d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Murder On The Orient Express
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 21 2017 10:02am
Quote (Kayeto @ Nov 20 2017 08:13pm)
Depends on your standards. For me personally, I need to hear good things about a movie from critics and the people I know IRL who tend to share my taste in movies. Then I'll start looking up articles and developing my own opinion.

99% of new movies are crap, so I really have to receive overwhelmingly positive feedback on something in order to give it a chance.

I'm the same way. There are a handful of movies that I'll see no matter what. Most of the time though, I form an opinion off the same factors. My own thoughts regarding the trailer, director, producers (studio) is always the most important of my considerations. That being said, I have been wrong before off this kind of shit, but it doesn't happen often, usually when I think something looks like ass, it ends up being ass (at least to me). Baby Driver was the latest exception, I was way wrong about that one. After that, I talk to people online and IRL friends, people who I know have similar taste as me, and then I look for reviews from people like Chelsea/CmBurns etc... guys who love every mindless KRAWPLOW!!!!!! movie, and hate things with depth, Damon is another good guy for this, and based off that, I can figure out exactly what kind of movie it's going to be. The last thing I do before seeing a movie, or before waiting until it's available online (I watch almost everything, I just wait until it's available in high-quality online), I check in with the critics and see what they've got to say. Now, I've only got a handful of critics I actually trust, because most of them seem like garbage people/reviewers. Some things are just suspect, and I feel like Disney HAS to pay for positive reviews. There's just no fucking way shit movies like Age of Ultron are scoring 75%, while the Superman movie got a 55, and BvS got a fucking 27. Wonder Woman was just as bad/good as the Superman movie and it got a fucking 92? I wonder why that is.... (cough woman protagonist cough/fucking bullshit). I'm not saying these movies were good, because they weren't, just that Marvel's movies are often just as bad, and they somehow always get a fucking 70 or better, even if they're fucking awful. Even Iron Man 2/3 both got 7x ratings lol, and those were both fucking TERRIBLE.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 21 2017 10:04am
Gold: Locked
Nov 21 2017 10:25am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 21 2017 12:02pm)
I'm the same way. There are a handful of movies that I'll see no matter what. Most of the time though, I form an opinion off the same factors. My own thoughts regarding the trailer, director, producers (studio) is always the most important of my considerations. That being said, I have been wrong before off this kind of shit, but it doesn't happen often, usually when I think something looks like ass, it ends up being ass (at least to me). Baby Driver was the latest exception, I was way wrong about that one. After that, I talk to people online and IRL friends, people who I know have similar taste as me, and then I look for reviews from people like Chelsea/CmBurns etc... guys who love every mindless KRAWPLOW!!!!!! movie, and hate things with depth, Damon is another good guy for this, and based off that, I can figure out exactly what kind of movie it's going to be. The last thing I do before seeing a movie, or before waiting until it's available online (I watch almost everything, I just wait until it's available in high-quality online), I check in with the critics and see what they've got to say. Now, I've only got a handful of critics I actually trust, because most of them seem like garbage people/reviewers. Some things are just suspect, and I feel like Disney HAS to pay for positive reviews. There's just no fucking way shit movies like Age of Ultron are scoring 75%, while the Superman movie got a 55, and BvS got a fucking 27. Wonder Woman was just as bad/good as the Superman movie and it got a fucking 92? I wonder why that is.... (cough woman protagonist cough/fucking bullshit). I'm not saying these movies were good, because they weren't, just that Marvel's movies are often just as bad, and they somehow always get a fucking 70 or better, even if they're fucking awful. Even Iron Man 2/3 both got 7x ratings lol, and those were both fucking TERRIBLE.

You just don't like marvel mate... we get it.
Gold: 0.00
Nov 21 2017 10:28am
cartoon network make better comics thar mervel
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 21 2017 11:00am
Quote (chelsea11 @ Nov 21 2017 08:25am)
You just don't like marvel mate... we get it.

I like good Marvel movies....

The good movies from Marvel I can think of are Iron Man, Spider-Man 1/2 (lil dated, but enjoyable), X-Men 1/2, First Class, and DoFP (while not marvel's studio, still Marvel universe characters), Logan was fucking amazing, and I also enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy. Then they've had some alright movies like Ant-Man, Avengers (bored out of my mind by the end, but it had enjoyable moments), Spider-Man Homecoming was mostly watchable, but also just completely retarded at parts, Dr. Strange (once again, mixed on this, parts were pure shit, some things were good), deadpool, and even though it was just a MUCH shittier version of GotG, GotG 2 was watchable as well, and I enjoyed a few parts of the first Thor. The rest have all been pretty bad to terrible.

You like literally anything with Marvel stamped on it. Trying to discredit my opinion because you think I hate a franchise is just flat-out wrong. I loved comics and superheros growing up, but it just blows my mind that you've seen soooooo fucking many of these movies, and you still aren't even beginning to ask for more... The appeal of these movies come on strong for me. I went to EVERYTHING, and then after getting burnt over and fucking over on just terrible movies, Captain America, Dark World, Civil War, Ultron, Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider, Elektra, Daredevil, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 (this was the last bad Marvel movie I saw in theaters, and I'll never pay to see another bad Marvel movie), all the Hulk movies (ed norton one was watchable I guess, but still not good), and w/e else there is, I can't think of everything right now. It's just painful how many TERRIBLE movies they've done, and you call everything with a fucking C rating a masterpiece, and you think I'm the one who's got a bias lol? Come on now.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 21 2017 11:05am
Gold: 10,025.00
Nov 21 2017 11:36am
Thor 1, GotG1 and Iron man 1 are probably the only MCU movies actually worth watching.

Everything else is bland same generic poorly written crap.

It's a shame that the best Hawkeye writing and performance was in the worst fucking movie ever. Hawkeye was basically the only reason I watched Ultron all the way through.
Gold: 25.20
Nov 21 2017 01:32pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 21 2017 10:02am)
Wonder Woman was just as bad/good as the Superman movie and it got a fucking 92? I wonder why that is.... (cough woman protagonist cough/fucking bullshit)

I actually think Wonder Woman was pretty good and deserved its rating

This post was edited by FroggyG on Nov 21 2017 01:33pm
Gold: 10,025.00
Nov 21 2017 02:12pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Nov 21 2017 12:32pm)

Wonder Woman is arguably the only super hero film that actually exists in both the mcu and dceu.

Most films focus on the super part, WW actually focused on the hero part. That's part of the reason I think so many people liked it.
Gold: 2,094.99
Nov 21 2017 02:33pm
Quote (FroggyG @ Nov 21 2017 02:32pm)

I thought WW was the second worst DC movie to date after suicide squad...but people have different opinions, & that’s perfectly fine.

The whole notion [that I see in here sometimes] that my opinion is X & if you disagree you’re a fucking idiot is, well, retarded.
Gold: 15,241.22
Nov 21 2017 03:52pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 21 2017 11:02am)

You thought baby driver was good? That makes a lot of sense actually.
Gold: 25.20
Nov 21 2017 05:09pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Nov 21 2017 02:33pm)
I thought WW was the second worst DC movie to date after suicide squad...but people have different opinions, & that’s perfectly fine.

The whole notion [that I see in here sometimes] that my opinion is X & if you disagree you’re a fucking idiot is, well, retarded.

I won't call anyone dumb for liking any movie as long as they have legitimate reasons to back up their opinion, even if I disagree.

Most people don't though.

This post was edited by FroggyG on Nov 21 2017 05:10pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll