d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Turkish Launched Raid In Syria Afrin
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,383.11
Jan 20 2018 06:26pm
Quote (fender @ 20 Jan 2018 23:08)
the world should stop negotiating with the dictator erdogan and give him the north korea treatment. unfortunately, turkey is located in a strategically important position, and despite its theocratic aspirations still considered one of the more "stable" islamic nations, so i guess that won't happen. considering their development in recent years it would be well deserved though...

that's the problem. despite our peaceful reputation (and i'm saying this unironically since i'm refering to the last couple of decades), arms exports are a significant factor of our economy and the industry's political influence is considerable. public opinion, which mainly opposes (at least that's my impression, i don't know exact figures since these issues are well underreported here) selling to questionable countries , doesn't really play a role. unfortunately we don't really discriminate at all when it comes to selling our weapon systems (to states like turkey, saudi-arabia, israel...) - and that's something basically all our parties (except the extreme left) are guilty of, even if they pretend to oppose it when it's politically convenient...

i am smelling some antisemitism here

but its true, the same politicians virtue signalling 24/7 about refugees send weapons to erdogan and saudi arabia.....yeah :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll