d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Idea To Peruse Over
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,684.08
Nov 14 2017 04:29am
Please read fully, if you do not quite get the idea, I hope the example at the end makes sense.

Personalized Character Idea.

1. When you pass for the first time on your character, you have the option of either being a Samurai, or create a personalized feeder character.
2. When you create your personalized feeder character you can choose one of the same feeder option names and gain their abilities, abilities will change as you pass next climb.
3. Your starting stats are 10 in each, and you choose where the rest goes. Note: All feeders have 150 hard stat points, so, you will have 110 stat points to use anywhere you want BUT, the placement of these stats are permanent, so if you pass again to samurai, you keep your allocated starting stat location, as for the other 10 starting points, these are always optional, including the max of 10 gained by failed attempts and so on.
4. When you pass again, you gain an additional 5 stat points [all unlocked characters gain 5 allocated stat points more than feeder, now you choose where these go as well]
... Note: if you chose a Fighter and you pass to Samurai, the class name changes to: Samurai Fighter / Paladin Fighter and so on.

EXAMPLE: (Since I like Guardians, I will start there)

Guardian (Personalized)
Strength 10 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 65 / Vitality 65 [This is my Stat setup] ... I still have 10 points to use

Samurai Guardian (Personalized)
Strength 10 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 65 / Vitality 65 [This is my Stat setup] ... I still have 15 points to use

Paladin Guardian (Personalized)
Strength 10 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 65 / Vitality 65 [This is my Stat setup] ... I still have 20 points to use [Not including any extras for failed attempts]

Monk Guardian (Personalized)
Strength 10 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 65 / Vitality 65 [This is my Stat setup] ... I still have 25 points to use [Not including any extras for failed attempts]

Ninja Guardian (Personalized)
Strength 10 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 65 / Vitality 65 [This is my Stat setup] ... I still have 30 points to use [Not including any extras for failed attempts]

Warlock Guardian (Personalized)
Strength 10 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 65 / Vitality 65 [This is my Stat setup] ... I still have 35 points to use [Not including any extras for failed attempts]

Headhunter Guardian (Personalized)
Strength 10 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 65 / Vitality 65 [This is my Stat setup] ... I still have 40 points to use [Not including any extras for failed attempts]

Alchemist Guardian (Personalized)
Strength 10 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 65 / Vitality 65 [This is my Stat setup] ... I still have 45 points to use [Not including any extras for failed attempts]

End Note: I had more ideas about the abilities for them and also about innate skills for each class, but it would be too much to add in.

EDIT: as you can tell, you can have samurai / paladin / monk / ninja and headhunter casters in the group instead of melee, this means swords or axes with Intelligence could be worth more, thus more versatility with character builds.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Nov 14 2017 04:34am
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Nov 14 2017 04:45am
I must admit that this is the first time you have my interest in any of your crazy idea's.
The reason of this is because that you can pretty much play whatever you want on whatever you want.
It makes it much easier for ppl who love to cast on each class, they can just like you chose to go with 40vita and rest into INT which is even more life than needed for a regular climb, but why not..

This is simular to some of the idea's we've had before, spec the one that I think it was Lance had, once u pass you can chose to play the unlocked character or keep playing something else but add the extra door still.

Will this personalized system still force you to use axe on headhunter for example? or would u have to chose early on what ability and gear to use?

I would say this needs work, but as I said, you got my interest just because of the simpler way of clicking for many ppl, spec the casters.

This would be bad for ppl using staff/sword setups from feeder - ninja and then casting set and then axe set. Stats would ahve to be spent between all attributes. (I guess we could skip casting completly and put 0 into intelligance and use melee staffs on warlock, but this all depends on abilities once again)
Meaning you wont get out much at all, but for "Dag + Axe" you could go pure dex, so a split between dex/int / vita and skip str completly.

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Nov 14 2017 04:46am
Nov 14 2017 05:58am
Quote (RistVaLL @ Nov 14 2017 11:45pm)
I must admit that this is the first time you have my interest in any of your crazy idea's.
The reason of this is because that you can pretty much play whatever you want on whatever you want.
It makes it much easier for ppl who love to cast on each class, they can just like you chose to go with 40vita and rest into INT which is even more life than needed for a regular climb, but why not..

This is simular to some of the idea's we've had before, spec the one that I think it was Lance had, once u pass you can chose to play the unlocked character or keep playing something else but add the extra door still.

Will this personalized system still force you to use axe on headhunter for example? or would u have to chose early on what ability and gear to use?

I would say this needs work, but as I said, you got my interest just because of the simpler way of clicking for many ppl, spec the casters.

This would be bad for ppl using staff/sword setups from feeder - ninja and then casting set and then axe set. Stats would ahve to be spent between all attributes. (I guess we could skip casting completly and put 0 into intelligance and use melee staffs on warlock, but this all depends on abilities once again)
Meaning you wont get out much at all, but for "Dag + Axe" you could go pure dex, so a split between dex/int / vita and skip str completly.

Gear choices per class would stay the same, i.e. Headhunter with Axe/Battleaxe... BUT, I have sold 45 int axes for 1fg because they aren't useable... yet with this idea, these could fetch more fg.
Just to clarify something about stat points, the personalized character already has 10 stat points in each stat, the remaining 110 out of the 150 you can distribute thus the die is cast [can not be changed]
When picking the feeder class with your personalized class, you use those abilities, once you pass, you use the same abilities as that class, i.e. Samurai, Paladin and so on.

My thoughts about Abilities were not posted, but, this was my idea on that point:
1. You can choose 2 abilities from the entire list, these are permanent all the way up to Alchemist.
2. The third ability choice [to be your main] is picked from the unlocked character class if you prefer.

Example:
Guardian (Personalized): Main 2: Retribution / Salvation [Can Not Change] ... Third Choice for Main: Powerstrike
Samurai Guardian (Personalized): Main 2: Retribution / Salvation [Can Not Change] ... Third Choice for Main: Multistrike (Sammy Ability)
Paladin Guardian (Personalized): Main 2: Retribution / Salvation [Can Not Change] ... Third Choice for Main: Healback (Pally Ability)
etc... you choose the 3rd from unlocked OR other as main if not happy with that.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on Nov 14 2017 06:00am
Gold: 60,000.75
Nov 14 2017 06:00am
Quote (RistVaLL @ 14 Nov 2017 11:45)

i also like it, but i also think the item restrictions are needed, so if you wanna caster everything you will need a different setup of caster items and that will keep the economy moving.
Members++
Gold: 495,158.21
Trader: Trusted
Nov 14 2017 06:08am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 14 Nov 2017 13:58)
Gear choices per class would stay the same, i.e. Headhunter with Axe/Battleaxe... BUT, I have sold 45 int axes for 1fg because they aren't useable... yet with this idea, these could fetch more fg.
Just to clarify something about stat points, the personalized character already has 10 stat points in each stat, the remaining 110 out of the 150 you can distribute thus the die is cast [can not be changed]
When picking the feeder class with your personalized class, you use those abilities, once you pass, you use the same abilities as that class, i.e. Samurai, Paladin and so on.

My thoughts about Abilities were not posted, but, this was my idea on that point:
1. You can choose 2 abilities from the entire list, these are permanent all the way up to Alchemist.
2. The third ability choice [to be your main] is picked from the unlocked character class if you prefer.

Example:
Guardian (Personalized): Main 2: Retribution / Salvation [Can Not Change] ... Third Choice for Main: Powerstrike
Samurai Guardian (Personalized): Main 2: Retribution / Salvation [Can Not Change] ... Third Choice for Main: Multistrike (Sammy Ability)
Paladin Guardian (Personalized): Main 2: Retribution / Salvation [Can Not Change] ... Third Choice for Main: Healback (Pally Ability)
etc... you choose the 3rd from unlocked OR other as main if not happy with that.

Quote (Keo @ 14 Nov 2017 14:00)
i also like it, but i also think the item restrictions are needed, so if you wanna caster everything you will need a different setup of caster items and that will keep the economy moving.

Yes I agree, that classes should be restricted with what they can wear, so we're all on the same page there! :)

About the abilities, I would say choosing 1 is enough and then pick 1 of ur main, everyone would always go multi for a groupclimb.
If you had 2 you would ALWAYS go with multi + slapdash ( as melee) ||||| Multi + chaos (as caster)
I think getin 2 is too good imo, 1 is more realistic

You would have to decide early on as you said and plan wise for what you wanna do, as a solo-player it's way different abilities (when i solo i would never go with 3 abilities anyway, jsut too much to charge)
When I solo I prefer going FULL salvation, that way i never have to shrine even if im facing 3ep's 2-3tims per lvl, and yes I am wearing stat armors and not tanky items.

But I guess for someone who doesnt really care much for prof like myself, you could have 2 different characters for this, one for solo one for groups.

This post was edited by RistVaLL on Nov 14 2017 06:08am
Nov 14 2017 06:20am
Quote (RistVaLL @ Nov 15 2017 01:08am)
Yes I agree, that classes should be restricted with what they can wear, so we're all on the same page there! :)

About the abilities, I would say choosing 1 is enough and then pick 1 of ur main, everyone would always go multi for a groupclimb.
If you had 2 you would ALWAYS go with multi + slapdash ( as melee) ||||| Multi + chaos (as caster)
I think getin 2 is too good imo, 1 is more realistic

You would have to decide early on as you said and plan wise for what you wanna do, as a solo-player it's way different abilities (when i solo i would never go with 3 abilities anyway, jsut too much to charge)
When I solo I prefer going FULL salvation, that way i never have to shrine even if im facing 3ep's 2-3tims per lvl, and yes I am wearing stat armors and not tanky items.

But I guess for someone who doesnt really care much for prof like myself, you could have 2 different characters for this, one for solo one for groups.

I think you play solo like me... I choose Salvation all the time, then retribution as feeder, then two-hit-back from samurai on wards, this is because my heals aren't good enough since HM nerf.
I agree with you, choosing 1 permanent main is more than enough.
Gold: 2,848.72
Warn: 70%
Nov 14 2017 05:32pm
I am for it
Gold: 17,715.27
Nov 15 2017 12:29am
Sounds really fun but hard to implement. I'd love this for sure :thumbsup:
Gold: 27.91
Nov 15 2017 09:04am
Nulled, but nty.
Many people of this game strongly dislike off class casters. Can't say I blame them much other than a few very strong exceptions who have amazing items to pull it of.
I won't mention any names, I love you Dion, but yeah off class casting is a waste of anyone's time who decides to take a chance on climbing with you. Unless you are Godo, but he's a god.
Nov 15 2017 06:54pm
Quote (PhiRip @ Nov 16 2017 04:04am)
Nulled, but nty.
Many people of this game strongly dislike off class casters. Can't say I blame them much other than a few very strong exceptions who have amazing items to pull it of.
I won't mention any names, I love you Dion, but yeah off class casting is a waste of anyone's time who decides to take a chance on climbing with you. Unless you are Godo, but he's a god.

The idea does not revolve around casting, you can stat for melee. As for odd gear like 30 int axe/sword could become more versatile and worth more than 1fg for skillers to use.

Barbarian:
Strength 90 / Dexterity 10 / Intelligence 10 / Vitality 40

After looking over the classes and their set stat values, 5 is the minimum, so that should be the same with this idea, minimum of 5 in each stat and the other 130 points spent as a person wishes.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll