d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > I Woke Up Not Feeling It > Girlfriend
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,465.71
Jan 29 2018 07:38pm
Been friends with this girl for 4 years.

We sparked the day before christmas and are still currently dating.

I don't have a problem with her looks, her friends, or anything like that.

The issue is her personality is becoming apparent to me.

I can't be around my friends because we're memers and like to poke at eachother

She can't take a joke, she can't be around any other female or there is an issue.

She can't do sarcasm, she can't tell when I'm joking.

She apologizes for things she isn't responsible for and I can't explain to her I'm not mad.

Anyway- I woke up almost 2 weeks ago and I realized I don't think I love her.

I thought I was having a mood swing and just got over it, a week passed and I didn't feel that way again during that week.

I woke up yesterday feeling the same thing- but, now I feel guilty. She has really really really bad self-esteem, she thought I was going to leave her a month ago. She always brings up losing me... I just want her to chill the fuck out and be herself and she won't. I don't know how to explain to her if we do break up "why?"

I don't want to hurt her because she has potential suicidal tendencies, and I don't want to lose a friend. She comes on discord with my friends everyday and it will make shit so awkward if we break up.
Gold: 1,495.80
Jan 30 2018 05:45am
Tell her the truth and continue being friends and make sure she doesn’t do anything stupid and be supportive

The longer you stay in the relationship the more it will hurt her
Gold: 25.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 13 2018 10:56am
Lose that sloth
Gold: 9,970.00
Feb 13 2018 11:11am
Gold: 0.00
Feb 13 2018 03:56pm
Quote (d2jspNA @ Jan 29 2018 08:38pm)

She can't take a joke, she can't be around any other female or there is an issue.

She apologizes for things she isn't responsible for and I can't explain to her I'm not mad.

I thought I was having a mood swing and just got over it, a week passed and I didn't feel that way again during that week.

I woke up yesterday feeling the same thing- but, now I feel guilty. She has really really really bad self-esteem, she thought I was going to leave her a month ago. She always brings up losing me... I just want her to chill the fuck out and be herself and she won't. I don't know how to explain to her if we do break up "why?"

I don't want to hurt her because she has potential suicidal tendencies, and I don't want to lose a friend. She comes on discord with my friends everyday and it will make shit so awkward if we break up.

Obviously advice here is all opinion based, so take it as you will.

I'm a strong believer in that you have to take care of yourself first, even if you are in a relationship, your happiness and what you want has to come first. Just think about what you want to do, weigh out your options and decide.

Alot of the personality clashes that you have with her aren't things that she could easily change/ try to work. These are defining characteristics of who she is as a person. So you have to ask yourself is that what you are looking for in a relationship, can you continue to endure it.

I think if you come forward and talk to her about it she will probably be offended by it, but at the same time your relationship is still pretty fresh and seems like the honeymoon stage went away pretty fast. So maybe she will still be okay with being friends since you were already friends for such a long time.
Gold: 980.00
Feb 13 2018 10:59pm
Quote (d2jspNA @ Jan 30 2018 09:38am)

Tbh I’m kinda similar in your gf position but my bf at that time brought it up and we (mainly me) did work on my behaviour. It’s really about communication and putting in effort for a relationship if you really like the person.
Gold: 191.00
Mar 13 2018 01:56pm
I hate to tell you this but it sounds like you'll have to just move on from the situation even if you really like her if the personality isn't there and you aren't meshing well you probably won't further down the road either just a word of advice. If you have to force it and it's not natural might as well save your chips
Gold: 28,300.00
Mar 17 2018 08:43pm
that is who she is
Gold: 1,113.99
Mar 19 2018 11:18am
Get out of there before she toxicates your everyday life and drain you every time you meet. She is making you anti social over time (1. no other females allowed to be around you).
Just becuz she 'likes' you doesn't mean you gotta stay (2. inserting guilty feeling in you to stay, 3. repetitively making you explain yourself you aren't mad at her, 4. Thus keep feeding her energy, 5. drags you to her level).
You have realised several times her personality is not right for you, so why stay if not match? Move on.
She is responsible for her life. Get her professional help to overcome her mental issues/suicidial tendencies for the sake of friendship if she comply.
Start dating others. Also pic of her appreciated. GL.

This post was edited by zayl121 on Mar 19 2018 11:40am
Gold: 1,886.69
Mar 20 2018 09:52am
Start being a dick so she doesn’t want to be with you
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll