d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Working Out Alone Vs With Someone
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.01
Nov 14 2017 12:13pm
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Nov 14 2017 05:36pm)
This is like the Ancient Greeks asking whether space is continuous because it's such a damned good question.

I work alone or I work to learn, meaning that if I work with a partner, I want someone who can potentially show me something new or better. I don't rely on motivation because it's fleeting, so I don't look for that in a partner. The exception is when I want a partner for fun because it can be a nice break. Sometimes I've worked out with teammates in sports, and it can get competitive, which I think is great.

In my experience, partners can slack or be unreliable or disruptive even if they're people I like, and I don't like to lose focus.

So many people who say they want to lift, always end up with excuses and don't make it to the gym, They end up there once a week posting gym selfies on instagram. Those are the people I don't want to workout with.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 14 2017 06:01pm
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ 14 Nov 2017 14:13)
So many people who say they want to lift, always end up with excuses and don't make it to the gym, They end up there once a week posting gym selfies on instagram. Those are the people I don't want to workout with.

Yep. I'm a talker but as soon as I'm in the gym I stfu and want to lift things. I can't take it if someone is stopping for calls or to tell me about something they just found on the phone. And if people are late or miss the gym, it pisses me off. That's why I go lone wolf most of the time. My rule of thumb is if the talking is about the workout then it's fine but if it trails off from there then it can be continued later.

Gold: 0.00
Nov 15 2017 10:24am
I like lifting with a partner. i go to the gym alone at 5:30 in the morning. Unfortunately I cannot find a reliable partner.

Having a partner though you can lift heavier with a spot so I can actually go to failure and not be concerned that I'm gonna die.

Getting gains and increasing the amount of weight you lift >

Harder when you go solo to get those increases. And I don't trust the idiots at my gym at that time of day. I'd rather lift less weight by muelf than some dumb fuck doing bar curls while I'm trying to bench.
Gold: 450.51
Nov 15 2017 04:06pm
Solo, just changed gyms because of some trespassing and exposure at the last.

I know literally no one over there and it feels great. Met a few bros cause we dont talk to girls.
Nov 15 2017 09:38pm
Quote (GodisLove @ Nov 15 2017 10:06pm)
Solo, just changed gyms because of some trespassing and exposure at the last.

I know literally no one over there and it feels great. Met a few bros cause we dont talk to girls.

I wanna talk to this chick at my gym so bad and she's throwing signals, but I have the shittiest workouts whenever I talk to anyone. I actually engage in convo, just my personality.

Anyway her ass is so fucking phat but it's winter and I need my gains. I digress.
Gold: 450.51
Nov 16 2017 12:22pm
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ Nov 16 2017 04:38am)
I wanna talk to this chick at my gym so bad and she's throwing signals, but I have the shittiest workouts whenever I talk to anyone. I actually engage in convo, just my personality.

Anyway her ass is so fucking phat but it's winter and I need my gains. I digress.

It's good to lust over beautiful women in the gym, that's fuel for your workout. I gawk and stare intensely and when they look I turn around and force rep after rep, giving 100% and when done, catch my breath and continue staring. Dedicate that set to them, cause I know they judge my intensity because it carries over to the bedroom.

Never jerk it 5 hours before either.
Nov 16 2017 01:53pm
Quote (GodisLove @ Nov 16 2017 06:22pm)
It's good to lust over beautiful women in the gym, that's fuel for your workout. I gawk and stare intensely and when they look I turn around and force rep after rep, giving 100% and when done, catch my breath and continue staring. Dedicate that set to them, cause I know they judge my intensity because it carries over to the bedroom.

Never jerk it 5 hours before either.

LOL.
Gold: 2,188.00
Nov 18 2017 06:00pm
Gotta be solo, partners always seem to add too much time.
Gold: 5.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 24 2017 11:43pm
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ Nov 14 2017 01:13pm)

eh
i don't go much more than once or twice a week but i've gotten shredded from it
2-3 hours 1-2x/week
it's usually the asian guys who are there 5-6 days/week. you can guess what's being compensated for
key is to work out smartly, not just frequently
the proper angles for your workout
supersetting
and dietary control
u don't need 15 hours a week in the gym to look and feel great.
Gold: 5.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 24 2017 11:55pm
Quote (GoatSY @ Nov 15 2017 11:24am)
I like lifting with a partner. i go to the gym alone at 5:30 in the morning. Unfortunately I cannot find a reliable partner.

Having a partner though you can lift heavier with a spot so I can actually go to failure and not be concerned that I'm gonna die.

Getting gains and increasing the amount of weight you lift >

Harder when you go solo to get those increases. And I don't trust the idiots at my gym at that time of day. I'd rather lift less weight by muelf than some dumb fuck doing bar curls while I'm trying to bench.

it's that true lifting alone yields lesser gains because you can't max out
question you really need to ask yourself tho is what are you really gaining for?
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll