d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > User Blogs > Independent Works In The Social Sciences. > This Could Change The World
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 268.15
Jan 24 2018 09:34am
Here are some pictures that I like:

It seems to me that this is the highest degree of betrayal, to let others believe that one belongs to another dimension. To let others believe that one belong to another world, and that he has capacities totally different from those others have. It's sometimes a weapon to lie that way. It's a little bluffing, like poker. And it's only scary to those who have done wicked things.
Jan 26 2018 09:13am
Do I believe in the existence of plots?
Yes, I think it's possible that there are one or more plots. I think we need to be vigilant about conspiracies, without falling into paranoia. I think we should delegate certain burdens to organizations. It seems to me that it would be good to charge an organization (independent as much as possible) to make sure there are no conspiracies.
Jan 26 2018 09:59am
What do I think of linux?
I think linux is something good for several reasons:
  • Windows uses a library made of many different functions. Each program can use one function or another, and it allows it to work. The problem is that some programs need to modify a function present in the library. This affects all other programs, and this often triggers error messages or crashes. In linux, each program is installed with the functions it uses.
  • the source code of Windows is largely hidden, unlike linux source code

There are two types of computer language: the interpreted language, and the compiled language. To write Windows, Microsoft used a compiled language, which will allow the creation of an executable. This executable can be executed, but does not contain the source code of Windows programs.

The Windows kernel was written in C language. The C language is a compiled language, and the source code was never disclosed.
The Linux kernel was written in C language too, but unlike the Windows kernel, its source code was revealed.

• Linux is used by the vast majority of servers.
    If you know how to master linux, then you will know what is going on in the servers. In case of failure, you will know what works well, and what does not work. It seems to me important to know some basic things about the internet.

Did you know that there are 13 servers at the origin of the internet?
Without these 13 servers, we can not associate a domain name (ex: www.d2jsp.org) with an ip address (104.20.30.xxx). We would not be able to access what we want.

Since we use the internet every day, it seems important to me to know a little about how it works.

This post was edited by Chevaucheur on Jan 26 2018 10:10am
Jan 26 2018 12:56pm
One program that I find interesting is the High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP). It is a program whose task is to study the complex mechanisms that govern the ionosphere. HAARP is a clearly military-purpose facility that can have an impact on the environment and humans, and there should be a visit by an international team, but the US refuse this visit to be made.

There is another similar project, and it's the rain machine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzoyqWdKZgI

I think there are real and near threats to our environment. This is why it seems to me important to organize strong and powerful social sciences. My work is unknown despite my efforts, and I find it's a shame. My work may be more important than people might think.

This post was edited by Chevaucheur on Jan 26 2018 01:05pm
Jan 26 2018 01:29pm
Thanks to my studies, there are some things I know about public health:
  • because of the contraceptive pill, there are estrogen in the urine of many girls. These estrogens are found in small amounts in the water we drink, and that could be one of the causes of boys' fertility decline.
  • in the seas and oceans, algae are few exposed to lead. But there are small mollusks who eat algae, and who are a little more exposed to lead. And there are small fish that eat small mollusks, and are slightly more exposed to lead. And there are big fish that eat small fish and are even more exposed to lead.
    The further we go in the food chain, the more lead there is. Lead is a toxic substance that accumulates in living organisms.
Jan 27 2018 02:16pm
Il paraît que les hommes d'Etat actuellement au pouvoir poursuivent sérieusement le dessein d'établir la paix en permanence. Mais l'accroissement incessant des armements prouve trop clairement qu'ils ne sont pas à la hauteur des puissances adverses qui poussent à la préparation de la guerre. Je suis convaincu que le salut ne peut venir que du sein des peuples. S'ils veulent éviter l'esclavage indigne du service militaire, ils doivent se déclarer résolument en faveur du désarmement général. Tant qu'il y aura des armées, tout conflit un peu sérieux conduira à la guerre. Un pacifisme qui ne combat pas activement les armements des Etats est et demeure impuissant.
Puissent la conscience et le bon sens des peuples développer assez de forces vives pour que nous atteignions dans la vie des peuples un nouvel échelon du haut duquel la guerre nous apparaîtra comme une erreur incompréhensible de nos ancêtres.

Albert Einstein, Comment je vois le Monde, chapitre "Pacifisme actif"

It looks as if the ruling statesmen of to-day were really trying to secure permanent peace. But the ceaseless piling-up of armaments shows only too clearly that they are unequal to coping with the hostile forces which are preparing for war. In my opinion, deliverance can only come from the peoples themselves. If they wish to avoid the degrading slavery of war-service, they must declare with no uncertain voice for complete disarmament. As long as armies exist, any serious quarrel will lead to war. A pacifism which does not actually try to prevent the nations from arming is and must remain impotent.
May the conscience and the common sense of the peoples be awakened, so that we may reach a new stage in the life of nations, where people will look back on war as an incomprehensible aberration of their forefathers!

Albert Einstein, The world as I see it, chapter "Active Pacifism"
Jan 28 2018 05:43am
I used this picture:

I downloaded this font: https://www.dafont.com/fr/barber-street.font
I placed the downloaded file in C:\Windows\Fonts

I used the font to write directly in gimp, and I used a size of 50.

I merged the two layers.

I added a bevel, doing filter --> decor --> add a bevel (thickness: 10)

I added waves, doing filter --> animation --> waves (amplitude: 3.2 ; wavelength: 16.2)

That's it. It took me 1-2 hour, the time I discovered the tools.

I then exported the images with the following parameters: loop forever, delay between frames: 100, use delay for all frames, use disposal for all frames

Here is the result:

Jan 28 2018 01:07pm
Kindness (la gentillesse)

Kindness is very important to me, and it was important to my paternal grandmother.
It is one of the most effective ways to resist malevolence, and resist the terror terrorists want to impose. Kindness is an exigency. Kindness means requiring the right to have well-being, and requiring the right to share well-being with our loved ones.

Kindness is something very important to me.
It may seem that kindness is not important, but it would be a mistake. Sometimes, it's the kindness that makes all the difference. There are two important things for society to be stable: justice is needed, and peace is needed. A person who neglects to be kind is someone who cares only about justice and neglects the importance of peace. If you want to be an active pacifist, then you have to be a kind person.

This post was edited by Chevaucheur on Jan 28 2018 01:08pm
Jan 28 2018 01:12pm
Here is a remarkable work done by EmericAn:

Thank you, EmericAn.

http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=78020292&f=111
Jan 28 2018 04:06pm
It seems to me that there are many common points between the Avatars, as presented in James Cameron's film, and the Jews:
  • like the jews, the avatars have powerful understanding abilities: "it is difficult to fill a cup that is already full"
  • avatars have unique psychic abilities; they can see in the dark, they can communicate with trees, they can be friends with animals. With people like Albert Einstein, Sigmund Freud and Judith Polgar, Jews have shown that they too have unique abilities.
  • the avatars are very resistant thanks to their carbon fiber bones. The Jews succeeded to survive for millennia, despite their low demographics.
  • like the Jews, the avatars have only one god.
  • like the Jews, avatars have a respect for decency: after winning the war, they let go the losers.
  • among avatars, girls have an important place in the community: they sometimes even dare to attack boys. This concept is also found in the Jewish community.
  • girls carve their brain a bit in the sense of performance.
  • at one point in the film, we hear what sounds like "youyous" as there are sometimes in the Sephardic community (or in the Muslim community).
  • avatars recite prayers when they kill an animal, like Jews or Muslims.

Finally, it seems to me that this avatar community is unlikely, because they cultivate only one or two intelligences. I think it is unlikely that a community could grow, cultivating only two intelligences (understanding and flavor).
I also think that the avatars make a mistake by letting invaders go. I think they'd better ask them to share knowledge and technologies.
Go Back To User Blogs Topic List
Prev1234513Next
Add Reply New Topic