Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.95
Jan 21 2018 12:18pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 21 2018 01:45pm)

The babeoisie is fighting back.
Gold: 3.33
Jan 21 2018 12:23pm
Quote (Skinned @ Jan 21 2018 06:38pm)
Its not an asset or a possession or much of anything within the first trimester. There is no metaphysical soul that inhabits a rapidly folding mass of cells, especially as the law is concerned. There is a point where it becomes a human being, but within the first trimester that doesn't happen, and its only starting to resemble something human and sentient. In American Law, each state has the freedom to regulate abortion as they see fit after the first trimester, which is fair enough for me, one should make this decision by this time, unless it is a therapeutic abortion and medically necessary for the patient receiving the health care. Prior to the end of the first trimester, its a private healthcare matter, as it actually is.

If men could get pregnant, even only rarely, abortion would cease to be a political issue, and abortions would be available with no controversy. It is a political issue because politics is the exercise of power and women's bodies and the control thereof are still a subject of political discourse, unlike men's bodies for the most part.

I'm pretty sure that's how it went too :)

Therefore would you be in favour of reducing the abortion limit to the end of the first trimester, at 12 weeks?

Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jan 21 2018 06:40pm)
At what point is a baby an independent entity? It's literally part of the mother, growing inside the mother. It's attached--we have to cut it off. It's like a tumor.

In my opinion, from the point it gains sentience starting around 18 weeks in. When the neurons in the brain are developed and complex enough for thought processes.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll