d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Guild Wars 1 & 2 > Whos Jamming Out Some Original Guild Wars
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,410.00
Nov 18 2017 02:13am
Wandering whose playing some guild wars 1.
Freshly bought it on steam again, and its pretty active.
Gold: 199.00
Nov 19 2017 11:28pm
how active is pretty active?
Nov 20 2017 06:50am
*Enters Major City
*Joins Guild
*People are always online when I sign in
*Markets decent to trade, Hard to find people to level with etc. Mostly because everyone's on their own missions in life.
*Sums it up
Gold: 0.00
Nov 20 2017 05:40pm
Its always been easy to join a guild in guild wars.
People bot consistently in that game since a-net gave up catching botters.
Market is literal garbage since people learned how to duplicate ectoplasm, everything is inflated as hell.
sums it up.
Nov 21 2017 12:40am
Yeh, it has not reverted old school GW.
It's decent to trade if you have what is necessary.
Having an active guild in a game is different.. First guild I joined always active and always awesome to chat to.

To be honest I never played GW in the past or now to play with parties, as the instances always made it hard to find a decent party 100% of the time.
Gold: 2.00
Jan 3 2018 10:31am
Hey there, pm me if you'd like, ign "Shirhn Knight"
Not on jsp all the time but im on GW probably 3 times a week.

the game is active enough. Meaning that yes there are a lot of botters, but its sort of necessary.
It isn't 2009/2010 -- none of us are staying up for 12hours Vaettir farming to get title stacks before we go take an exam anymore lol.
Most who play have kids/career. So who cares. In my opinion it makes the game better being that near 100% of the community is mature, knowledgable in game, and pretty laid back.
Plus.. if you're on jsp you already have an unfair advantage bringing currency from other games. GW is really deflated in comparison to IRL money/ FG.
I put ~1000fg into the game, dont remember exactly how many ectos/arms i bought, i got a good deal though Spent a lot on lockpicks/pcons/res scrolls/gear/whatever.
After getting everything i would need ( 5 lockpick stacks, couple BU stacks, 1grail/armor stack , -DP removal. ) I've been flipping on and off for the past year since returning.
Currently almost have a Storage pane full of ecto stacks, and a bunch of apple and corn I need to sell off once people need them lol.

My point is -- yea, sure there's a lot of botters and wealth, but there is very active trade, and a lot of room for profit still in game.
The downside , very specific items are inflated/high demand. Windwalkers and Sup. Vigors are worth 10e sometimes. 4e other times.
Most other runes/insignias are valueless.
Gold is in high demand because everyone has so many ectos, arms, etc.
Q9 BDS or Q9 Crysta can be 20arms+ , 1a = ~120e.

There are a lot of people who play to profit, though. Anet does semi-regularly ban gold sellers, but yes. PvE bots can run rampant, and PvP bots don't get banned much.
Again though. I don't mind it, Usually I can find a couple allies to go crush JQ bots with. Occasionally there's an enemy party as well.
Sat/Sun afternoon at 4PM EST there is a Facebook group for doing FA. I think it's called "Weekly Fort Aspenwood GW1" or something on Facebook,if you search.

There's usually 2 lobbies going every weekend. So you have to wait a couple minutes but it is all players, no bots.
Some of them are assholes though in FA. Idk why.
There are a lot of familiar faces who are on Regularly.
"Peter Kadar" is one -- he makes Youtube videos almost every week on how to do the nick farm, as well as the best farm runs and such available.

As we all know Gwguru died and Gwwiki isn't too active. So it's nice having a real person making videos consistenly again.

Anyway, sorry for the long post lol. Hope I could shed some light on what's going on in the GW1 realm for anyone else reading.
Add me though !
Go Back To Guild Wars 1 & 2 Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll