d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > I Want An Original Gamecube With Games
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6.76
Jan 19 2018 12:23am
Quote (noob_whacker @ Jan 19 2018 07:20am)
pretty sure you can use gamecube controllers and the gamecube disc for some versions of the wii...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Wii/Troubleshooting/Nintendo-GameCube-software-and-accessories/Identifying-if-a-Wii-console-is-compatible-with-Nintendo-GameCube-software-and-accessories-/Nintendo-GameCube-software-and-accessories-242193.html

"Please note that Wii consoles bought in 2011 or later may not be compatible with Nintendo GameCube software nor accessories that use the Nintendo GameCube Controller Sockets, such as certain Dance Mat controllers.

One way of finding out if a Wii is compatible with these, is by taking a look at the Model No. placed above the bar code on the system packaging, as shown in the sample image below. Note that the location of the Model No. on the packaging may differ."

" If the Model No. starts with RVL, the Wii system IS compatible with Nintendo GameCube software and accessories.
If the Model No. starts with RVK, the Wii system IS NOT compatible with Nintendo GameCube software and accessories."

well mine has to be an rvk then because i tried putting a gc game in and it said no disc. or mine is just old and sucks. not sure.

all i know is my wii u cant play gc games so best way is to just get a used gc i guess.
Gold: 8,221.76
Jan 19 2018 12:25am
Quote (POL1Z1STENS0HN @ Jan 19 2018 02:23am)
well mine has to be an rvk then because i tried putting a gc game in and it said no disc. or mine is just old and sucks. not sure.

all i know is my wii u cant play gc games so best way is to just get a used gc i guess.

u said you bought a wii, not a wii u.
Gold: 6.76
Jan 19 2018 12:32am
Quote (noob_whacker @ Jan 19 2018 07:25am)
u said you bought a wii, not a wii u.

wait what? ^^

i have a wii and a wii u. one is white, one is black. both didnt recognize the gc game i inserted and i doubt the disc is broken tbh.

thats why i guessed the wii must be an rvk model. cant check atm cuz at work :S
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll