d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > The Challenge On Mtv
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,057.69
Nov 18 2017 05:24am
Quote (TB12 @ 18 Nov 2017 04:12)
Hard opinion there.

/e And The Challenge definitely isn't scripted. You obviously haven't seen it if you think that.

is it a reality tv show? If yes then its already scripted sry guys they all are

This post was edited by hammered_guy on Nov 18 2017 05:24am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 18 2017 02:58pm
Quote (TB12 @ Nov 18 2017 12:12am)
Hard opinion there.

/e And The Challenge definitely isn't scripted. You obviously haven't seen it if you think that.

All reality shows are scripted, and that just makes them terrible to me. It's the same thing as everything else I complain about in this sub, simple formulaic bullshit that most people can see through in the first 5 minutes. We're told to lower our expectations for good acting, story and pretty much everything involved, because it's REAL. There's the problem though, it's not real lol. So, it's just like any other TV show, but with unknown/bad actors, garbage writing, more sob stories than I EVER want to hear, and predictable endings. Just look online to see who's more popular, there you go. Unless it's a show that's known for letting the second most popular person win, just to get people irritated and talking about it on social media, thus increasing the shows popularity.

Edit : I won't post in this thread anymore, and I'll add this to my list to at least watch one episode, but I've tried to watch SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking many of these types of shows, and they're just all the fucking same. American Ninja Warrior still pisses me off lol, but this is probably better than that at least.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Nov 18 2017 02:59pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 18 2017 04:50pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 18 2017 03:58pm)
All reality shows are scripted, and that just makes them terrible to me. It's the same thing as everything else I complain about in this sub, simple formulaic bullshit that most people can see through in the first 5 minutes. We're told to lower our expectations for good acting, story and pretty much everything involved, because it's REAL. There's the problem though, it's not real lol. So, it's just like any other TV show, but with unknown/bad actors, garbage writing, more sob stories than I EVER want to hear, and predictable endings. Just look online to see who's more popular, there you go. Unless it's a show that's known for letting the second most popular person win, just to get people irritated and talking about it on social media, thus increasing the shows popularity.

Edit : I won't post in this thread anymore, and I'll add this to my list to at least watch one episode, but I've tried to watch SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking many of these types of shows, and they're just all the fucking same. American Ninja Warrior still pisses me off lol, but this is probably better than that at least.

I hear you on the reality show gripe but there's really no emotional back story with anyone on The Challenge. I can only think of one girl who was playing for her Dad who needed some treatment and she was out relatively early.

The thing with the Challenge is it's not new people every time and yeah veterans win a majority of the time but it's because they're actually just better at competitions etc.

Some aspects of the show like what competition it is, maybe when something is supposed to be random it's not really random and production pulls some strings, but the competitions and rivalries are pretty damn real in the Challenge. I think more so than most other reality shows, it's pretty unique. I've listened to interviews with some of the people on it because Barstool somehow is associated with them, mostly because the type of people on the show are the type of people that would follow Barstool, but it should very real. If you watch these people give it there fucking all on some of these.

But it's just my opinion at the end of the day.
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 18 2017 05:50pm
^ Your reasoning seems sound. I'll check it out once I finish up my current watchlist, working my way through Mind Hunters (on episode 9 I think), then I gotta do Punisher, and then I'll give it a shot. Reality shows don't do it for me often, but there have been a few that were able to sink their teeth in me. I of course noticed eventually how terrible it all was, and it was shattered for me lol, but you make this seem promising.
Gold: 39,837.69
Nov 18 2017 07:12pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Nov 18 2017 06:50pm)
^ Your reasoning seems sound. I'll check it out once I finish up my current watchlist, working my way through Mind Hunters (on episode 9 I think), then I gotta do Punisher, and then I'll give it a shot. Reality shows don't do it for me often, but there have been a few that were able to sink their teeth in me. I of course noticed eventually how terrible it all was, and it was shattered for me lol, but you make this seem promising.

If youve never watched the show or been a fan dont even bother.
Gold: 2,004.41
Nov 19 2017 12:57am
what about ben carson, though?
Nov 19 2017 03:01pm
Quote (EmericAn @ Nov 18 2017 08:12pm)
If youve never watched the show or been a fan dont even bother.

I disagree with this sentiment because I only started watching two seasons ago (Invasion of the Champions) and got into it really easily.

Gold: 5,496.89
Dec 6 2017 08:51pm
TO fucking quit because of his ego. Trying to make money for charity and he walked out because he felt disrespected. Total piece of garbage. Get over yourself.

In other news, water is wet
Gold: 5,173.50
Dec 16 2017 06:06am
I enjoy the show. I stopped watching about 8 weeks ago because I been so busy but hope to catch up soon. I like Johnny bananas just because he so wicked and makes the show so much more entertaining.
Dec 16 2017 07:37am
i've been watching the challenge been a long time now its fun nothing more before all i wanted to see was fights xD
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll