d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Which Is Better For Sunder?
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 36,960.00
Jan 2 2018 06:08am
I don’t really see people using brutality for sunder. Many use added fire dmg + Ming’s heart for elemental and chaos dmg.

However, the % seems similar. Brutality adds 60% physical and added fire dmg and Ming adds a total of about 60% ele and chaos dmg.

Can any pros please advice me on the difference?
Gold: 231,355.00
Jan 2 2018 06:31am
Hatred/hoa??
Gold: 40,610.50
Jan 2 2018 06:32am
Quote (Commm @ Jan 2 2018 03:31pm)
Hatred/hoa??

this
Gold: 12,347.10
Jan 2 2018 07:19am
Stay away from brutality this league. Aside from hatred/HOA there is also the offhand stat stick for sunder. Princess gives 30% added and a shaper offhand can potentially give up to 110% added as ele
Gold: 1,646.00
Trader: Trusted
Jan 2 2018 09:28am
I'm using rare one-handed axe with Prismatic Eclipse in off-hand. Links are Sunder - Multistrike - Melee phys - Brutality - Conc - Ruthless.

DPS with different setups:
Brutality: 409k
Added fire: 360k
Added fire + Atziri's Promise: 403k

Against bosses:
Brutality: 345k
Added fire: 288k
Added fire + Atziri's Promise: 326k

I don't know how correct the numbers in Path of Building are, but seems like Brutality is the best of these options (for me at least).
I'm also using Herald of Ash for trash clearing (the overkill damage still works normally with Brutality), and instead of Hatred I'm using Vulnerability - Blasphemy. Swapping it with Hatred would mean I have to take Arctic Armour off as well. Not worth it IMO, even if it brings a bit more DPS.

Quote (Commm @ 2 Jan 2018 14:31)
Hatred/hoa??

The 50% mana reserved by Hatred can be used for something else, like Vulnerability and Arctic Armour in my case.

Quote (SaintsTreasure @ 2 Jan 2018 15:19)
Stay away from brutality this league. Aside from hatred/HOA there is also the offhand stat stick for sunder. Princess gives 30% added and a shaper offhand can potentially give up to 110% added as ele

In my setup Princess (+HoA + Atziri's Promise) gives around the same DPS as Brutality (2k less against normal monsters). A good rare shaper off-hand with 30+% of phys added as elemental damage would increase DPS.
But what effects the DPS given by elemental damage is "added elemental damage with attacks" in rings and amulet, that I don't have at the moment. They would increase DPS for quite a bit.

TL;DR:
Overall the tooltip DPS isn't the only thing to look for. Monsters usually have more resistances than physical damage reduction, and not often do people invest in elemental penetration unless mostly doing single element damage. Giving up the 50% mana reservation of Hatred allows you to use other auras instead.
I see Brutality as a good option, but elemental damage can give more DPS with correct gear.
Gold: 202.99
Jan 2 2018 09:59am
Brutality will always be worse if you have proper gear.

Something like hoa+hatred+shaped stat stick will be superior in dmg everytime compared to brutality. For maximum dps a shroud of the lightless might end up being best in slot since you end up doing so much ele dmg.

I'm playing reave/blade flurry but the way they scale is pretty much identical to sunder.
I end up with 800k conc effect reave (1,1mil with abyssus) and 1,5m blade flurry (2,1m with abyssus) with a similar setup to the one mentioned above.

Triple balance a wise oak/get toh and you get even more dps (i'm running a basalt instead).

Also flat phys ends up being superior to ele dmg whith attacks rolls most of the time (unless you got like +35% wed rolls)

e/ you can get a decent off-hand for pretty cheap http://poe.trade/search/ahatanazutakan

Or you could try alt spamming your own by buying a ilvl80+ shaped sceptre for a few chaos.

e// i'm talking shaper dps btw

This post was edited by pypyjyys on Jan 2 2018 10:08am
Gold: 15,396.28
Jan 2 2018 06:47pm
Quote (pypyjyys @ Jan 2 2018 03:59pm)
Brutality will always be worse if you have proper gear.

Something like hoa+hatred+shaped stat stick will be superior in dmg everytime compared to brutality. For maximum dps a shroud of the lightless might end up being best in slot since you end up doing so much ele dmg.

I'm playing reave/blade flurry but the way they scale is pretty much identical to sunder.
I end up with 800k conc effect reave (1,1mil with abyssus) and 1,5m blade flurry (2,1m with abyssus) with a similar setup to the one mentioned above.

Triple balance a wise oak/get toh and you get even more dps (i'm running a basalt instead).

Also flat phys ends up being superior to ele dmg whith attacks rolls most of the time (unless you got like +35% wed rolls)

e/ you can get a decent off-hand for pretty cheap http://poe.trade/search/ahatanazutakan

Or you could try alt spamming your own by buying a ilvl80+ shaped sceptre for a few chaos.

e// i'm talking shaper dps btw

Are you using soul taker or no arctic armour?

I got a 33 % phys to fire and 18 % phys to random stat stick. Currently using hatred and arctic armour.
Gold: 202.99
Jan 2 2018 06:55pm
Quote (Cenderze @ 3 Jan 2018 03:47)
Are you using soul taker or no arctic armour?

I got a 33 % phys to fire and 18 % phys to random stat stick. Currently using hatred and arctic armour.

No arctic armor. 6,2k life+40% evasion+basalt+lions roar+fortify is enough survivability for me.
I got temp chains on hit gloves though but cwdt+warlords mark with immortal call is a pretty good defensive setup as well (especially for abyss)
Guess you could grab a reduced mana reserved enchant/passives for AA if you rly wanted to.

also lul, does someone actually still use a soul taker :P
Gold: 1.93
Jan 2 2018 07:05pm
Rarity: Rare
Victory Weaver
Void Sceptre
--------
One Handed Mace
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 110-166 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 2-59 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.20%
Attacks per Second: 1.25
Weapon Range: 9
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Str: 121
Int: 122
--------
Sockets: R-R-R
--------
Item Level: 83
--------
40% increased Elemental Damage
--------
99% increased Physical Damage
Adds 2 to 59 Lightning Damage
Gain 35% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
+81 to Accuracy Rating
Gain 30% of Physical Damage as Extra Damage of a random Element
+24% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Shaper Item

I use this for blade flurry, find a good base for sunder offhand without the crit and you are in business.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Jan 2 2018 07:05pm
Gold: 15,396.28
Jan 3 2018 04:28am
Quote (pypyjyys @ Jan 3 2018 12:55am)
No arctic armor. 6,2k life+40% evasion+basalt+lions roar+fortify is enough survivability for me.
I got temp chains on hit gloves though but cwdt+warlords mark with immortal call is a pretty good defensive setup as well (especially for abyss)
Guess you could grab a reduced mana reserved enchant/passives for AA if you rly wanted to.

also lul, does someone actually still use a soul taker :P

Haha I dont. I use a 400pdps siege axe in main hand and prismatic eclipse. Also using heamophillia (spelling?) gloves. Transitioning to ele conversion off hand I guess Ill replace fire golem with attack speed golem to compensate some for replacing my prismatic eclipse.

Thinking of replacing haemophilia gloves with some gripped gloves with attack speed. Im using cwdt enfeeble and immortal call. Will try to run some maps without Arctic armour and perhaps with an alphas howl and hoa hatred and Arctic armour If it seems I need AA.

Doing 30k dps as level 88 which seems really low when others have 450k+ using soul taker and stuff so I need to revise some tree as well. Soon level 20 gems so I can upgrade them to 20 quality and stuff.

Thanks for help though!

@OP I see many people using damage at full life as 6th link which seems good. I Think I Will do that once I get a 6L

This post was edited by Cenderze on Jan 3 2018 04:51am
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll