d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Trump Says No To "s-hole" Countries > S-hole People Need Not Apply For Citizen
Prev1232425262734Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 18,534.02
Jan 15 2018 10:43am
Sauceman123524324362345 is at it again. He wants to wrap up the worst post of 2018 early. He's trying to bully the competition.
Gold: 83.30
Jan 15 2018 10:55am
Quote (iBruno @ Jan 15 2018 04:35pm)
Thats funny, last i checked Detroit is not the average in the USA. Lets look at the average from these "shithole" countries from Africa. It's easy to nit pick.

Also these "youngest people in the world" won't go anywhere without proper education and infrastructure. They will simply continue the cycle of poverty. This is history repeating itself unless we come together as humans and help each other.

I also mentioned NYC. Which many people point out as one of the places to visit in the USA.

@IceMage. Yes Paris is dirty, and unfriendly. Compared to Scandinavia most nations are more dirty. Does that automatically make them shitholes though? A friend of mine visited Ethiopia and Somalia during the Christmas holidays, and he had a great time. The border guard into Somalia was hospitable, contrary to those in the USA. And that hospitality extended throughout the stay, even though the people are poorer. Using terms like shithole is incredibly ignorant.

Honestly the thing you can point out about this the most is that his language is unbecoming of a president. Especially since one of their main jobs is to maintain international relations.

This post was edited by balrog66 on Jan 15 2018 10:56am
Gold: 57.00
Jan 15 2018 10:59am
Quote (IceMage @ 15 Jan 2018 12:41)
Yes, Detroit is a shithole, lol.

I've heard Paris is dirty.

youre being a racist etc.
Gold: 2,571.50
Jan 15 2018 11:09am
Quote (balrog66 @ Jan 15 2018 04:55pm)
I also mentioned NYC. Which many people point out as one of the places to visit in the USA.

@IceMage. Yes Paris is dirty, and unfriendly. Compared to Scandinavia most nations are more dirty. Does that automatically make them shitholes though? A friend of mine visited Ethiopia and Somalia during the Christmas holidays, and he had a great time. The border guard into Somalia was hospitable, contrary to those in the USA. And that hospitality extended throughout the stay, even though the people are poorer. Using terms like shithole is incredibly ignorant.

Honestly the thing you can point out about this the most is that his language is unbecoming of a president. Especially since one of their main jobs is to maintain international relations.

NYC is also not a country? hello?

Just because the 2nd biggest city in the world has bad neighborhoods I still don't think it's a fit comparison by any means.

Like I said, tourist / rich areas are not really fit for comparison. Do you see US citizens migrating elsewhere in doves because of the country they live in? Didn't think so.

Now, the fact still stands that it was completely inappropriate for a president, specially from the most powerful country in the planet. Absolutely vulgar, uncalled for and he should publicly apologize. Regardless if it was a "closed behind doors session".

I'm not born in the USA, but I have lived in South America (Brazil for 16 years), Spain for 1 year, Amsterdam for 3 years, USA for 10. I can safely say that Brazil is a shithole country. There are extremely nice and beautiful areas and rich people, but the MAJORITY of the country is filled with poverty, misery, crime. That is why it is a shithole. And same can be said for many African countries.

This post was edited by iBruno on Jan 15 2018 11:12am
Gold: Locked
Jan 15 2018 11:16am
Quote (balrog66 @ Jan 15 2018 09:19am)
Isn't Detroit a shithole then? Or the other countless derelict places in the USA?

Tbh to me, with NorthWestern EU tidiness standards, even NYC was really dirty. And I suspect someone from Singapore will think Amsterdam is really dirty.

If you haven't traveled much you might think that. I've been to the slums in China. Been to Detroit and NY, they don't even compare. While the U.S. could do a LOT better, it's painfully obvious that we don't have poverty of the scale or magnitude that many other countries face.
Jan 15 2018 11:41am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Jan 15 2018 05:16pm)
If you haven't traveled much you might think that. I've been to the slums in China. Been to Detroit and NY, they don't even compare. While the U.S. could do a LOT better, it's painfully obvious that we don't have poverty of the scale or magnitude that many other countries face.

Yeah of course other places are going to be dirtier and poorer. I'm not disputing that. It's just a cheap shot, most people already know that circumstances are worse in the third world.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Jan 15 2018 11:57am
Quote (BardOfXiix @ 15 Jan 2018 18:16)

in terms of poverty and income inequality, the US are a "shithole" - at least compared to other OECD countries (only mexico, chile, and turkey are worse): http://www.compareyourcountry.org/inequality?cr=oecd&lg=en&page=0&visited=1
ofc when it comes to those kinds of statistics (or deaths by violent crime for example), americans prefer to compare themselves to 3rd world countries in order to look better.

the truth, however, is that the reason norwegians for example have no desire to emigrate to the US is that norway is just a significantly better place to live - as are most western european countries...
Jan 15 2018 12:01pm
Quote (fender @ Jan 15 2018 05:57pm)
in terms of poverty and income inequality, the US are a "shithole" - at least compared to other OECD countries (only mexico, chile, and turkey are worse): http://www.compareyourcountry.org/inequality?cr=oecd&lg=en&page=0&visited=1
ofc when it comes to those kinds of statistics (or deaths by violent crime for example), americans prefer to compare themselves to 3rd world countries in order to look better.

the truth, however, is that the reason norwegians for example have no desire to emigrate to the US is that norway is just a significantly better place to live - as are most western european countries...

This is as cheap as Trump's remark.
Warn: 20%
Jan 15 2018 12:08pm
Quote (balrog66 @ 15 Jan 2018 19:01)
This is as cheap as Trump's remark.

i am sure the trumpapologists will defend me because i'm just telling the truth though...
Jan 15 2018 12:21pm
Quote (IceMage @ 15 Jan 2018 16:41)
Yes, Detroit is a shithole, lol.

I've heard Paris is dirty.

Paris is filthy.

It literally stinks. I've been a couple times.

The Japanese actually have a mental illness named for the trauma of going to Paris after seeing it in the story books and movies and then experiencing the true horror of what is essentially a city wide garbage dump. 'Paris Syndrome' it's called.

This post was edited by Scaly on Jan 15 2018 12:25pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1232425262734Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll