d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft > Classic Servers Announced
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Warn: 60%
Dec 28 2017 11:23pm
Quote (Anton24 @ Dec 24 2017 01:48pm)
Just weapons; a lot of the pro pvpers would just slow/outrange and kite within charge range or hunter deadzone and swap trinkets or maybe a pvp item like goblin rocket helm or gnomish death ray or something.

There's a million tricks people have probably forgotten about that make it a whole new ballgame. Totem stacking, purge having a longer range than charge, feral powershifting. I love Vanilla and have been playing private servers for 3 years or more.

As for raiding classes, there are plenty of guilds that allow meme specs and yolo builds, even in the private server scene. But it's no coincidence that they struggle a bit more than your meta-gamed cookie cutter raid comps.

Early on, until mid-to-late BWL when ZG gets patched, melee just shits on everything. Rogues and Warriors. You can YouTube stuff like NOPE and Dreamstate 25-minute MC/BWL clears and you'll see 16 Warriors and 6 Rogues out of 40 people.

Once casters have access to Bloodvine, trinkets, and offset gear acquired, and debuffs slots opened, casters roar back into contention, especially Warlocks.

Hunters fall off really hard after BWL but every guild still needs 2 or so for tranq shot on lile Huhuran. Ret is a joke but has it's niche utility and you're always going to find guilds giving Hand of Rag to their Rets, Shamans, and some Warriors. I have actually seen quite a few Feral Tanks tanking any boss imaginable, even hard-hitters like Broodlord Lashlayer, but not until their healers overgear the content.

Anyone looking to DPS or tank in raids should also take engineering. Widely considered a must for PvP, goblin sappers offer massive aoe damage and good threat generation.

Prebis is no joke. You can roll into MC with greens but you'll do damage some people do in Zul'farrak and you'll quickly learn there's a reason for prebis lists, optimal specs, blah blah blah. It's a lot different from now where diversity is huge and all classes have huge bags of tricks for healing, threat gen and drops, buff and raid utility, so on and so forth.

What I really love about vanilla is that it is a long con. It takes months or even years to get geared, and your investment in communal play pays it's dividends. Guild hoppers, raid loggers, slackers, loot whores, all are tagged and noted by every guild. The pro players know who is pro from the first Deadmines they run and beyond. Once you see a tank marking targets with proper priority and quickly, mindful of healer mana, you'll want guys like that every run.

It's the same in PvP too. PvP is skill-based, to an extent, but it's a long con. I hit rank 12 solo queuing on a max pop server (Elysium PvP) over a 3-month stretch where I played 5-6 hours a day and went doubly hard on BG holidays.

Spend your gold wisely and don't train every skill, crafting professions are good if you are mindful of what people want to purchase. Like every Horde player entering Ashenvale knows they need a Deadly Blunderbuss from an Engineer to get an early blue item available at level 22. Low level Engineers that make 200 of these have a quick 150g pre-30 and put themselves in a position to max train their class and have a mount and full 16 slot bags before they hit 40. Otherwise, take a gathering profession like herbalism and stockpile black lotus (bind on pickup) until it gets patched to be bind on equip. Say you have 25 or more, bam, you're rich. Otherwise you go alchemy and make flasks of you're fortunate enough to win a recipe.

There's a big problem with people needing on gear they don't need to sell. Entitlement is strong. Don't expect Stockade Pauldrons to be given to you as a Warrior when a mage in your group knows he can sell it for 1/5th of his epic mount total. Be wary and be friendly. Be communal and vocal. It pays off when those items drop. Trust me.

If anyone else has questions I'd love to answer, just threw out some random info for anyone still on board with the hype and eagerly waiting.

or just get your classic wow gold on jsp huhu
Go Back To World of Warcraft Topic List
Prev1678
Add Reply New Topic New Poll