d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Browser Games > Realm of the Mad God > Help Me Plan My Game Time > First Max Char
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 24 2017 02:55pm
i've been playing this game in my spare time for the last week.
one thing i've quickly learned about starting fresh in this game, is that it's easy to die. so i've been stashing all my stat pots and best gears.
currently i'm just making priests and grinding the middle of the map the best i can until i die and repeat process.

i believe i'm on the right page by saving pots until i can at least max def. however, i'm not sure priest would be the best option after that point. but i'm not certain due to my low lvl pet.

i notice most high defense classes can rely on high healing pets. i imagine i won't have access to a good healing pet for a long time.
this lack of a healing pet is leaving me unsure if i should try sticking with a priest or max a knight first.

any opinions?
Gold: 13,375.33
Nov 25 2017 02:09am
Wizard is much better at farming pots without pots/good gear than a preist is.

Do not go for priest to try max, it's not that good at solo running anything, only worth it if you play with friends.

A mid-range class is recent to max first, gives a bit more safety with the range but not as squish as a wizard or sorcerer.
I'd recommend an Archer or rogue personally.
Nov 25 2017 11:11am
Quote (Foxie @ Nov 25 2017 03:09am)
Wizard is much better at farming pots without pots/good gear than a preist is.

Do not go for priest to try max, it's not that good at solo running anything, only worth it if you play with friends.

A mid-range class is recent to max first, gives a bit more safety with the range but not as squish as a wizard or sorcerer.
I'd recommend an Archer or rogue personally.

i'm pretty fond of using the priest to farm middle map. without it i'd be spending quite a bit of time farming health potions before i tele'd to center map.

about maxing char, the archer is one i liked playing. the rogue not so much. still i worry about healing without having a healing pet for these chars.
i know more defense is lower dmg taken, but are a few health potions enough to keep these chars alive?
Gold: 566.50
Dec 10 2017 03:57pm
you can buy an humanoid egg for cheap and get atleast a heal pet. thats what i've done early on. lvl 50 heal and spending potions to buy food for my pet.
Dec 12 2017 09:51am
Quote (Doerte @ Dec 10 2017 04:57pm)
you can buy an humanoid egg for cheap and get atleast a heal pet. thats what i've done early on. lvl 50 heal and spending potions to buy food for my pet.

the pet helps, i've almost hit lvl 50 with both heal and mag heal.

for anyone curious though... start with a priest.
the long range and multi-hit makes god lands easy enough. the heals can keep you there indefinitely.
the one negative is the low def. it's best to stay out of dungeons any harder than cemetery until you've gotten some def pots in you.
dmg starts low, but ppl are now complaining to me in-game as my priest is out dpsing them
Gold: 11,759.50
Dec 15 2017 08:29am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Dec 12 2017 03:51pm)
the pet helps, i've almost hit lvl 50 with both heal and mag heal.

for anyone curious though... start with a priest.
the long range and multi-hit makes god lands easy enough. the heals can keep you there indefinitely.
the one negative is the low def. it's best to stay out of dungeons any harder than cemetery until you've gotten some def pots in you.
dmg starts low, but ppl are now complaining to me in-game as my priest is out dpsing them

Priest is great in the early game, just running godlands, and the easy dungeons, (snake pit / sprite / udl). Great range and piercing.

The class may struggle a bit getting soulbound in larger dungeons with a lot of people, but it doesn't seem like that's a primary objective for you. Really any ranged class is ok to use with an uncommon pet, as long as you can manage to dodge shots here and there.

If you can manage to get your hands on a prot (Tome of Holy Protection) from Bes in tombs..then you go from having no armor, to having all the armor, rushing any dungeon at your leisure.
Dec 15 2017 02:23pm
Quote (ThePirateKing @ Dec 15 2017 09:29am)
Priest is great in the early game, just running godlands, and the easy dungeons, (snake pit / sprite / udl). Great range and piercing.

The class may struggle a bit getting soulbound in larger dungeons with a lot of people, but it doesn't seem like that's a primary objective for you. Really any ranged class is ok to use with an uncommon pet, as long as you can manage to dodge shots here and there.

If you can manage to get your hands on a prot (Tome of Holy Protection) from Bes in tombs..then you go from having no armor, to having all the armor, rushing any dungeon at your leisure.

i've played all the chars in t11+ gear now with a near maxed heal/Mheal uncommon pet.
priest is by far the easiest to handle currently. things may change as i have a pet that heals more, but it appears i need to max a tank before i can even play it right now. (without just leeching everything)

that tome would really help. although i'd likely use any purification tome over it in most cases
Gold: 11,759.50
Dec 15 2017 04:55pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Dec 15 2017 08:23pm)
i've played all the chars in t11+ gear now with a near maxed heal/Mheal uncommon pet.
priest is by far the easiest to handle currently. things may change as i have a pet that heals more, but it appears i need to max a tank before i can even play it right now. (without just leeching everything)

that tome would really help. although i'd likely use any purification tome over it in most cases

A maxed melee can be invaluable for rebuilding. What's your pet looking like now? Max uncommon?

Despite some aggressive farming, I still haven't gotten a puri drop on my current account..just kind of limping through with geb tome until I finally get one.
Dec 15 2017 05:17pm
Quote (ThePirateKing @ Dec 15 2017 05:55pm)
A maxed melee can be invaluable for rebuilding. What's your pet looking like now? Max uncommon?

Despite some aggressive farming, I still haven't gotten a puri drop on my current account..just kind of limping through with geb tome until I finally get one.

ya max uncommon. currently looking for a different pet that has a better 3rd skill though.
geb tome does purify though
Gold: 17.00
Dec 15 2017 05:28pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Dec 16 2017 01:17am)
ya max uncommon. currently looking for a different pet that has a better 3rd skill though.
geb tome does purify though

Lmk
0/8?
Fame
Etc

I ripped today my 8/8 wizard (in Iceland......) ... Still got 8/8 rogue,
Now I make Nerco as next.
Will start tomorrow

This post was edited by MillionVoices on Dec 15 2017 05:29pm
Go Back To Realm of the Mad God Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll