d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Official New York Mets Thread > #lgm
Prev1222324252633Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73.65
Jun 19 2018 09:32pm
This is not a joke.

In 57 innings, Vargas and Robles have surrendered 18 home runs.

Goodnight. I pray it rains out so we can start over but that would be asking for too much.

AJ Ramos will have surgery tomorrow for a torn labrum in his shoulder.

I feel bad. But what an awful trade...

Drew Smith is still in the minors while someone like Robles gets drooled on by SA.. does he know something about him? I don't get it.

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Jun 19 2018 09:38pm
Gold: 7,525.35
Jun 19 2018 11:27pm
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ Jun 19 2018 11:08pm)
I swear to fucking God if you don't bench Vargas and stop giving him starts I will seriously lose my mind. How many chances has this guy been given? And wtf is Mickey doing? You gonna take out Vargas, then swap him for Robles.. who proceeds to give up 2 runs..

What a joke. Mickey needs some experienced assistant coaches because this guy doesn't know wtf he's doing.

I get the frustration with Vargas, but thats exactly when you are supposed to bring in a struggling reliever. A mop up role. Nothing wrong with that decision at all.
Dont want to overwork the good guys of an already heavily taxed bullpen.

I give Vargas a break for early struggles in the first couple starts because he was injured in spring training, but its getting to be a bit much now.
He was getting somewhat settled in w/ his usual mediocre numbers over the last few starts before getting christmas tree'd tonight.
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Jun 19 2018 11:50pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ 19 Jun 2018 19:27)
I get the frustration with Vargas, but thats exactly when you are supposed to bring in a struggling reliever. A mop up role. Nothing wrong with that decision at all.

I give Vargas a break for early struggles in the first couple starts because he was injured in spring training, but its getting to be a bit much now.
He was getting somewhat settled in w/ his usual mediocre numbers over the last few starts before getting christmas tree'd tonight.

The whole team can't deal with this kind of pitching going on. With only 2 pitchers on staff doing anything its a wonder anything is happening elsewhere.

I've stopped watching the terribleness of it all.
Jun 20 2018 07:02am
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jun 19 2018 11:27pm)

No after the fourth run, that is when you take out Vargas... You don't wait till they score 6 runs, have 2 men on base, and 3 mound visits...

And Robles? Really? Out of everyone you choose Robles? I'm sorry Robles CAN never handle tight fit situations like that, I think we all know he's no longer capable of being trusted in that role.

And which is why I don't understand why we let Goddell go, nor not call up Drew Smith. There are certainly better options than Robles. Like I'm sick and tired of Robles, and Vargas should be taken out of the rotation. Keep him as a lefty out of the bull pen, I don't KNOW how you can make the argument that Lugo should be in the bull pen over Vargas.

EDIT: Also just FYI, if we had limited the runs to 4-5 in the first 3-4 innings, we could've pulled out a win. At least our offense is clicking.

Quote (Culinary @ Jun 19 2018 11:50pm)
The whole team can't deal with this kind of pitching going on. With only 2 pitchers on staff doing anything its a wonder anything is happening elsewhere.

I've stopped watching the terribleness of it all.

Matz, Wheeler, and Lugo/DeGrom have done a wonderful job... Matz/Wheeler struggled early, but they are slowly coming back to form. We desperately need a healthy Thor. Vargas shouldn't be allowed in the rotation any longer.

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Jun 20 2018 07:07am
Jun 20 2018 02:25pm
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ 20 Jun 2018 03:02)
No after the fourth run, that is when you take out Vargas... You don't wait till they score 6 runs, have 2 men on base, and 3 mound visits...

And Robles? Really? Out of everyone you choose Robles? I'm sorry Robles CAN never handle tight fit situations like that, I think we all know he's no longer capable of being trusted in that role.

And which is why I don't understand why we let Goddell go, nor not call up Drew Smith. There are certainly better options than Robles. Like I'm sick and tired of Robles, and Vargas should be taken out of the rotation. Keep him as a lefty out of the bull pen, I don't KNOW how you can make the argument that Lugo should be in the bull pen over Vargas.

EDIT: Also just FYI, if we had limited the runs to 4-5 in the first 3-4 innings, we could've pulled out a win. At least our offense is clicking.

Matz, Wheeler, and Lugo/DeGrom have done a wonderful job... Matz/Wheeler struggled early, but they are slowly coming back to form. We desperately need a healthy Thor. Vargas shouldn't be allowed in the rotation any longer.

Vargas should have been a long reliever at best.
Mickey is seeing how everything goes.
Gold: 7,525.35
Jun 20 2018 03:39pm
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ Jun 20 2018 09:02am)

Of course you do. Pulling your starters extra early after they give up a few runs is bad and should try to be avoided, especially in our situation.
At some point you have to try to let them get the job done. No one complains all the times the starter settles down and gets through a few more innings.

3rd inning. Your pitcher gives up a home run putting you down 4-2, after a clean 2nd inning.
No one is on base.
You pull your starter?

Thats the no-brainer that indicates mickey doesnt know what hes doing?

He is literally the exact person you are supposed to put in when you give up 6 runs in 2+.

Managing a baseball team isn't about throwing everything you have into winning one game, especially when you are already getting killed in it.

I mostly agree with this part.
Vargas has over 200 career starts and hasnt pitched in relief in like a decade. He was signed to start. so its understandable why he is in the rotation so far.
But i agree its probably time he is bumped when thor gets back, esp if this form continues.
Jun 20 2018 03:40pm
The team is just a mess. The organization doesnt know how to run the team properly. Mickey was brought into a situation that was already fuckered up. Its the way the mets have always run.

We're one of the laughing stocks of all sports as far as how boneheaded we really are.
Jun 20 2018 04:04pm
Quote (cambovenzi @ Jun 20 2018 03:39pm)
Of course you do. Pulling your starters extra early after they give up a few runs is bad and should try to be avoided, especially in our situation.
At some point you have to try to let them get the job done. No one complains all the times the starter settles down and gets through a few more innings.

3rd inning. Your pitcher gives up a home run putting you down 4-2, after a clean 2nd inning.
No one is on base.
You pull your starter?

Thats the no-brainer that indicates mickey doesnt know what hes doing?

He is literally the exact person you are supposed to put in when you give up 6 runs in 2+.

Managing a baseball team isn't about throwing everything you have into winning one game, especially when you are already getting killed in it.

I mostly agree with this part.
Vargas has over 200 career starts and hasnt pitched in relief in like a decade. He was signed to start. so its understandable why he is in the rotation so far.
But i agree its probably time he is bumped when thor gets back, esp if this form continues.

Eh, I was just pissed, because I KNEW coming into that game Vargas was going to blow it.

Mickey has made some boneheaded plays before. This is not the first time. But I do agree, pulling Vargas would've shot his confidence even more. IF this guy has any left... Just awful display. Flat pitches, dumb locations, and some were straight down the middle... Ugh.

I will disagree your comment 1000x every time of my life, especially in a hitter friendly park like Coors, where coming back is definitely feasible. The goal is to win every game, unless it's clear that its out of realm of possibility. (Given that Eiland and Vargas must have an intimate behind the scenes relationship.)

We scored 8 runs.... I would've been okay with bringing in Robles after Vargas gives up 5 runs.. When your pitcher gives up 3 fucking back to back to back homers. That is unacceptable.

If he put Robles in after the 2nd homer, then took him out in 1-2 innings, and put in a mix of Beck/Peterson. That would've been okay, we might've staved off 1-2 extra runs, and kept it close.

Some players can handle being relief pitchers, at this point Vargas is clearly hurting the team. He either shapes up, or gets out of the rotation replaced by Lugo or even Gsellman.

Quote (Culinary @ Jun 20 2018 03:40pm)
The team is just a mess. The organization doesnt know how to run the team properly. Mickey was brought into a situation that was already fuckered up. Its the way the mets have always run.

We're one of the laughing stocks of all sports as far as how boneheaded we really are.

We brought up Chris Flexen.. I'm contemplating sending Beck, Robles, and Flexen far far far away into an island or a trapdoor where they can't get out.

Call up Drew Smith, and make sure Peterson gets extra needed reps.

Flexen has made one major league appearance for the team this season in which he threw 57 pitches in two innings while allowing seven runs (three earned), eight hits, and three walks while striking out only one batter.

He hasn’t done too great in the minor leagues this year either as he has gone 4-6 with a 5.43 ERA and 1.76 WHIP in 12 games (11 starts).

The team is currently carrying eight relievers so it is likely that one of Hansel Robles or Chris Beck will be sent down/DFA’d, given the fact both were ineffective last night.

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Jun 20 2018 04:26pm
Jul 1 2018 10:14am
Happy Bobby Bonilla day. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Gold: 27,281.00
Jul 11 2018 07:54pm
Can we please trade degrom I feel so fucking bad for this guy that he is surrounded by these losers
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev1222324252633Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll