d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Flopps' Playoff Power Rankings 2018 > Divisional Round
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 12 2018 04:58pm
^ I have the Vikings above us too. We have sooooooooooooo many fucking problems. I get that Brady/BB are ridiculous in the playoffs, but the entire team has looked like lukewarm asshole for the last few weeks. I'm hoping they get it together, but I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if Mariota rushes for 100+ and 2 TDs and pulls off a last second game winning score, after Brady pulled off taking the lead with a minute 20 left.
Gold: 14,000.00
Jan 12 2018 05:08pm
Ok coach, bust out the all-22 footage and break down Bortles incompletions, since you said you could show us. ;)

Also, in your last line " but let's not forget that the Jaguars looked as happy with a 10-3 win as they did when they crushed teams on their way to the playoffs" are you trying to imply that this team looked way over joyed, or under joyed? Because they weren't over joyed by any means. They expected this.

Here's the minute long clip of the post game speech below. This has been similar to the way celebrations/post game speech's have went all year long. Listen especially to Poz at the end of the clip when he's breaking the team down. No way are they content with just this past win.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Doug-Marrones-Locker-Room-Speech-/179c30a0-de8c-4cba-a118-182d1557ed45
Jan 12 2018 05:10pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jan 12 2018 02:50pm)
Pats should be on top, and you know it, too; you're just reverse homering. Viks, Saints, and Steelers in any order imo, depends on which team shows up. All have some ?'s. Steelers have some locker room issues + Ben has been off a few times this season. Vikings are still starting Case Keenum, last I checked. Saints started awfully slow this year, and last week they lost their rushing attack. Brees is still Brees tho, so idk. Hard to say which leads the pack, I might say Vikings > Saints > Steelers. I can live with Vikings > Steelers > Saints, which is what you have.

Falcons obv next. Haven't played their best this season but the regular season is done and they still have the same type of potential on that offense they had last year. If they get hot they're legit, and that defense deserves more credit than people give it.

Jags and Igles next. Sorry Hako, but you put up 10 points last week. Really a question of whether you think having a constant at QB is better (Blake Awful) or Foles, who is a better QB but wasn't the QB that got them here. Both inconsistent, but both can put up points on the right night with some help. Gonna give the nod to the Jags, but it's fuckin' close.

Sorry Titans.

Last week I thought you had the Chiefs too high, which was correct, and thought you had the Jags too low, which was incorrect. We basically agree this week so that is either a great thing or an awful thing.

Why sorry? I don't care where anybody thinks they rate us lol. People were still calling us bad all year even after blowing the doors off of teams consistently. We get into the playoffs and they're still calling us bad, so why would it be any different now lmao
Gold: Locked
Jan 12 2018 05:14pm
Quote (Hako @ Jan 12 2018 04:10pm)
Why sorry? I don't care where anybody thinks they rate us lol. People were still calling us bad all year even after blowing the doors off of teams consistently. We get into the playoffs and they're still calling us bad, so why would it be any different now lmao

I was really hoping for the Jags to blow the doors off of the Bills. I had the Jags winning by more than 2 scores.

The Bills aren't a bad team, but your offense looked stagnant. Have to be able to put up points to progress in the playoffs, and Bortles didn't show any ability to do so against one of the weaker playoff teams. Maybe it was an off week, but it didn't instill confidence.
/e
And sorry in advance because y'all are getting eliminated.

This post was edited by BardOfXiix on Jan 12 2018 05:14pm
Jan 12 2018 05:23pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jan 12 2018 03:14pm)
I was really hoping for the Jags to blow the doors off of the Bills. I had the Jags winning by more than 2 scores.

The Bills aren't a bad team, but your offense looked stagnant. Have to be able to put up points to progress in the playoffs, and Bortles didn't show any ability to do so against one of the weaker playoff teams. Maybe it was an off week, but it didn't instill confidence.

It looked like our coaches knew our team was just better from top to bottom after the first couple series. They knew the wind would be an issue ( it was) and had a simple game plan (they weren't running any plays that we've seen in weeks prior when Bortles was lighting it up). After the first couple drives it was easy to see that the Bills Offense wasn't going to beat us and we didn't need to be aggressive against them. No need to try and force something and risk making a mistake.

That'll have to change going forward though, but I feel they were hiding a lot of their hand against the Bills.
Gold: 110,124.89
Jan 12 2018 05:50pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 12 2018 06:58pm)
^ I have the Vikings above us too. We have sooooooooooooo many fucking problems. I get that Brady/BB are ridiculous in the playoffs, but the entire team has looked like lukewarm asshole for the last few weeks. I'm hoping they get it together

yeah this is precisely why I have Vikings above us.

Quote (Hako @ Jan 12 2018 07:08pm)
Ok coach, bust out the all-22 footage and break down Bortles incompletions, since you said you could show us. ;)

Also, in your last line " but let's not forget that the Jaguars looked as happy with a 10-3 win as they did when they crushed teams on their way to the playoffs" are you trying to imply that this team looked way over joyed, or under joyed? Because they weren't over joyed by any means. They expected this.

Here's the minute long clip of the post game speech below. This has been similar to the way celebrations/post game speech's have went all year long. Listen especially to Poz at the end of the clip when he's breaking the team down. No way are they content with just this past win.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Doug-Marrones-Locker-Room-Speech-/179c30a0-de8c-4cba-a118-182d1557ed45

Don't ask me to bust out my tape. I just might ;)

but yeah I'm saying the Jags have that fight in them, they're young, and they want the wins man.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Jan 12 2018 07:33pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jan 12 2018 06:50pm)
Pats should be on top, and you know it, too; you're just reverse homering.

This lmao. He does this all the time it's just about as embarassing as actual homering.
Gold: 3,059.01
Warn: 10%
Jan 12 2018 07:34pm
JAGS WILL SMASH EVERY TEAM THEY COME IN CONTACT WITH
Gold: 0.00
Jan 12 2018 07:39pm
falcons vs ne again...don't be mad
Gold: 110,124.89
Jan 12 2018 07:41pm
Quote (WatcherOfTheSkies @ Jan 12 2018 09:33pm)
This lmao. He does this all the time it's just about as embarassing as actual homering.

ugh how dare I look at the game objectively
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll