d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Do I Have A Right To Be Upset? > Disclaimer: I’m Ready For The Spam
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,975.00
Dec 3 2017 06:21pm
My wife and I made plans to go have to this place tonight which I’ve been wanting to go to for about 3 months we keep putting off after I just reffed 18 games this weekend on my days off as a relaxer. She just hits me with actually we can do that but after I want to setup the Xmas tree with our daughter.

I’m upset and idk if I have the right to be. I told her we had plans to do that next weekend as a family day and I don’t really want to drink them do that so never mind let’s just set up the tree instead. I told her I’m not mad about setting up the tree as I love doing stuff with my daughter but I’m mad that after I spent 18 hours reffing on my days off for extra money for us and we had plans to relax she pretty much throws that on the dirt.

Am I just being a petty bitch or do I have a right to be upset?
Gold: 28,296.69
Dec 3 2017 11:02pm
You feel how you feel and that's alright

Just communicate how you feel and try to not let it escalate

It's OK to be emotionally invested and you're not wrong it's just how you feel
Gold: 7,030.00
Dec 4 2017 08:09pm
I work as a counselor. The most important aspect in any relationship is communication.

Second, how you feel is not up to you. What you do with how you feel is what is important.

During communication it is important to use I-Statements.

Here is an outline on how to use I-Statements.

I feel ____________

When____________

Because ____________

I'd appreciate it if ________________

DO NOT point the finger at her. The best thing you can do is express how you feel. She can't get mad at you for that.

PM me if you have any questions regarding the I-statement model.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 6 2017 12:09pm
Quote (soldier999 @ Dec 4 2017 09:09pm)
I work as a counselor. The most important aspect in any relationship is communication.

Second, how you feel is not up to you. What you do with how you feel is what is important.

During communication it is important to use I-Statements.

Here is an outline on how to use I-Statements.

I feel ____________

When____________

Because ____________

I'd appreciate it if ________________

DO NOT point the finger at her. The best thing you can do is express how you feel. She can't get mad at you for that.

PM me if you have any questions regarding the I-statement model.

This works legit. But yeah her bailing last minute is kinda douchey, if you were to do the same to her what would her reaction be? And you totally have the right to feel upset/ mad / bummed etc.
Gold: 106.01
Dec 6 2017 03:09pm
You are being a petty bitch

However, doesn't mean you can't be upset, you had certain expectations that weren't met and are understandably disappointed from that perspective

What's more important than you getting upset about it is what's been posted already, communicating what frustrated you about how the situation was handled so hopefully there can be some compromise, understanding, and hopefully less of these episodes in the future

Welcome to marriage
Gold: 1,495.80
Dec 6 2017 07:10pm
Quote (Xx Shin3d0wn xX @ Dec 3 2017 07:21pm)
My wife and I made plans to go have to this place tonight which I’ve been wanting to go to for about 3 months we keep putting off after I just reffed 18 games this weekend on my days off as a relaxer. She just hits me with actually we can do that but after I want to setup the Xmas tree with our daughter.

I’m upset and idk if I have the right to be. I told her we had plans to do that next weekend as a family day and I don’t really want to drink them do that so never mind let’s just set up the tree instead. I told her I’m not mad about setting up the tree as I love doing stuff with my daughter but I’m mad that after I spent 18 hours reffing on my days off for extra money for us and we had plans to relax she pretty much throws that on the dirt.

Ok let me try to recap.

Made plans to go somewhere
She changes plan to setting up Xmas tree with daughter before going
That makes you angry

Correct?

If so you need to tell her to man the fuck up and honor her contract to go with you. Then you can put the tree up later
Gold: 156,356.68
Jan 5 2018 05:49pm
Quote (Xx Shin3d0wn xX @ Dec 3 2017 06:21pm)

She sounds very inconsiderate, and for that I am sorry..
She puts her values before yours it seems.
Gold: 1,281.69
Jan 5 2018 10:29pm
you are but not for being annoyed, you're a bitch for letting your wife keep fucking with your plans and not putting your foot down
Gold: 16.00
Mar 11 2018 09:21pm
Sir, wtf.

I can sum up all your problem with this one sentence:

"I’m upset and idk if I have the right to be."

You are saying that you are feeling ANGER and you don't know if you have the RIGHT to feel that?????

Look down and grab your balls, make sure they are still there.

Still there?

Now tell your woman, "We will do X and that is final"

If you are angry, then yell it at her... do not apologize.

She will fuck you harder than she has ever fucked you.

Gold: 191.00
Mar 13 2018 01:48pm
As my counselor uses to tell me and the mother of my kids don't sweat the small stuff. It's all small stuff
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll