d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Gladiator Bringer Of Rain Question
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 155.30
Nov 24 2017 03:46pm
Hey all I was theory crafting my starter for the new league and decided on a gladiator, using bringer of rain for the cheap 7 link /block/damage to start the league.

My question is - what main skill to use? I originally thought sunder would be a good option as it is currently very strong and great to level with. After more thought I was considering cleave or lacerate or even dual strike. The bleedsplosions would carry mapping okay I figure? Additionally, the outmatch and outlast ascendancy node would be utilized much better for gaining frenzy/endurance charges with a nice 10% dmg and phys reduction bonus.

Would the range loss be too big to give up? How are the other skills for bossing in your guy's opinions? My goal is to clear content fast and be able to kill bosses so maybe another ability would work better?

Thoughts or anything to add?

Thanks! :D
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Nov 24 2017 05:01pm
sunder would be my personal #1 pick for what you have in mind :blush: ! i still have a bringer of rain sunder char on harbinger thats worth less than 1c in total, i can show if you wanna see how it works cause its probably the gear you will have on league start :blush: since sunder doesnt use a sword, you will use a sword as a stat stick, best would be prismatic eclipse (1c crap even on start), or tempestuous steel or princess (both extremely cheap), for main weapon go for trollner (never over 1c), and after it go for that toucan looking mace weapon (a few chaos on start)

outmatch and outlast is the best ascendancy node to get, after that go for that spell block one. dont bother about bleed explosions because you will kill stuff easily anyway :blush: !

edit: note that sunder is boring as shit :D also links in bringer of rain would be sunder/melee phys/multistrike/conc effect

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Nov 24 2017 05:05pm
Gold: 155.30
Nov 24 2017 06:30pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Nov 24 2017 11:01pm)
sunder would be my personal #1 pick for what you have in mind :blush: ! i still have a bringer of rain sunder char on harbinger thats worth less than 1c in total, i can show if you wanna see how it works cause its probably the gear you will have on league start :blush: since sunder doesnt use a sword, you will use a sword as a stat stick, best would be prismatic eclipse (1c crap even on start), or tempestuous steel or princess (both extremely cheap), for main weapon go for trollner (never over 1c), and after it go for that toucan looking mace weapon (a few chaos on start)

outmatch and outlast is the best ascendancy node to get, after that go for that spell block one. dont bother about bleed explosions because you will kill stuff easily anyway :blush: !

edit: note that sunder is boring as shit :D also links in bringer of rain would be sunder/melee phys/multistrike/conc effect

Okay thanks a lot that really helps! I know the toucan sam weapon your talking about but dont know the name either ahaha. The only drawback to sunder I can see is that it only swings the mainhand meaning that outmatch and outlast is essentially only being used for frenzy charges. Additionally, cleave would have fortify on hit with that skill gem... not sure which one would be better for bossing.

Do you find the 20% chance of endurance charge on block with bringer of rain provides a reliable generation? On bosses does it stay up too?

Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Nov 24 2017 06:36pm
Quote (racrica @ Nov 25 2017 02:30am)
Okay thanks a lot that really helps! I know the toucan sam weapon your talking about but dont know the name either ahaha. The only drawback to sunder I can see is that it only swings the mainhand meaning that outmatch and outlast is essentially only being used for frenzy charges. Additionally, cleave would have fortify on hit with that skill gem... not sure which one would be better for bossing.

Do you find the 20% chance of endurance charge on block with bringer of rain provides a reliable generation? On bosses does it stay up too?

yeee you will have like 40-50% block with good skill tree, so basically you can generate endurance charges from bringer of rain, use outmatch and outlast for more phys and frenzy charges :blush:

cleave and lacerate work yes, but sunder works best :drool:

edit: just get fortify from whirling blades :blush:

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Nov 24 2017 06:38pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic