d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Xbox > Microsoft Back On Track?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 394.00
Jan 29 2018 10:30pm
Surprised i havent seen anything really posted about all of this stuff on here.

1. Gamepass will now include all Microsoft first party games day 1. You can now essentially get every big exclusive from MS for $10 a month.

Im kind of against this but time will tell,its definitely a big thing for the gaming industry to see how it works.

2. Microsoft is in talks to purchase EA,Valve and PUBG

This might be one of the biggest things in gaming of this century if true. Even buying EA alone would be massive. Again im not sure how good this would be for the industry if every sports game,Titanfall,Mass Effect, Battlefield,Star wars etc etc became exclusive but it is still a huge deal if it ends up happening.

Plus with the X seemingly doing very well for them could Microsoft be back on track?They wont come close to the PS4 this gen i dont think but this could make things very interesting...thoughts?
Gold: 0.69
Jan 29 2018 11:27pm
Gamepass is great for new people to xbox but as for myself the gamepass is a joke since I own majority of the games on the gamepass list so it's kind of a waste for me to buy it. Also if you stop the gamepass you loose all the games so you technically don't own any of the games just renting them until your subscription is up.

I think Sea of Thieves is going to bring a lot of people to Xbox because the game is extremely fun and a very good exclusive that will have plenty of Playstation owners wishing they could play it.

I think if microsoft actually purchases EA that would be huge. If they can land PUBG too it will eliminate all the ps4 players hopes to finally get to play pubg on console since as of now it seems to be a timed exclusive but we shall see.

The X runs monster hunter world much better then the pro and looks much better on the x as well. I am hoping now that the X is out it will encourage companies to want to make exclusives on the most powerful console on the market.

It's going to be a challenge but it seems like they are trying to make a big push finally.

If they lock down EA ps4 players could say goodbye to Anthem too which could be a huge exclusive for Xbox.
Gold: 1,057.69
Jan 30 2018 08:14am
They r still far behind

Pubg will be on ps4 they said they want to port it on all console

I highly doubt that ea will be bought by microsoft but we'll see

They have a strong console but no games ...
Jan 30 2018 10:54am
Quote (hammered_guy @ Jan 30 2018 06:14am)
They r still far behind

Pubg will be on ps4 they said they want to port it on all console

I highly doubt that ea will be bought by microsoft but we'll see

They have a strong console but no games ...

They could have said whatever they want but if Microsoft buys Pubg Corp then they can change the plans of that easily. I just hope the ps4 users understand the game will run like garbage on the stock system and probably pretty poorly on the pro as well with how it runs on the X. Not sure about how bad it is on the Xbox one but it can't be that great since it has its issues on the X. They haven't even optimized it for PC and its been out for over a year so I doubt they can do it on consoles with way less power then the PCs people have.

Xbox may not have to many exclusives but they got Sea of Thieves which is going to be huge. Having both consoles I am far more excited for Sea of Thieves then anything on the playstation lineup this year. Being apart of the pioneer program and playing sea of thieves for past 6+ months its amazing how much they have improved and added as well as seeing it blow up on twitch with just the beta and all the big streamers are extremely hyped for the release now will be one of the first games in awhile Xbox has had that will make Playstation users a bit jealous.

Also the Darwin project is coming to xbox and won't be on playstation and the beta for that on pc was extremely fun as well.

I don't really see Microsoft going through with buying EA either to be honest because EA would lose a lot of money on potential sales of games if they made it xbox exclusive but them buying pubg corp is much more realistic.

It seems Microsoft is finally trying to focus on games rather then hardware so we will all have to wait and see what happens. They got a long road ahead of them but are starting to make the right moves and steps to do something about it finally.
Gold: 1,234.56
Jan 30 2018 11:02am
Valve purchase seems unrealistic. PUBG could happen though. EA would be a major, major acquisition. But MS hasn’t shown that they can manage development studios any better than EA has.
Gold: 137.00
Jan 30 2018 12:10pm
I own 90% of game pass games...
Jan 30 2018 12:11pm
Quote (Goobear @ Jan 30 2018 12:54pm)
They could have said whatever they want but if Microsoft buys Pubg Corp then they can change the plans of that easily. I just hope the ps4 users understand the game will run like garbage on the stock system and probably pretty poorly on the pro as well with how it runs on the X. Not sure about how bad it is on the Xbox one but it can't be that great since it has its issues on the X. They haven't even optimized it for PC and its been out for over a year so I doubt they can do it on consoles with way less power then the PCs people have.

Xbox may not have to many exclusives but they got Sea of Thieves which is going to be huge. Having both consoles I am far more excited for Sea of Thieves then anything on the playstation lineup this year. Being apart of the pioneer program and playing sea of thieves for past 6+ months its amazing how much they have improved and added as well as seeing it blow up on twitch with just the beta and all the big streamers are extremely hyped for the release now will be one of the first games in awhile Xbox has had that will make Playstation users a bit jealous.

Also the Darwin project is coming to xbox and won't be on playstation and the beta for that on pc was extremely fun as well.

I don't really see Microsoft going through with buying EA either to be honest because EA would lose a lot of money on potential sales of games if they made it xbox exclusive but them buying pubg corp is much more realistic.

It seems Microsoft is finally trying to focus on games rather then hardware so we will all have to wait and see what happens. They got a long road ahead of them but are starting to make the right moves and steps to do something about it finally.

Your second to last point becomes mute if MS owns EA, the loss of sales would be Microsofts problem then not the current owners of EA. If they were simply buying exclusive rights than I totally agree, but buying the company is different.
Jan 30 2018 12:41pm
Quote (Danno_omen @ Jan 30 2018 10:11am)
Your second to last point becomes mute if MS owns EA, the loss of sales would be Microsofts problem then not the current owners of EA. If they were simply buying exclusive rights than I totally agree, but buying the company is different.

Yeah I meant if they make the games exclusive would really hurt them because there is way more ps4s out there then xbox and with games like FIFA and such they would be loosing out on a lot of money. If they do which i doubt buy EA they would be smart to make Anthem an Exclusive while making other games like FIFA on both platforms kind of like what they did with Minecraft and such. It would be pointless to buy the company if they had no plans to make games exclusive since the main issue with Xbox is lack of exclusives even though they have a few nice ones this year but with games like scalebound and such being cancelled they need to do something.
Jan 30 2018 01:45pm
Quote (Goobear @ Jan 30 2018 02:41pm)
Yeah I meant if they make the games exclusive would really hurt them because there is way more ps4s out there then xbox and with games like FIFA and such they would be loosing out on a lot of money. If they do which i doubt buy EA they would be smart to make Anthem an Exclusive while making other games like FIFA on both platforms kind of like what they did with Minecraft and such. It would be pointless to buy the company if they had no plans to make games exclusive since the main issue with Xbox is lack of exclusives even though they have a few nice ones this year but with games like scalebound and such being cancelled they need to do something.

Well like I said in OP if they do this I'd imagine they keep sports titles on both systems so they don't lose those sales and then make the big huge AAA system sellers exclusive. Though I could argue that FIFA might be the biggest system seller ever if it became exclusive. I'd bet a lot of FIFA players only play FIFA and if it was on Xbox only might force a lot of those ppl to buy a Xbox or miss out. It would be very very interesting to see what they did if this came about.

I don't know if it will but generally these rumours turn into something, just like no one thought Disney would buy fox...
Gold: 1,057.69
Jan 30 2018 01:58pm
Quote (Goobear @ 30 Jan 2018 12:54)

pubg has only been officially launched the 20th of last december not over a year
Go Back To Xbox Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll