d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Request To Close Topic > Button For Owners To Mods
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 310.00
Jan 3 2018 05:02pm
Im aware of these two topics (not sure if there are more of this kind)
#1 https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76825254&f=258
#2 https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=76350857&f=258

I get why/how it could be abused, if the Owner of the topic has the option to just close their topics.
Though, if there would just be a Button on your topic, where you can request your topic to be closed. Only the mods receiving this request has the ability to close the topics and they can review the topics being requested to be closed
So the Mods can decide whether the topics 'deserves' to be closed.
There could possibly be a page, after pressing the request button, where you would have to fill out a few question as to why the topic should be closed, before the request would be sent to the mods.
Wherever these requests would go, could be organized by reasons, so it would be easier for the mods to close and remove the 'more necessary' topics first.

I've seen few users Spamming their topics, with the 'locked' emoji, after their items (d2) have been sold, so the topic would be closed due to spam.
Also seen people remaking topics due to spam, flame, personal attacks etc. - for this I know you should just use the report button but sometimes the spam becomes excessive, before something is done with the topic.

Quote (Vincenzo @ Link #2)
just edit your first post once every few days with an updated ft list and when it's gone, edit the entire first post as all sold. problem solved.

This is a possibility ofc, but sometimes I am offline for few days, where I don't get the chance to edit my topics
so post #1 would remain as it is, and only chance to let people know it is closed, is via last post, which not all people always check, instead they just pm you.

Quote (Paparick @ Link #1)
Just let the topics fall off the page.

Easy enough. Though, sometimes people find weeks old topics, where post #1 is not edited as 'topic closed', and they pm you with unnecessary offers.

Another reason for this to be implanted are for very active bnp users, who also have other topics in (e.g. d2 forums).
I sometimes see users who have to remake a d2 Topic, due to their Recent Topics list is full of bnp topics - for this to be avoided, I can only imagine going through your Recent Posts or to save the d2 topic, so you can find it again.
The closed topic would have to be removed from your Recent Topics list as well (Im unaware of how long it takes before a closed topic is removed from Recent Topics), for this to be useful for bnp users, I guess

(Edit: I could see how people could massively abuse this, though with the 'Request a Mod to close it', not simply Closing it by yourself, it would reduce the abuse of this feature imo)

How I could imagine it:

Just close this poll if it surely never will be implanted <_<

This post was edited by Rudolph0851 on Jan 3 2018 05:06pm
Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 3 2018 05:16pm
Just remember it would add alot of work for the Moderators, work that is not really needed.

If the topic is full of spam --> Use the report button, if its getting extreme: Collect the links and pm it to the appropriated Staff member.
If the Trade Topic is already done --> Just let it fall down, if you receive pms just delete them or be friendly and answer them that the trade is done.

Sorry for voting negative :(

This post was edited by Herolinda on Jan 3 2018 05:18pm
Jan 3 2018 05:30pm
Quote (Herolinda @ Jan 4 2018 12:16am)
Just remember it would add alot of work for the Moderators, work that is not really needed.

If the topic is full of spam --> Use the report button, if its getting extreme: Collect the links and pm it to the appropriated Staff members.
If the Trade Topic is already done --> Just let it fall down, if you receive pms just delete them or be friendly and answer them that the trade is done.

Sorry for voting negative :(

Yes, the amount of work it would add would probably be extreme

Though users who spent a lot of time in specially bnp forums, where they create many topics during one day, could imo have a huge benefit of this
Perhaps it could only be implanted there?
Sometimes I have to find a specific topic from an user, tho all I see is bnp topics. I now see it could be resolved by a pm, though still ^^, sometimes they can’t even find it
Retired Moderator
Gold: 100.00
Jan 3 2018 05:31pm
Quote (Rudolph0851 @ 4 Jan 2018 00:30)
Yes, the amount of work it would add would probably be extreme

Though users who spent a lot of time in specially bnp forums, where they create many topics during one day, could imo have a huge benefit of this
Perhaps it could only be implanted there?
Sometimes I have to find a specific topic from an user, tho all I see is bnp topics. I now see it could be resolved by a pm, though still ^^, sometimes they can’t even find it

Just keep in mind that Bnp is actually not supported at all, so its really unrealistic to be added only for that section
Retired Moderator
Gold: 95.00
Jan 5 2018 02:42pm
I've seen this suggested and denied in the past many times.
I can pretty much give you a 99.9999% guarantee that something like this will not happen.

Not only due to the amount of extra work that is created for moderators, but also the potential room for members to abuse it.
You said there should be a form filled out before the report gets sent to mods? An alright idea, but let's really think about it for a second..
If someone is determined enough to be annoying with this feature there could be 5 forms to fill out and they will still submit fake reports just to flood the queue.
Even disabling this feature for members who abuse it still creates work for mods because someone would have to manually go in and disable it for each offending member.
They already have to do this for members who decide to abuse the regular report feature.

Do you see how flawed this idea is now? :p
Just let your topics die off if you are done using them, simple!

Also, as Lot pointed out, the bnp forum is not officially supported by d2jsp.
Since this feature would heavily rely on the attention of the moderating team, I do not see this happening for that forum alone.

I am going to have to vote no, sorry. :(
Jan 5 2018 02:46pm
Quote (Phyerox @ Jan 5 2018 09:42pm)
I've seen this suggested and denied in the past many times.
I can pretty much give you a 99.9999% guarantee that something like this will not happen.

Not only due to the amount of extra work that is created for moderators, but also the potential room for members to abuse it.
You said there should be a form filled out before the report gets sent to mods? An alright idea, but let's really think about it for a second..
If someone is determined enough to be annoying with this feature there could be 5 forms to fill out and they will still submit fake reports just to flood the queue.
Even disabling this feature for members who abuse it still creates work for mods because someone would have to manually go in and disable it for each offending member.
They already have to do this for members who decide to abuse the regular report feature.

Do you see how flawed this idea is now? :p
Just let your topics die off if you are done using them, simple!

Also, as Lot pointed out, the bnp forum is not officially supported by d2jsp.
Since this feature would heavily rely on the attention of the moderating team, I do not see this happening for that forum alone.

I am going to have to vote no, sorry. :(

Thanks for replying!
Yea... I do see the extra work put into it ^^
Still 50/50 on votes tho :P
Tho just close this if it will surely never happen ^^
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,925.00
Jan 5 2018 03:47pm
Quote (Rudolph0851 @ Jan 3 2018 07:02pm)
Though, if there would just be a Button on your topic [...] So the Mods can decide whether the topics 'deserves' to be closed.

This is exactly how the report system works and everything is fine with it.

This isn't needed.
Gold: 68.00
Jan 5 2018 04:04pm
There is already a system in place for threads that need closed.
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll