d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > A Plea To Managment! > Calling All Slashers
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 5,253.17
Dec 27 2017 10:38am
Hello Slashers,

I realize that we, as a community, often feel that our cries fall on deaf ears.
There have been few causes for optimism in the recent months / years.

These events have been a positive change, and whether they were put in place to turn down the volume on complaints or out of a genuine desire to improve gameplay... I don't know.

What I do know, is that this most recent event, (which was very graciously extended an additional week!) has made for probably my most enjoyable slashing experience since the Arena was nixed.

I've done 10-12 solo explore climbs during this event, and while I have not found anything exceptional, the drop rates are noticeably improved and actually give a player a reason to hope for drops.
Additionally, I have been able to find numerous higher level transmutable which has allowed me to generate some small measure of income, and I'm sure this has also given a nice boost to those who have invested so much time and FG in transmuting.

With this event on I've recouped nearly 250fg of the 500 a month I spend on vault fees.
The game still isn't what I would call profitable, but this is an enormous difference from the roughly 40-50 fg per month I was able to scrape up in the past.

I believe that something as simple as making these event effects permanent would be a big step in reviving this game.
I've seen slashing activity on HC jump dramatically, and everyone I've spoken to has expressed a great appreciation for the current event effects.

Who knows if this poll will be read by the powers that be, or if any action will come of it... But please vote anyway!
Gold: Locked
Dec 27 2017 11:01am
This event may be fun... but if you look a little deeper, is distroying profs like fishing and glyph who become useless... so I doubt it can be permanent.
For you to make some fg, others have to spend it. The event will never pay you, other ppl do :)

this events must do something else to attract skillers: more prof points for example
Dec 27 2017 11:06am
Quote (obob_ro @ Dec 27 2017 09:01am)
This event may be fun... but if you look a little deeper, is distroying profs like fishing and glyph who become useless... so I doubt it can be permanent.
For you to make some fg, others have to spend it. The event will never pay you, other ppl do :)

this events must do something else to attract skillers: more prof points for example

I've used more fish during this event than I have in the last 6-9 months. Ask Dante from Silence :D I just bought 2 more stacks.
Glyphs would be equally useful. More people exploring = more demand for items that keep you safe (fish) and make killing eps easier (glyphs).

Edit: I've also found some useful rods, and plenty of glyph food!

I could see the arguement for transmuting taking a hit. faster mutes does not equal more exp, just means you go through the muteables faster.
But at the same time, the drop rate increase means more mute food available, so even there the impact isn't as much.

Of course other people pay me :)
I need to find items that other people want first though, and this event has given me some excitement in actually looking at drops because there is actually a chance something nice will pop up.

This post was edited by ItsLotd on Dec 27 2017 11:07am
Gold: Locked
Dec 27 2017 11:09am
Quote (ItsLotd @ 27 Dec 2017 18:06)
I've used more fish during this event than I have in the last 6-9 months. Ask Dante from Silence :D I just bought 2 more stacks.
Glyphs would be equally useful. More people exploring = more demand for items that keep you safe (fish) and make killing eps easier (glyphs).

Edit: I've also found some useful rods, and plenty of glyph food!

I could see the arguement for transmuting taking a hit. faster mutes does not equal more exp, just means you go through the muteables faster.
But at the same time, the drop rate increase means more mute food available, so even there the impact isn't as much.

Of course other people pay me :)
I need to find items that other people want first though, and this event has given me some excitement in actually looking at drops because there is actually a chance something nice will pop up.

why to use fish when you can restore full life with 2.5 t1 items
Gold: 76,556.91
Dec 27 2017 11:14am
I drop, stat, EP, and difficulty would all be cool as a permanent boost... but I agree the others wouldn't be fair to the other skills.

This would just be a bandaid. We need a real update
Dec 27 2017 11:16am
Quote (obob_ro @ Dec 27 2017 09:09am)
why to use fish when you can restore full life with 2.5 t1 items

3 mob EPs @ high lvls
I've got great heals but they're wild heals and don't usually keep up with the damage dealt.
So I use fish until the first mob is dead, then usually switch to heals after that.

And there's always going to be the mirror mazes where fish are absolutely necessary.

But really... Just take a bit longer view of things...

Skillers are reliant on a customer base.

Muters need mute food and players to buy gear that they mute.
Fishers need rods and players to buy fish they catch / cook
Glyphers need good base glyph items and they need players to buy their glyphs

If you're talking about skillers who are looking to profit from the skills they've invested time in... Well long term the answer is more players.
Players won't start (or come back to) LS if they can't generate FG from the game as beginners. Skillable item drops are the best way to generate income for a beginner.

Really when I'm talking about making the event effects permanent I'm looking most at the drop rates and to a lesser extent the EP spawns... But I do love the shrines as well. I do believe that is a bit OP. A happy medium may be 1/2 or 1/4th the current shrine effect.
Gold: 56.96
Trader: Trusted
Dec 27 2017 11:27am
I personally think the events being kind of random are more exciting...kind of never know what you're gonna get.

I would like to see the natural drop rate increased a bit though, as it has been so bad for so long that most people have given up on the game completely.

The big appeal to this game at one point was it was a good way to make fg, drops are so few and far in between that it's not even worth playing for that anymore.
Gold: 31,200.10
Dec 27 2017 12:00pm
good for soloing but i like the mix up.

A poor event will make ones like these a little more special.

I cant ignore the extra exp for speed climbs either.
Gold: 139.17
Warn: 30%
Dec 27 2017 12:04pm
I think there a lot of effects that need to change permanently

Shrine's effectiveness should be slightly buffed from it's base value. You have to shrine 4-10 items to get a full regen in higher levels.

What makes the game exciting is the possiblity of getting a decent drop. The drop rate should be better than it currently is with its current player base.

An in-game tutorial would help the game grow as well. At least 5-10 new people log in to play every day (probably a lot more). They can't figure out how to summon monsters or drive in the catacombs, albeit very simple, they quit and never come back. More people would come to play if they had some direction.
Gold: 431,940.99
Dec 27 2017 12:59pm
i can live without any events, that events are like cheats, i like the old style more. my opinion :)
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll