d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Las Vegas Knights > Your Thoughts?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 103.00
Nov 21 2017 09:47am
Quote (KrWWW @ Nov 21 2017 10:41am)
easy acronym

LAK is easy for Kings

LVK seems easy no?

I mean Las Vegas is the name of the city... why change the name of the city for the team just to make an acronym

This post was edited by h4bs on Nov 21 2017 09:48am
Gold: 1,094.20
Nov 21 2017 09:59am
"Foley said the reason they will be called the Vegas Golden Knights, rather than Las Vegas, is a local one."

"People that live here call themselves Vegas," Foley said. " 'Where you from? Vegas.' They don't say 'Las Vegas.' We're the Las Vegas Golden Knights, that's four words. We're the Vegas Golden Knights. That's three words. That's the limit."

https://www.nhl.com/news/vegas-golden-knights-official-team-name/c-283981522
Gold: 8,221.00
Nov 21 2017 10:20am
Quote (h4bs @ Nov 21 2017 08:47am)
LVK seems easy no?

I mean Las Vegas is the name of the city... why change the name of the city for the team just to make an acronym

Las and Los are definitive plural articles that take on either masculine or feminine form in Spanish denoting the word "the"

Makes more sense to have the acronym for Vegas, the name of the actual city and not "the" part that stuck around from when Mexico owned that land.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Nov 21 2017 10:21am
Gold: 17,801.00
Nov 21 2017 04:47pm
Good thread.

Nice to get some perspective from someone who lives/works there.

I think they will be a success. It is good to hear that there is a local fan base growing already.

Vegas has the unique advantage of being such a popular travel destination. I think sales will continue to do well because the opposing team will always have their fair share of fans.

They don't have to sell out the arena just from VGK fans who lives in the area so I think we will see steady attendance at games.

As for how well the team will do in the future it will all depend how it is managed. I think some things have been done well such as their offbeat and entertaining marketing.

They did handle the Shipachev situation very poorly so that could put on blemish on them for acquiring free agents.
Gold: 2,900.49
Dec 13 2017 07:25pm
Little late, but I went to the Ducks/Knights game on the 5th and I have to say I think the venue is badass. There's the lower bowl and upper deck, I sat like 8 rows behind the glass on the bottom so we had fucking phenomenal seats. From what I hear and could see the upper "cheap" seats are pretty damned good, which is probably why the ticket prices for them are higher than I remember Anaheim's being (Anaheim's cheap seats are pretty bad). Well, that coupled with the honeymoon allure of the new team and whatnot.

Lot of Ducks fans there and from what I hear there are a ton more for bigger teams.

I just watched a game last night at a bar in the Aria within walking distance of the stadium and when we walked in they didn't even have the game on the t.v. For the most part it is on, but it exposed the irony of the team, and that is that the people who would support it are the people who live outside the Strip area whereas right by the arena there are just a ton of tourists. The team will likely remain a draw for people who want to see their team or a big team like Pittsburgh or something but we'll have to see how the community handles them when they suck.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll