d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Computer Building > Looking For Help Buying A Pc
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 35,576.00
Nov 21 2017 03:11am
thx a bunch guys, very much appreciato!
i might actually start reading/watching into it after all
do you know if there are sites where you pick the parts yourself and ppl screw it together for you? or should i rather keep away from stuff like that?^^
Gold: 0.00
Nov 21 2017 04:09am
Quote (emo @ Nov 21 2017 03:11am)
thx a bunch guys, very much appreciato!
i might actually start reading/watching into it after all
do you know if there are sites where you pick the parts yourself and ppl screw it together for you? or should i rather keep away from stuff like that?^^

I wouldn't look for a website that does that, but if you have friends that are into pc gaming, you could see if one of them is willing and able to help. Otherwise you can if like an electronics repair shop would assemble it for labor fees. But seriously, in this day and age it's pretty hard to fuck up on basic builds, most equipment has ESD protections, so are long as you aren't fucking with something while it has power going to it, you aren't going to break it. Watch that video once ahead of time, then keep it open as you are building and it should go plenty smooth. Also feel free to ask here if you have any questions, we'd be more than willing to help out.
Nov 21 2017 10:47am
thx again for the reply, watched the vid already and might give it a shot :wacko:
now i also played around with equipment a little, was wondering if you guys could lmk if that'd work? am i missing something?

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K, 4x 4200 MHz inkl. Assassins Creed: Origins & Total War: Warhammer 2 & Intel Gaming Bundle
Cooler: Scythe Byakko
Graphiccard: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC, 8GB GDDR5X, DVI, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort inkl. Destiny 2
Mainboard: MSI Z270A-PRO
RAM: 16 GB DDR4-RAM, Dual Channel (2x 8 GB), 2400 MHz, Ballistix Sport
256 GB SSD Micron 1100
PSU: 500 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 10

would this efficiently lead me to victory or am i missing something/a lot?
this exact setup would cost me 1373€ including a case that doesn't look like it's about to transform lol
lmk what to improve/downgrade if you don't mind :wub:
Nov 21 2017 03:36pm
Quote (emo @ Nov 21 2017 10:47am)
thx again for the reply, watched the vid already and might give it a shot :wacko:
now i also played around with equipment a little, was wondering if you guys could lmk if that'd work? am i missing something?

Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K, 4x 4200 MHz inkl. Assassins Creed: Origins & Total War: Warhammer 2 & Intel Gaming Bundle
Cooler: Scythe Byakko
Graphiccard: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor 8G OC, 8GB GDDR5X, DVI, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort inkl. Destiny 2
256 GB SSD Micron 1100
PSU: 500 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 10

would this efficiently lead me to victory or am i missing something/a lot?
this exact setup would cost me 1373€ including a case that doesn't look like it's about to transform lol
lmk what to improve/downgrade if you don't mind :wub:

SSD will be slower and only half the storage
Never heard of that cooler, but looking it up it's a big smaller so probably won't be nearly as effective as the cryorig. The h7 is probably the best cooler under 50.
PSU is iffy, I feel like 500 would definitely be on the low side for that setup.
Nov 22 2017 05:21am
Quote (zell1luk @ Nov 21 2017 11:36pm)
SSD will be slower and only half the storage
Never heard of that cooler, but looking it up it's a big smaller so probably won't be nearly as effective as the cryorig. The h7 is probably the best cooler under 50.
PSU is iffy, I feel like 500 would definitely be on the low side for that setup.

thx for your reply once again!! changed some of the stuff you advised me - are the coolers here fine or still not gucci enough (very limited options here..)? + would you suggest me going for a watercooler instead? id like to avoid them because afraid of leaking lol
some watercooling options within budget:
Corsair H60 +34,90 €
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 +39,90 €
CSL Maelstrom 120 +39,90 €

another question, should you be able to answer it at a quick glance -- gtx 1080 GAMING vs gtx 1080 ARMOR: what's the difference here? what's better/worse?
aaand what would you suggest me to down/upgrade here? both these builds are cut by ~200€ or so, adding some upgrades to it and i get a little above my budget which doesn't hurt me at all but i'd still like to know where to cut back and where to add up for better/longer gaming experience.

Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock LP -- good enough?
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, 8GB GDDR5X, DVI, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort inkl. Destiny 2 the gtx 1080 ARMOR would lower total price to 1543€, not gonna hurt me much but idk what's better/worse
SSD: 500 GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo (Lesen/Schreiben: 540 MB/s | 520 MB/s)
PSU: 700 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 10, 91 % efficiency, 80 Plus Silber
-- 1572€

Nov 22 2017 06:05am
Quote (emo @ Nov 22 2017 05:21am)
thx for your reply once again!! changed some of the stuff you advised me - are the coolers here fine or still not gucci enough (very limited options here..)? + would you suggest me going for a watercooler instead? id like to avoid them because afraid of leaking lol
some watercooling options within budget:
Corsair H60 +34,90 €
Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 +39,90 €
CSL Maelstrom 120 +39,90 €

another question, should you be able to answer it at a quick glance -- gtx 1080 GAMING vs gtx 1080 ARMOR: what's the difference here? what's better/worse?
aaand what would you suggest me to down/upgrade here? both these builds are cut by ~200€ or so, adding some upgrades to it and i get a little above my budget which doesn't hurt me at all but i'd still like to know where to cut back and where to add up for better/longer gaming experience.

Cooler: be quiet! Shadow Rock LP -- good enough?
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, 8GB GDDR5X, DVI, HDMI, 3x DisplayPort inkl. Destiny 2 the gtx 1080 ARMOR would lower total price to 1543€, not gonna hurt me much but idk what's better/worse
SSD: 500 GB SSD Samsung 850 Evo (Lesen/Schreiben: 540 MB/s | 520 MB/s)
PSU: 700 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 10, 91 % efficiency, 80 Plus Silber
-- 1572€

Big watercooling brands got big for a reason, they are efficient, yet reliable. Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT will be plenty reliable to put in a system. The main reason I don't recommend them is they aren't generally worth the price unless you are really trying to get the last .1-.2 ghz out of an overclock, and I prefer the quietness of a good cpu cooler.
Gaming will have a higher factory clock speed. SOMETIMES, this means chips are binned from the factory (a way to tell how much top end your individual chip can deliver), meaning it will boost/overclock higher. Can also sometimes contain better cooling solutions the higher up you go in tier. You can usually get comparisons of individual cards on youtube or just search google. Gamers Nexus is a big place for this.
A good rule of thumb is follow the ratings/reviews. If a card costs an extra 20, but has .5 star better rating over 100 reviews, their's probably a reason why.
I would stay away from low profile coolers. Find a tower style air cooler where it blows air away, not just right back into the cpu. Cooler Master be Quiet, and Cryorig are all pretty good brands to look for.
Faster ram will help just a little if you can find it for not a huge price difference, but don't spend 30 extra for an extra 200 mhz on ram. Also, anything above 3200 generally runs into compatibility issues.
Rest is good, but don't forget a case. I just build a new rig in the Fractal Define C, and would highly recommend it. Good cable management, window, PSU shroud, dust filters, compact, decent thermals, and comes with all around sound-proofing. If you would prefer slightly better thermals at the cost of slightly more noise, you could go with the Fractal Meshify C. It's the same chassis, just different front/top panels that focus more on airflow than silence.
Nov 22 2017 08:42am
Quote (zell1luk @ Nov 22 2017 02:05pm)
Big watercooling brands got big for a reason, they are efficient, yet reliable. Corsair, Cooler Master, NZXT will be plenty reliable to put in a system. The main reason I don't recommend them is they aren't generally worth the price unless you are really trying to get the last .1-.2 ghz out of an overclock, and I prefer the quietness of a good cpu cooler.
Gaming will have a higher factory clock speed. SOMETIMES, this means chips are binned from the factory (a way to tell how much top end your individual chip can deliver), meaning it will boost/overclock higher. Can also sometimes contain better cooling solutions the higher up you go in tier. You can usually get comparisons of individual cards on youtube or just search google. Gamers Nexus is a big place for this.
A good rule of thumb is follow the ratings/reviews. If a card costs an extra 20, but has .5 star better rating over 100 reviews, their's probably a reason why.
I would stay away from low profile coolers. Find a tower style air cooler where it blows air away, not just right back into the cpu. Cooler Master be Quiet, and Cryorig are all pretty good brands to look for.
Faster ram will help just a little if you can find it for not a huge price difference, but don't spend 30 extra for an extra 200 mhz on ram. Also, anything above 3200 generally runs into compatibility issues.
Rest is good, but don't forget a case. I just build a new rig in the Fractal Define C, and would highly recommend it. Good cable management, window, PSU shroud, dust filters, compact, decent thermals, and comes with all around sound-proofing. If you would prefer slightly better thermals at the cost of slightly more noise, you could go with the Fractal Meshify C. It's the same chassis, just different front/top panels that focus more on airflow than silence.

thx a lot for your time again sir zell1luk
i eventually decided to go for your build with a 500gb ssd instead
a few parts dont deliver to me though so gonna have to see where i cand find cheapest

thx all for the help :wub:
Nov 22 2017 01:27pm
Quote (emo @ Nov 22 2017 08:42am)
thx a lot for your time again sir zell1luk
i eventually decided to go for your build with a 500gb ssd instead
a few parts dont deliver to me though so gonna have to see where i cand find cheapest

thx all for the help :wub:

Good luck. Let us know how the build process goes; feel free to take some pics and post em up as well!
Go Back To Computer Building Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll