d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT >
Poll > Windows Or Mac
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 570.00
Jan 16 2018 12:54am
Hi,
  • I'm looking to buy a new laptop soon
  • It will be strictly for school work, I won't be playing any games on it
  • My budget is around a grand
  • I study business/finance

If you need any other info to help choose, ask away

Which do you prefer and why?
Gold: 6.76
Jan 16 2018 12:57am
mac if you want them to know you can pay money for shit with an apple on its back

windows for twice the power with the same price tag

so its gonna be mac i guess. cant study business and look like a poor boy
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Jan 16 2018 01:05am
Macs are the best. They are the #1 brand in computing for a reason. True professionals and artists that need high performance and feature rich environments for content creation and productivity will certainly be better off with a mac for basically any use case that isn't gaming. Apple is also far more committed to quality control than any other laptop/workstation vendor. You can be sure you're getting a product that will last a very long time when you buy a mac, with reliable support to boot. I recommend Apple computers over Windows any day for all these purposes. It's on an entirely different level. Take the same cpu on a mac and run superpi, you will find that the mac is also always 20-30% faster to calculate, this is because OSX has very little overhead; it is a GNU/Linux based operating system that has been streamlined to have the perfect balance of dependability and flexibility that you need; less millions of cycles per second wasted on 1000's of bullshit services and telemetry/backdoors like Windows has, more performance for you., keep that in mind: with the same hardware, a mac is always going to finish first.
Gold: 570.00
Jan 16 2018 02:24am
Quote (POL1Z1STENS0HN @ Jan 16 2018 01:57am)
mac if you want them to know you can pay money for shit with an apple on its back

windows for twice the power with the same price tag

so its gonna be mac i guess. cant study business and look like a poor boy

savage

Quote (DCSS @ Jan 16 2018 02:05am)
Macs are the best. They are the #1 brand in computing for a reason. True professionals and artists that need high performance and feature rich environments for content creation and productivity will certainly be better off with a mac for basically any use case that isn't gaming. Apple is also far more committed to quality control than any other laptop/workstation vendor. You can be sure you're getting a product that will last a very long time when you buy a mac, with reliable support to boot. I recommend Apple computers over Windows any day for all these purposes. It's on an entirely different level. Take the same cpu on a mac and run superpi, you will find that the mac is also always 20-30% faster to calculate, this is because OSX has very little overhead; it is a GNU/Linux based operating system that has been streamlined to have the perfect balance of dependability and flexibility that you need; less millions of cycles per second wasted on 1000's of bullshit services and telemetry/backdoors like Windows has, more performance for you., keep that in mind: with the same hardware, a mac is always going to finish first.

thank you for the opinion good sir
Gold: 6.76
Jan 16 2018 02:44am
Quote (Bourse @ Jan 16 2018 09:24am)
savage

i personally had one mac and was very upset about it. maybe also because i had stupid ideas of what theses things are capable of.

im not saying it was all bad but damn it didnt even have an ethernetport nor hdmi. had to buy 3 adapters to make use of everything a normal notebook would offer from the scratch.

next thing was maybe silly but i wanted to play something. i swear nothing big, it was only hearthstone. started it under mac client and had only losses. game bugged out so often it drove me mad. maybe not really a gaming machine but for 2k bucks i thought it should be able to play hearthstone, i mean even fucking iphone can do that.

returned it to my company and asked for a dell i had since then. best business/office notebook i had in ages. battery is as strong as nokia 3310 and it comes with an os i know how to make use of.

so yeah maybe excuse my biased rating but apple is shit in my eyes.

edit the new one i got is a dell precision m3520. pretty fantastic imo

This post was edited by POL1Z1STENS0HN on Jan 16 2018 02:55am
Gold: 90.58
Jan 16 2018 05:54am
Windows 7
Gold: 3,356.37
Jan 16 2018 10:36am
Doesn't matter, just be sure whichever model you choose is of great build quality.

For simplicitys sake just get a Mac.
Gold: 18,352.00
Jan 16 2018 10:46am
fuck macs.
save money for the bitches.
Gold: 18,820.77
Jan 16 2018 04:13pm
I had a mac laptop and will never get another one. It was fairly reliable for a few years but not worth the pricetag imo. Plus its like everything nowadays was coded for windows... i had windows partitioned ontu my mac for that reason... was a bit of a pain lol
Gold: 1,838,852.00
Jan 16 2018 04:56pm
You got an 1000$ budget and you are deciding between Mac and Windows?
My GF is an graphic artist which speciales in webdesign she changed from an Macbook pro to an Asus Zenbook and got an Ryzen 1700 system for larger projects. She is very happy she made the change.

This post was edited by ZwiX on Jan 16 2018 04:57pm
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll