d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Official New York Mets Thread > #lgm
12333Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73.65
Jan 11 2018 09:16am
Decided to start a new thread since I couldn't find the old one.

#LGM #fucktheWilpons #selltheteam

___

We signed Jay Bruce 3/39 which is a pretty solid deal.

According to Mike Puma of the New York Post reports that the New York Mets are not looking for more bullpen help or a starting pitcher at the moment.

Makes sense. I mean I believe Zack Wheeler should be the next set up man, and I think his game translates well as a dominant reliever, plus it'll keep his career long and healthy. We also have Blevins, Ramos, Famila and Swarzak, so bullpen looks pretty set.

We desperately need a second or third basemen, although I'm okay with an infield of Smith at 1B, Flores at 2nd, and Rosario at SS. Just gotta find a competent 3rd basemen that can at least either defend or score runs. We also should get a second LOOGY, but we've seen how shit like that pans out for us lol.

All in all, if we can at least bring in a decent 3rd basemen, and Conforto can stay healthy. I'm hoping for Harvey to at least come back and put up some decent games.

Does anyone else want an R.A. Dickey reunion or is it just me?I'm confused as to why we haven't given him even a look as of yet. We need veteran leadership and someone that can eat innings up, plus people will love to see him come back. He was legendary during his time here.

-__-

I thought I bolded this thread, so I'm going to ask a mod to delete this so I can remake another one.

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Jan 11 2018 09:19am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 11 2018 03:49pm
Jay Bruce resigning was mind boggling Mets defensive outfield is going to be atrocious lol
Gold: 0.72
Jan 11 2018 06:06pm
Posting in fail thread.
Jan 11 2018 06:19pm
Quote (Bluth @ Jan 11 2018 03:49pm)
Jay Bruce resigning was mind boggling Mets defensive outfield is going to be atrocious lol

How? Gives insurance plus Bruce has been Aldersons boy toy since the beginning of time. Conforto and Cespedes can hopefully make up for Bruce's weaknesses.

Quote (SaF8 @ Jan 11 2018 06:06pm)
Posting in fail thread.

Wow. I see how it is. Just for that I'm gonna keep this thread and watch the Lakers fail and give us that top 5 pick. Ezpz.

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Jan 11 2018 06:19pm
Jan 13 2018 07:55am
Wheeler is currently fighting Mets for 400,000. He was offered 1.5 but wanted 1.9....

Selfish bitch considering this guy has been injured countless years, hasn't done shit, asked to not be traded because he wanted to stay with this core and we have nothing but accomdate his needs.. oh well.

Cespedes, Conforto and Bruce is a very nice outfield team. If they can stay healthy along with our pitchers, watch out.
Feb 10 2018 04:23pm
So we signed Todd Fraizer, which is interesting, considering the fact he has a very low batting average, but he's also relatively been healthy, and great infield defender.

Concidentally, his launch angle on baseballs are 20.2. For example, Daniel Murphy has an average of 17.2. So we'll see if he does indeed hit baseballs out of the ball park at the Mets stadium.

Well essentially it tells us that Frazier wasn’t lucky to hit for the power he does. The common narrative surrounding Frazier is that he only hit for a lot of power and home runs because he played in hitter friendly stadiums.

Well that is incorrect. Frazier hits for a lot of power because he makes hard contact. Take a look at the graph below, it’s his exit velocity per hit charted to Citi Field. You’ll notice how most of the balls hit to the deeper part of the stadium are all red. The redder the dots are, the harder the balls are hit. So please do not worry about his power decreasing just because he’s coming to Citi Field. His exit velocity would suggest he will maintain his power just fine.

Baseball Prospectus recently released their PECOTA projections for the 2018 season with the New York Mets winning 81 games after their recent signing of Todd Frazier.

The Mets finished the 2017 season with a 70-92 record. This offseason they have signed Jay Bruce, Anthony Swarzak, Todd Frazier, Adrian Gonzalez and Jose Reyes.

They also brought in a couple of key new coaching staff members with Mickey Callaway taking over for Terry Collins as manager and Dave Eiland replacing Dan Warthen as the new pitching coach.

Here is how they have the NL East shaking out:

Washington Nationals 89-73
New York Mets 81-81
Philadelphia Phillies 78-84
Atlanta Braves 76-86

Miami Marlins 66-96

I have to think the Mets may win at least 85-88 games, most likely if the starting rotation can somewhat at least get on field relatively without the 5.14 ERA we had last year. I can see us doing a little bit better.
Feb 16 2018 12:35pm
The New York Mets have signed left-handed starter Jason Vargas per Jon Heyman of Fan Rag Sports. Details of the deal have yet to be announced.

Vargas pitched the last four seasons under the tutelage of new Mets pitching coach Dave Eiland with the Kansas City Royals. He was acquired by the Mets in a 2006 trade then later dealt to the Seattle Mariners in 2008 as part of the J.J. Putz trade.

Vargas, 35, had a 4.16 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 4.67 FIP, 2.31 SO/W, led the American League with 18 wins and made his first All-Star team in 2017. The 3.8 WAR he posted last season was a career-high.

Solid signing. Forces Wheeler to finally step his game up or lose his rotation.

When asked if anyone from the Mets’ organization had spoken to him about his potential role for 2018, Wheeler simply replied, “No.” He went on to say this when asked about the Jason Vargas signing, “I’m just here to be a starting pitcher. That’s what I’ve always been and that’s what I’m going to be. When I’m healthy, I know I’m just as good as anybody out there.”

Wheeler went 3-7 with a 5.21 ERA, 5.03 FIP, 1.59 WHIP and allowed a whopping 15 home runs last season in 86.1 innings for the Mets. He’s never pitched as a reliever in the major leagues.
Mar 3 2018 05:11pm
Thor has been dominant today. 44 pitches, 3 innings, 1ER off of Bour RBI and just looks really good.

There is no doubt a healthy Thor is nothing but blessings for Mets fans.

My rotation would be

Thor
DeGrom
Harvey
Vargas
Matz

Split starts with Gsellman and Wheeler.

Lugo to AAA

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Mar 3 2018 05:11pm
Gold: 150.00
Warn: 50%
Mar 4 2018 04:38pm
No bold... pathetic
Mar 22 2018 06:13pm
Finally Montero is gone from the Mets.

He has an UCL tear, and now I feel bad he's injured, at the same time I'm breathing a sigh of relief that I no longer have to deal with him ever again.
Go Back To Baseball Topic List
12333Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll