d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Lacie External Hard Drive Not Showing Up
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 41,504.11
Nov 8 2017 02:17am
Hello!

My Lacie external is not showing up on my desktop but is showing up on my laptop. On my desktop's Disk Management, it shows up as healthy but it doesnt show up in My Computer.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Jr Admin
Gold: 248,806.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 8 2017 03:41am
From Disk Management on your desktop (where it's not showing in My Computer), mark your Lacie drive's partition as Active. If it still doesn't work, try connecting it directly to your motherboard on the back (if you were using front I/O to begin with).
And make sure any driver software for the drive, if required, is installed on your desktop.
Nov 8 2017 08:35pm
Quote (Arkhen @ Nov 8 2017 01:41am)
From Disk Management on your desktop (where it's not showing in My Computer), mark your Lacie drive's partition as Active. If it still doesn't work, try connecting it directly to your motherboard on the back (if you were using front I/O to begin with).
And make sure any driver software for the drive, if required, is installed on your desktop.

Thanks for posting.

Tried all your methods and it still wont show up. It shows up in Disk Management and even in my new downloaded Hard Drive Manager but not in My Computer.

I also tried to format but there is no way to do this in Disk Management nor in the Hard Drive Manager.

Anyone else know how to fix this?
Nov 8 2017 08:46pm
Quote (lifehouse @ Nov 8 2017 06:35pm)
Thanks for posting.

Tried all your methods and it still wont show up. It shows up in Disk Management and even in my new downloaded Hard Drive Manager but not in My Computer.

I also tried to format but there is no way to do this in Disk Management nor in the Hard Drive Manager.

Anyone else know how to fix this?

nvm, i just deleted the volume somehow and formatted it after

Thanks Arkhen!
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll