d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile >
Poll > When Do You Start Using Sextants?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 20,052.00
Jan 5 2018 03:58pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Jan 5 2018 11:10am)
same

same x2

Well yeah, you're max level is like 14.
Gold: 30,884.00
Jan 6 2018 03:03am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Jan 5 2018 09:01am)
not much use to do that if you keep switching the maps you run

But Channel block is mostly white, not even worth to use yellow sextant now, so no need to block yellow ones.

imo, the new atlas system still sucks, if you try to farm elder, you waste so much time doing shitty low tier maps and if you try to spread to red maps, u barely even have t13-t15 to run them. And at the end, you get a shitty belt and not jewel drop.

How to give advantage to players who finished full atlas over those who only has 120/157 farming the same map over and over? Give full atlas completion player bonus quantity drop. Maybe 10-20% increased. Even with full atlas completion right now, running diversity of maps(elder farming) feels like shit sustain on map pool, because you can't block, which means you don't really want to use sextant.
Gold: 90.58
Jan 6 2018 03:29am
Quote (Lumograph090 @ Jan 5 2018 01:58pm)
Well yeah, you're max level is like 14.

:hug:

Quote (RYce @ Jan 6 2018 01:03am)
But Channel block is mostly white, not even worth to use yellow sextant now, so no need to block yellow ones.

imo, the new atlas system still sucks, if you try to farm elder, you waste so much time doing shitty low tier maps and if you try to spread to red maps, u barely even have t13-t15 to run them. And at the end, you get a shitty belt and not jewel drop.

How to give advantage to players who finished full atlas over those who only has 120/157 farming the same map over and over? Give full atlas completion player bonus quantity drop. Maybe 10-20% increased. Even with full atlas completion right now, running diversity of maps(elder farming) feels like shit sustain on map pool, because you can't block, which means you don't really want to use sextant.

orb of horizons & map atlas re-work when plz

Gold: 202.99
Jan 6 2018 07:34am
Quote (RYce @ 6 Jan 2018 12:03)

Farming sextanted maps will always be better for currency if the system stays the same. I think that's fine. It's a hell of a grind and definitely something i'm not interested in.
If someone rly wants to farm low lvl maps with some bullshit ek+lightpoachers build go for it.
I'd rather do random t15s/16s with stupid ass mods and get my (pretty average amount of) currency off of boss kills and decent rares I find cause they can actually roll something useful since its not fucking ilvl 75.
Getting high ilvl shaped/elder items made this a lot easier too since many of the bases sold for a decent amount in the start of the league.

I do agree that grinding sextanted maps is way better than high tier maps though and I would like to see a change to that. Not necessarily through a nerf to sextants but a buff to end game map drops+boss loot
Gold: 3,750.00
Jan 6 2018 07:43am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Jan 6 2018 08:34am)
Farming sextanted maps will always be better for currency if the system stays the same. I think that's fine. It's a hell of a grind and definitely something i'm not interested in.
If someone rly wants to farm low lvl maps with some bullshit ek+lightpoachers build go for it.
I'd rather do random t15s/16s with stupid ass mods and get my (pretty average amount of) currency off of boss kills and decent rares I find cause they can actually roll something useful since its not fucking ilvl 75.
Getting high ilvl shaped/elder items made this a lot easier too since many of the bases sold for a decent amount in the start of the league.

I do agree that grinding sextanted maps is way better than high tier maps though and I would like to see a change to that. Not necessarily through a nerf to sextants but a buff to end game map drops+boss loot

Only problem is, ggg caters to the filthy casuals like myself, who never reach enough currency to do sextant blocking or end game for that matter... Lol
They need to buff blood adequate so it drops gg gear........ :rofl:
Gold: 202.99
Jan 6 2018 08:29am
Quote (verynewb @ 6 Jan 2018 16:43)
Only problem is, ggg caters to the filthy casuals like myself, who never reach enough currency to do sextant blocking or end game for that matter... Lol
They need to buff blood adequate so it drops gg gear........ :rofl:

It's good that they also cater to the casuals. Casuals keep the game alive by giving visibility to poe, spending money on poe and they can often become part of the not-so-casual later playerbase later on :lol:

When poeple bitch about poe being too casual friendly (which it rly is not btw) they rly miss the big picture imo

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Jan 6 2018 08:30am
Gold: 12,347.10
Jan 6 2018 07:20pm
sextants are too expensive to use unless you're blocking and farming a profitable map.
Gold: 30,884.00
Jan 6 2018 08:28pm
Quote (SaintsTreasure @ Jan 6 2018 06:20pm)
sextants are too expensive to use unless you're blocking and farming a profitable map.

sextant maps to farm sextant, new meta
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll