d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Question About The Brain
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 46,226.33
Dec 11 2017 05:47pm
So when I look at things, I make a general assessment of what the thing is, and often times I find that I am wrong.

What I'm wondering though is me/my brain makes whatever I initially see into reality.
Until a few seconds later where I really understand what this object/contraption actually is.

I am not religious nor believe in things like spirits, demons, etc.
But unfortunately I can say I can see my interpretation of these things.

I see whatever I initially think I see until I have time to process what it really is.
This is often extremely frightening me and becomes my reality until I am able to digest the situation / understand that what I am seeing is wrong.
After a few minutes I feel silly and play it off as I was just being stupid.

This has been happening a majority of my life, so I can rationalize it and move on with my life knowing I'm seeing my own augmented reality.
Was wondering if this is maybe a minor schizo, another type of mental illness, or if it's something that commonly happens to others.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 11 2017 06:24pm
sounds like something you should talk to your doctor about..good luck
Gold: 1,260.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 11 2017 07:35pm
Doctor up
Gold: 6.66
Warn: 10%
Dec 11 2017 08:20pm
Quote (The_Chosen @ 12 Dec 2017 02:47)
So when I look at things, I make a general assessment of what the thing is, and often times I find that I am wrong.

What I'm wondering though is me/my brain makes whatever I initially see into reality.
Until a few seconds later where I really understand what this object/contraption actually is.

I am not religious nor believe in things like spirits, demons, etc.
But unfortunately I can say I can see my interpretation of these things.

I see whatever I initially think I see until I have time to process what it really is.
This is often extremely frightening me and becomes my reality until I am able to digest the situation / understand that what I am seeing is wrong.
After a few minutes I feel silly and play it off as I was just being stupid.

This has been happening a majority of my life, so I can rationalize it and move on with my life knowing I'm seeing my own augmented reality.
Was wondering if this is maybe a minor schizo, another type of mental illness, or if it's something that commonly happens to others.

Post here only if you need help... Oh
Gold: 222.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 11 2017 11:18pm
Sounds like a type of mental illness. I suggest seeing a doctor to get a diagnosis. When you speak with your doctor, explain everything as you have here. This sounds like an anxiety issue to me.
Gold: 5,037.00
Dec 11 2017 11:55pm
Edit

This post was edited by otep1 on Dec 11 2017 11:58pm
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic