d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Which Is Better For Sunder?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 453.00
Jan 3 2018 05:09am
Quote (Cenderze @ 3 Jan 2018 11:28)
Haha I dont. I use a 400pdps siege axe in main hand and prismatic eclipse. Also using heamophillia (spelling?) gloves. Transitioning to ele conversion off hand I guess Ill replace fire golem with attack speed golem to compensate some for replacing my prismatic eclipse.

Thinking of replacing haemophilia gloves with some gripped gloves with attack speed. Im using cwdt enfeeble and immortal call. Will try to run some maps without Arctic armour and perhaps with an alphas howl and hoa hatred and Arctic armour If it seems I need AA.

Doing 30k dps as level 88 which seems really low when others have 450k+ using soul taker and stuff so I need to revise some tree as well. Soon level 20 gems so I can upgrade them to 20 quality and stuff.

Thanks for help though!

@OP I see many people using damage at full life as 6th link which seems good. I Think I Will do that once I get a 6L

why gripped gloves? is sunder a projectile?
Gold: 15,396.28
Jan 3 2018 06:16am
Quote (Korial @ Jan 3 2018 11:09am)
why gripped gloves? is sunder a projectile?

Oh I meant spiked gloves. Got shit tier memory <_<
Gold: 1,646.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 3 2018 06:24am
Damage at full life isn't a good option if you are planning on using Blood Rage.

I have to admit I never thought of using an off-hand weapon with those new stats. I'll have to take a look at them and see how it affects my DPS.

I think I'll try swapping:

• Prismatic Eclipse to a phys dmg added as % elemental damage weapon
  • Brutality to Faster Attacks to regain the lost attack speed
  • Hatred + HoA instead of HoA + AA + Blasphemy - Vulnerability

Will have to think of a way to apply curse to the enemies. Any good ideas?

Vulnerability might be changed to Punishment, as it would also increase the elemental output converted from physical. Or are there any other good options?
Gold: 453.00
Jan 3 2018 07:04am
Quote (peterpants @ 3 Jan 2018 13:24)
Damage at full life isn't a good option if you are planning on using Blood Rage.

I have to admit I never thought of using an off-hand weapon with those new stats. I'll have to take a look at them and see how it affects my DPS.

Vulnerability might be changed to Punishment, as it would also increase the elemental output converted from physical. Or are there any other good options?

punishment sucks dick as it requires you to get hit

elemental weakness on hit (corruption on gloves) or maybe some curse on a shaped ring on hit
or no curse at all
Gold: 202.99
Jan 3 2018 07:48am
Curses are overrated. Trash dies in a few hits anyway and bosses/guardians/shaper have a lot of reduced curse effectiveness so they don't help much at all.
Assassins mark/poachers mark/wlords mark are good because of the quality of life bonuses but against something like guardians/shaper an assassins mark+blasphemy gives like 2-3% more damage and wlords leech is cut to almost nothing etc.

Something like orb of storms+curse on hit+curse can be somewhat useful if you have empty links or cwdt-wlords mark since it doesen't rly need lvls to be effective.
Curse on hit gloves are good cause you just simply get a free curse but they rly aren't worth spending lots of currency in imo. Same goes for the curse on hit rings (expect maybe spell casters with wlords mark on hit which is super useful for them)

Quote (peterpants @ 3 Jan 2018 15:24)

Do not use faster attacks. It's a shit support gem for damage. Just get a fast weapon and attack speed on jewels/passives/gear.
Best dmg links would most likely be Sunder+melee phys++multistrike+ele dmg with attacks+conc effect+maim/dmg on full life

a 20/20 blood rage and quality multistrike are important. Vaal haste can be useful too and dont forget ancestral protector

e/ I would probably go as far as to use a single link frenzy to keep up frenzies in longer boss fights assuming you are not playing raider/ascendant

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Jan 3 2018 07:53am
Gold: 1.93
Jan 3 2018 04:18pm
Quote (peterpants @ Jan 3 2018 11:24pm)

I use herald of ice linked to curse on hit with enfeeble.
Jan 3 2018 07:31pm
Quote (peterpants @ Jan 3 2018 12:24pm)

What ascendancy are you? I tend to be at full health all day err day with bloodrage as a Slayer.

I tested to swap out my 3G eclipse to a 51 % phys to element and sunder tooltip shows the same dps. Is this plausible?
Gold: 1,646.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 4 2018 04:27am
Quote (Plaguefear @ 4 Jan 2018 00:18)
I use herald of ice linked to curse on hit with enfeeble.

Not using HoA, then?

Quote (Cenderze @ 4 Jan 2018 03:31)
What ascendancy are you? I tend to be at full health all day err day with bloodrage as a Slayer.

I tested to swap out my 3G eclipse to a 51 % phys to element and sunder tooltip shows the same dps. Is this plausible?

I'm Slayer, with the four upper nodes taken (Bane of Legends, Headsman, Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour).

I couldn't test the damage with the new phys to element damage, as Path of Building doesn't seem to support them? Or am I just failing at something?
Gold: 202.99
Jan 4 2018 04:50am
Quote (Cenderze @ 4 Jan 2018 04:31)

Do not trust your tooltip dps in poe. Ever
I suggest you try out path of building instead

Quote (peterpants @ 4 Jan 2018 13:27)
Not using HoA, then?

I'm Slayer, with the four upper nodes taken (Bane of Legends, Headsman, Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour).

I couldn't test the damage with the new phys to element damage, as Path of Building doesn't seem to support them? Or am I just failing at something?

Hoi allows you to use curse on hit but it's less dmg. Hoa doesen't actually hit so cant support curse on hit.

If you are slayer dmg on full life is your best 6th link.

PoB doesn't support the "xx% of phys dmg as extra damage of a random element".
However you can change this by editing the item and just changing the wording to "xx% of phys as extra *insert the ele type you want so --> cold/fire/light*"
Assuming you don't have any ele penetration to a single element that is.

For example here is my current build in pob https://pastebin.com/2gaFt3e1
The sceptre I use actually has 29% phys dmg as random element, but I changed it to cold damage so that I can see the proper dmg.

e/ there is check for update button in the bottom left corner in pob btw, check out that you got the new version since the old ones didnt support even the regular "phys as extra ele mods"

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Jan 4 2018 05:00am
Jan 4 2018 05:02am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Jan 4 2018 10:50am)
Do not trust your tooltip dps in poe. Ever
I suggest you try out path of building instead

Thanks for info. I thought PoB used the same algorithms to calculate dps as the ones used in game and that the main strength of PoB was the possibility to calculate dps with gear you didnt have and being able to respec without using regrets etc.

Good tip with phys as random element as well
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll