d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Fisa Memo Releasing
Prev1234523Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,189.49
Jan 30 2018 05:00pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jan 30 2018 04:45pm)
but i heard in 2016 that this historic win was just the start of a 50+ year unopposed run for the GOP and that the mental disorder known as liberalism was a dying breed!

I agree, i think that we're looking at a base so energized that 2018 is going to be rough and 2020 might be worse for the GOP. While goomy runs around calling russia a nothingburger scare tactic the truth is it's hardened the base, could lead to an incredibly expensive impeachment preceding, and will likely cause our station in the world to diminish. In essence, while it's also likely true to an extent BUT friendly fire in effect, its potent ammo for the left come election time. Right winged narratives can be directly linked to a foreign government, and while those are just echos of the right itself its still a pretty damn good easy button for Dems.

eh but
just because I say its hysteria and fearmongering isn't the same thing as me saying it doesn't work. George W. Bush got reelected because it does work. Never overestimate the intelligence of the american voting public. The democrats nearly managed to win in 2016 despite having a reviled, unlikeable lobster at the front of their party pushing policies everyone was opposed to, and the only reason it was close is because her cynical smear campaign, her fearmongering and hysteria and weaponized social morals- it worked. It just didn't work well enough. I think she would have easily won if she had just done her dirty tricks right

I think the 2018 and 2020 elections will come down to the most predictable metrics- satisfaction with the state of the country. If the economy continues to soar, republicans will be insulated, even the worst of democratic waves in 2018 won't unseat the house and probably not the senate either. If the economy collapses, Trump's a goner. Yet by that same token, democrats will be in a tough spot if their Mueller probe collapses between now and then, because they'll lose their russiaburger narrative. They cannot afford to have Mueller exonerate Trump, or republican partisans poke holes in Mueller's probe enough to delegitimize it. If they want to benefit from it, they need to keep it going 10 more months
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 30 2018 05:05pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Jan 30 2018 05:00pm)
eh but
just because I say its hysteria and fearmongering isn't the same thing as me saying it doesn't work. George W. Bush got reelected because it does work. Never overestimate the intelligence of the american voting public. The democrats nearly managed to win in 2016 despite having a reviled, unlikeable lobster at the front of their party pushing policies everyone was opposed to, and the only reason it was close is because her cynical smear campaign, her fearmongering and hysteria and weaponized social morals- it worked. It just didn't work well enough. I think she would have easily won if she had just done her dirty tricks right

I think the 2018 and 2020 elections will come down to the most predictable metrics- satisfaction with the state of the country. If the economy continues to soar, republicans will be insulated, even the worst of democratic waves in 2018 won't unseat the house and probably not the senate either. If the economy collapses, Trump's a goner. Yet by that same token, democrats will be in a tough spot if their Mueller probe collapses between now and then, because they'll lose their russiaburger narrative. They cannot afford to have Mueller exonerate Trump, or republican partisans poke holes in Mueller's probe enough to delegitimize it. If they want to benefit from it, they need to keep it going 10 more months

i realize that, what im suggesting is that you are the one who is hysterical (or as close to emotion as you can get :rofl: ) because this russia shit will lead to results you don't like. Expensive impeachment proceedings that set a dangerous precedent, a sitting president who couldn't pass a damn thing, etc. Whereas when Obama lost his mandate and had to sit on his hands, largely driven by bullshit in the media about his Muslim takeover of the US and gungrabbbing aspirations that didn't line up, you would have been much less upset. Russian collusion isn't a nothing burger, its largely misdirected because its more about russian interference, and for every legit "win" on the subject we shoot our feet 3 times, but its not a nothing burger. Funny thing is centrists like myself called for a much less involved investigation, but the right called it 100% fake news, so the left amplified the claims to the point that it garnered an investigation larger than what we needed. the finger pointing always leads to overspending and media hysteria, when a simple bipartisan fact finding group in the House could have presented a preliminary report that may have left Mueller in retirement.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Jan 30 2018 05:07pm
Gold: 500.00
Jan 30 2018 05:12pm
The republican that wrote a memo based on brietbart talking points and wouldn't release it is now going to release It?
Gold: 2,489.69
Jan 30 2018 05:15pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Jan 30 2018 05:12pm)
The republican that wrote a memo based on brietbart talking points and wouldn't release it is now going to release It?

well. he finally read the documents he made a summarized hit piece on and realize there might actually be some there there.
Gold: 17,384.69
Jan 30 2018 05:18pm
not sure if noticed but theres "memo" eveywhere those days, all that is getting ridiculous.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jan 30 2018 06:37pm
Quote (Goomshill @ 31 Jan 2018 00:00)
eh but

I agree. But what if the economy doesnt outright soar and instead keeps going at the current pace and the one it's been at for the past couple of years? In that case, retaining the house is far from guaranteed for the GOP. Current polls have the dems leading the gop by around 7-8% on the generic congressional ballot - and experts estimate that the dems need to win the house popular vote by around 7% to win a majority of seats due to gerrymandering. So as things stand right now, the house race would come down to the wire.

And lets not forget that the GOP would really love to expand their lead in the Senate with a map as advantageous as the one that's coming up. If they could go to maybe 54 or 55 seats, this would make things sooooo much easier.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jan 30 2018 06:37pm
Gold: 10.77
Jan 30 2018 07:32pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jan 30 2018 05:37pm)
I agree. But what if the economy doesnt outright soar and instead keeps going at the current pace and the one it's been at for the past couple of years? In that case, retaining the house is far from guaranteed for the GOP. Current polls have the dems leading the gop by around 7-8% on the generic congressional ballot - and experts estimate that the dems need to win the house popular vote by around 7% to win a majority of seats due to gerrymandering. So as things stand right now, the house race would come down to the wire.

And lets not forget that the GOP would really love to expand their lead in the Senate with a map as advantageous as the one that's coming up. If they could go to maybe 54 or 55 seats, this would make things sooooo much easier.

The economy is barely growing right now. The inflation index shot up about 2% from 2015 to 2016 and it will continue to rise. And then interest rates are going up. All of the "gains" we've seen have amounted to just over a half percentage growth when indexed to inflation, not three percent. Just because numbers are going up doesn't mean their purchasing power is being dragged along as well. You're all getting poorer even as your money grows.

Year | Inflation rate | Growth Rate | Inflation Adjusted Growth Rate

2012 | 1.7% | 2.2% | 0.5%

2013 | 1.5% | 1.7% | 0.2%

2014 | 0.8% | 2.6% | 1.8%

2015 | 0.7% | 2.9% | 1.2%

2016 | 2.1% | 1.5% | -0.6%

2017 | 2.1% | 2.3% | 0.2%

2018 | 1.9% | est 2.9% | 1%

This post was edited by inkanddagger on Jan 30 2018 07:34pm
Gold: 90.58
Jan 30 2018 07:34pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jan 30 2018 05:32pm)
The economy is barely growing right now. The inflation index shot up about 2% from 2015 to 2016 and it will continue to rise. And then interest rates are going up. All of the "gains" we've seen have amounted to just over a half percentage growth when indexed to inflation, not three percent. Just because numbers are going up doesn't mean their purchasing power is being dragged along as well. You're all getting poorer even as your money grows.

how can i make you happy? what would you like me to do

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Jan 30 2018 07:34pm
Gold: 10.77
Jan 30 2018 07:40pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Jan 30 2018 06:34pm)
how can i make you happy? what would you like me to do

Refuse to be beholden to the orgiastic fantasies of god-savior politicians.
Gold: 90.58
Jan 30 2018 07:50pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Jan 30 2018 05:40pm)
Refuse to be beholden to the orgiastic fantasies of god-savior politicians.

do you think all people that voted for trump fall under that statement?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234523Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll