d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Creating Private Threads > Is It Possible?
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 826.00
Dec 11 2017 01:42pm
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but is it possible for me to create a private thread that only 8 people can see and post in to organize and prepare for ladder reset? I am not part of a Guild and haven't used d2jsp in about 5 years so I'm a little rusty at using this site's features. :bonk:

Thanks in advance!
Gold: 0.00
Dec 11 2017 01:46pm
No, however you could create an Event, or a Blog and go from there.

Good Luck Sir!

This post was edited by Stories on Dec 11 2017 01:46pm
Gold: 957.01
Dec 11 2017 02:37pm
I Suggest an Event like Stories mentioned

Here's what I did:
Create an Event and use the current day/time or like 5 minutes from now.
Example format: December 11 2017 12:00pm

For your title and description just put something random (because it can still be viewed by anyone at this point) I put "test"

Make sure you set it to anyone can join and check the require approval box ( private means only for you)

Once that is set, wait for the time to expire.
The reason for this: if you go to view all events and the event has not passed, it will be publicly available for everyone to see
http://forums.d2jsp.org/events.php?a=2
Make sure you no longer see your event in that list, then you can start linking the people you want to your event and start your private conversation there.
I'm not sure about timeframe but i think within an hour after it expires it will be removed from the list
At that point you can edit your title/description properly now that no one else can see it.

The only downside I've found in this method is that all users can edit/delete their posts at anytime and it won't show any history of it. So if discussions get heated and people try to respond/quote each other it could get messy lol
Gold: 826.00
Dec 11 2017 05:03pm
Quote (Freeker @ Dec 11 2017 02:37pm)
I Suggest an Event like Stories mentioned

Here's what I did:
Create an Event and use the current day/time or like 5 minutes from now.
Example format: December 11 2017 12:00pm

For your title and description just put something random (because it can still be viewed by anyone at this point) I put "test"

Make sure you set it to anyone can join and check the require approval box ( private means only for you)

Once that is set, wait for the time to expire.
The reason for this: if you go to view all events and the event has not passed, it will be publicly available for everyone to see
http://forums.d2jsp.org/events.php?a=2
Make sure you no longer see your event in that list, then you can start linking the people you want to your event and start your private conversation there.
I'm not sure about timeframe but i think within an hour after it expires it will be removed from the list
At that point you can edit your title/description properly now that no one else can see it.

The only downside I've found in this method is that all users can edit/delete their posts at anytime and it won't show any history of it. So if discussions get heated and people try to respond/quote each other it could get messy lol

Thank you, sir! Worked perfect. :)
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic