d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Official New York Mets Thread > #lgm
Prev1234533Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Trader: Trusted
Apr 4 2018 11:42am
Quote (Greet @ 1 Apr 2018 06:12)
Hopefully the back-end guys can grow and reach their potential, if so then we have an extremely dangerous pitching staff. Also, if Matt Harvey can be 75% of what he was when he was a dominant pitcher

He pulled it together yesterday. I was proud like back in 2013 or something. 1 hit ball. I wish he could have pitched more into the game to get the win, but he was a contributing factor. Kudos to him.

Also like you said if we can have the back end of the rotation AND the bullpen to cover the rest, we'll be a dangerous team to mess with. Yoenis said it right, its the most dangerous team he's been with. I hope we take it far.

(I like your sig btw :D )
Gold: 90.00
Apr 4 2018 02:33pm
Quote (Culinary @ Apr 4 2018 01:42pm)
He pulled it together yesterday. I was proud like back in 2013 or something. 1 hit ball. I wish he could have pitched more into the game to get the win, but he was a contributing factor. Kudos to him.

Also like you said if we can have the back end of the rotation AND the bullpen to cover the rest, we'll be a dangerous team to mess with. Yoenis said it right, its the most dangerous team he's been with. I hope we take it far.

(I like your sig btw :D )

hes not gonna return to 2013 form, his explosiveness is gone. he can still be a great pitcher, but just cant overpower ppl lile he did in the past. FB velocity down from 98 to 93ish, bite on slider down a little too
Apr 4 2018 02:41pm
mets incompetent in knowing how to throw a runner out in a run down
Apr 4 2018 03:23pm
Quote (jajaja @ 4 Apr 2018 10:33)
hes not gonna return to 2013 form, his explosiveness is gone. he can still be a great pitcher, but just cant overpower ppl lile he did in the past. FB velocity down from 98 to 93ish, bite on slider down a little too

I agree but his changeup has gotten better. Honestly you dont need all speed as Bartolo Colon showed to get hitters out.

Quote (Degens @ 4 Apr 2018 10:41)
mets incompetent in knowing how to throw a runner out in a run down

Oh please. lol
Apr 4 2018 03:30pm
Quote (Culinary @ Apr 4 2018 04:23pm)
I agree but his changeup has gotten better. Honestly you dont need all speed as Bartolo Colon showed to get hitters out.

Oh please. lol

why get the runner going home when he was within arms reach of the runner going back to first? that run blew my F5 u3.5

and there were 2 outs

This post was edited by Degens on Apr 4 2018 03:30pm
Apr 4 2018 03:52pm
Quote (Degens @ 4 Apr 2018 11:30)
why get the runner going home when he was within arms reach of the runner going back to first? that run blew my F5 u3.5

and there were 2 outs

Sucks to suck. Either way, new season and whatever.

Excited about the new season for us.
Gold: 73.65
Apr 4 2018 06:07pm
No need to try to force pitchers to do too much. I like Lugo and Gsellman as multi inning relievers. Can't believe it took Terry Collins till like near post season to think this could work well..

Thor seems to be struggling against the Phillies. My dad was upset but I don't seem to find it that alarming. Spring training is spring training, where teams throw shit out and see which sticks. Thor is gonna struggle because he's still coming off that injury whether or not he's healthy. The right amount of starts and I could see him getting back to his god willing form.

Harvey seems more composed and relaxed and it shows. Even if his velocity is down, you can't always try to overpower everything.

Mets now top of NL East. Dunno how long, but as Cespdes said about this team......

We're a lot fucking better.
Apr 4 2018 06:10pm
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ 4 Apr 2018 14:07)
No need to try to force pitchers to do too much. I like Lugo and Gsellman as multi inning relievers. Can't believe it took Terry Collins till like near post season to think this could work well..

Thor seems to be struggling against the Phillies. My dad was upset but I don't seem to find it that alarming. Spring training is spring training, where teams throw shit out and see which sticks. Thor is gonna struggle because he's still coming off that injury whether or not he's healthy. The right amount of starts and I could see him getting back to his god willing form.

Harvey seems more composed and relaxed and it shows. Even if his velocity is down, you can't always try to overpower everything.

Mets now top of NL East. Dunno how long, but as Cespdes said about this team......

We're a lot fucking better.

I agree. Harvey has really composed himself all offseason and spring. Not like recent years have you heard a lot about him in his off the field antics. Its good he's getting off track.

Cespedes said this team has more talent than he's ever played with. Its saying a lot but not because he only played with the A's which isn't much but thats still saying something good.

Going in a positive direction. Lets see where we are come June.
Gold: 73.65
Apr 5 2018 02:07pm
Wow, what a great game. Our bullpen has been enormous. Now I'm just worried that since none of our starters are getting past 6 innings, (Thor only one since Opening Day,) that our bullpen will end up being burned out.

Interestingly enough, this is a method that Callaway has exhibited consistently, so we'll see if his good luck rubs off on us.
Apr 5 2018 02:08pm
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ 5 Apr 2018 10:07)
Wow, what a great game. Our bullpen has been enormous. Now I'm just worried that since none of our starters are getting past 6 innings, (Thor only one since Opening Day,) that our bullpen will end up being burned out.

Interestingly enough, this is a method that Callaway has exhibited consistently, so we'll see if his good luck rubs off on us.

Its just the start to the season. Its only April. I'm honestly happy we are where we are :)
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Prev1234533Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll