d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Murder On The Orient Express
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.20
Nov 22 2017 12:43am
Quote (Blah58 @ Nov 22 2017 12:29am)
You don't need to be a movie expert to say "I liked that movie because the relationship between jack and rose was so romantic and when he sacrificed himself for her it was beautiful." Or "the movie has so many jokes and none of them fell flat, i was constantly laughing it was great."

You obviously can go deeper with more knowledge but even without knowledge you can still explain yourself beyond "i like it because it's good".

Exactly.
Gold: 90.58
Nov 22 2017 01:27am
Quote (FroggyG @ Nov 21 2017 11:43pm)
Exactly.

Agreed
Gold: 63,142.89
Nov 22 2017 01:51am
Quote (Blah58 @ Nov 22 2017 02:29am)
You don't need to be a movie expert to say "I liked that movie because the relationship between jack and rose was so romantic and when he sacrificed himself for her it was beautiful." Or "the movie has so many jokes and none of them fell flat, i was constantly laughing it was great."

You obviously can go deeper with more knowledge but even without knowledge you can still explain yourself beyond "i like it because it's good".

Quote (FroggyG @ Nov 22 2017 02:43am)
Exactly.

Well then, perhaps there seems to be confusion about the definition of "an idiot" as it was used in the original quote I was referring to.

Because how well you can support an opinion determines how much of an idiot you are. It shows how much thought you actually put into things.

You can like Transformers because "big mechs go boom boom" or "I just like it!"

The quotes bolded is Blah58's post above appear to be examples of the most poorly supported explanations that exhibit the least amount of thought. The bolded quotes are on par with "big mechs go boom boom", the kind of stuff an idiot would use to explain why he liked the movie.

Apparently, I misunderstood the word 'idiot' as it was being used. To me, someone who says they liked Austin Powers because "it was really funny when Fat Bastard farted" is an idiot (no matter how descriptive their explanation is).
Gold: 10,025.00
Nov 22 2017 03:19am
Quote (Kayeto @ Nov 22 2017 12:51am)
Well then, perhaps there seems to be confusion about the definition of "an idiot" as it was used in the original quote I was referring to.

The quotes bolded is Blah58's post above appear to be examples of the most poorly supported explanations that exhibit the least amount of thought. The bolded quotes are on par with "big mechs go boom boom", the kind of stuff an idiot would use to explain why he liked the movie.

Apparently, I misunderstood the word 'idiot' as it was being used. To me, someone who says they liked Austin Powers because "it was really funny when Fat Bastard farted" is an idiot (no matter how descriptive their explanation is).

You are allowed guilty pleasures, aka liking stupid shit. As long as you realize that's what's happening. Liking a generic action movie because it is a generic action movie is perfectly fine, everyone like a change of pace now and then. The main issue I think a lot of us here have is when you have someone like chels.. Whatever going into every thread saying "this movie is awesome because Marvel" or this movie sucks because not Marvel" and not even attempting to go any deeper. That's the idiot.
Gold: 0.36
Nov 22 2017 03:45am
Too much effort this arguement.

U went to cinema to watch it and I thought it was brilliant..
Gold: 0.00
Nov 22 2017 12:15pm
so was this movie any good like holy fuck 4 pages and i saw nothing about the god dam movie
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234
Add Reply New Topic New Poll