d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Richard Cordray's Political Stunt
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9.87
Nov 27 2017 01:03pm
These people should have been replaced already.
Gold: 22,189.49
Nov 27 2017 02:14pm
The text of the law and precedent pretty clearly shows the president has the authority to appoint temporary heads under the FVRA even if an alternative succession clause exists in the agency.
Not sure what Corbray hopes to accomplish
Gold: 2,617.52
Nov 27 2017 02:45pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Nov 27 2017 11:22am)
yeah, what i have in my very news;

"Trump is targeting the Dodd-Frank Act, a set of laws introduced in 2010 in the wake of the financial crisis by Barack Obama."
&
"the CFPB is one of the entity that has worked best. It has provided essential protection to the weakest Americans."

=> fuck the poors, marechal trump 2024

Fun to see Democrats lying through their teeth on this one. Its pretty cut and dry fortunately. Trump has the final authority here unless a rando court decides to practice judicial activism
Gold: 17,384.69
Nov 27 2017 02:56pm
Quote (murder567 @ 27 Nov 2017 16:56)
I am all for consumer protection but the CFPB blatantly violates the laws of the land.
1 - Not accountable to Congress or Executive Branch
2 - Not funded by Congressional budget
If it was accountable and budgeted as required by law then I think it might have a place in the government..

So "blatant" that it was existing since 6.5 years...
Your politics are sellouts and Trump & several heads in your "white house" are billionaires...
Everything seems fine. General Trump 2024 btw desserve it
Gold: 3,260.00
Nov 27 2017 04:08pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Nov 27 2017 03:56pm)
So "blatant" that it was existing since 6.5 years...
Your politics are sellouts and Trump & several heads in your "white house" are billionaires...
Everything seems fine. General Trump 2024 btw desserve it

It is illegal for Congress to create an agency and appropriate it money directly from the FED in perpetuity.

That it has existed for 6.5 years (which I guess you consider a long time?) has no bearing on the argument against it.

As I have said before, I am all for consumer protection - but not at the cost of the Constitution and preceding laws.

I'm not some Trump lunatic so I don't really know where you're going with this. He was one of, if not the, worst candidate on the GOP stage. More than 75% of the stuff he says is nonsense. That still doesn't make the CFPB's governing structure legal.

There should be a CFPB, but it should be structured and executed like any other federal agency because that is how the government is supposed to work in this country. The federal alphabet soup has run amok.

This post was edited by murder567 on Nov 27 2017 04:08pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Nov 27 2017 04:16pm
I always have to laugh at originalists when it comes to the constitution. I want to create a time machine just so i can hypothetically present modern america to the founding fathers. My guess is they'd put in provisions for machine guns, massive corporate lobbying, immigration, and many other subjects if they had an idea that they'd come to exist. Then again they'd prob just be stuck on the fact that we let blacks free and have an aneurysm.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Nov 27 2017 04:16pm
Gold: 1.93
Nov 27 2017 04:18pm
The moment that the government gets control over the agency they will begin to dismantle it, it was made independent for a reason, trump is one of the people it is supposed to protect you from.
Nov 27 2017 04:24pm
Quote (murder567 @ 27 Nov 2017 23:08)
It is illegal for Congress to create an agency and appropriate it money directly from the FED in perpetuity.

That it has existed for 6.5 years (which I guess you consider a long time?) has no bearing on the argument against it.

As I have said before, I am all for consumer protection - but not at the cost of the Constitution and preceding laws.

I'm not some Trump lunatic so I don't really know where you're going with this. He was one of, if not the, worst candidate on the GOP stage. More than 75% of the stuff he says is nonsense. That still doesn't make the CFPB's governing structure legal.

There should be a CFPB, but it should be structured and executed like any other federal agency because that is how the government is supposed to work in this country. The federal alphabet soup has run amok.

Your republican congress majority let it live for years, that CFPB is the only thing protecting not wealthy americans.
Like Obamacare, trump want to destroy it and replace it with ... Nothing, or a smokescreen.
State becoming weakier and giants corps stronger, again, till it's irreversible
Gold: 3,260.00
Nov 27 2017 05:54pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Nov 27 2017 05:16pm)
I always have to laugh at originalists when it comes to the constitution. I want to create a time machine just so i can hypothetically present modern america to the founding fathers. My guess is they'd put in provisions for machine guns, massive corporate lobbying, immigration, and many other subjects if they had an idea that they'd come to exist. Then again they'd prob just be stuck on the fact that we let blacks free and have an aneurysm.

They didn't put in any sort of provisions for anything and I doubt that they would've. It was purposefully written as it was to stand the test of time. Giving people rights and putting strict limits on the executive and legislative branches. These limits just got degraded over time into what we have now.

Quote (Plaguefear @ Nov 27 2017 05:18pm)
The moment that the government gets control over the agency they will begin to dismantle it, it was made independent for a reason, trump is one of the people it is supposed to protect you from.

I understand that but it just isn't legal. Congress isn't allowed to create independent bureaucracies that answer to no one and get direct deposits from the FED every year.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Nov 27 2017 05:24pm)
Your republican congress majority let it live for years, that CFPB is the only thing protecting not wealthy americans.
Like Obamacare, trump want to destroy it and replace it with ... Nothing, or a smokescreen.
State becoming weakier and giants corps stronger, again, till it's irreversible

My republican majority? I despise most republicans and most democrats in DC. They are all for expanding the big government and giving handouts to their donors and voters. The entire city of DC sickens me.

By state I assume you mean the federal government, because I actually want states to have more power. But the federal government is weak? It is the largest landowner in the world. It is the largest employer in the world. It has intimate control of the entire worlds money supply. Weak? Get the fuck outta here.

I think we could make giant corporations play nice by actually enforcing the rules we have on the books for them and making them actually pay their taxes. Small businesses and millionaires are being destroyed by the government for the benefit of big businesses and billionaires.
Nov 27 2017 06:15pm
Quote (murder567 @ 28 Nov 2017 00:54)
My republican majority? I despise most republicans and most democrats in DC. They are all for expanding the big government and giving handouts to their donors and voters. The entire city of DC sickens me.
By state I assume you mean the federal government, because I actually want states to have more power. But the federal government is weak? It is the largest landowner in the world. It is the largest employer in the world. It has intimate control of the entire worlds money supply. Weak? Get the fuck outta here.

When i said republican majority it was "your country republican majority".
And yes, your central governement is weak compared to the powers of lobbies, we have proofs of it every single day, with your single payer healthcare impossible to do because pharma lobbies addiction & fda diabet, as example, should i list all the crap ? So yep it's weak, something is broken.

Quote (murder567 @ 28 Nov 2017 00:54)
I think we could make giant corporations play nice by actually enforcing the rules we have on the books for them and making them actually pay their taxes. Small businesses and millionaires are being destroyed by the government for the benefit of big businesses and billionaires.

yes thats a problem, but i doubt that states, taken individually, will have more power against it.

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Nov 27 2017 06:15pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll