d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Has Anyone Burnt Their Bridge With Previous Empl > Real Life Dilemma
Prev123
Closed New Topic
Gold: 3,392.60
Oct 24 2017 06:57am
Quote (Lonzo @ Oct 22 2017 10:39pm)
Just got my performance evaluation and got a 4 % salary raise which is a joke considering the amount of value I give and how dumb my manager is.

I basically semi automated half the tedious reports to 1-2 hours for my manager that took months. Why did it take a month? Because thats what happens when an incompetent person reaches management.

Would be fine if i'm learning right? Nope this scum tries to take all the credit and brags 24-7 to others. Basically im doing their fucking job while being micro managed.

Im thinking of leaving and deleting all the templates and codes i wrote. Would this fuck me over legally? Password lock it? How do i do it so I.T cant just roll back.

1. Understand that being intelligent is not equal to being smart. An intelligent person has a high IQ; a smart person has a high paycheck.
So your "dumb" manager is "intellectually dumb" for the lack of technical information they possess; however, they are "extremely smart" to instead manipulate you to: 1) do their job AND 2) get the high salary for it AND 3) get the credit for it.
Because the reality is - is that you're the one who is not "smart" to: A.) not have protected your code, B.) to give your unprotected code to someone else, C.) to just not have played the ignorant card like they did to their boss from the very beginning and say "I don't know how to automate." These people are dragons, and to fight dragons you need to learn how to become a dragon.

2. Just like things can work, they can also break; should this report system/programming code/macro/software (whatever you wrote) *somehow break*, feign ignorance, if your boss comes after your job for fixing it on the basis of performance, remind them and their boss that he/she "made it" according to all the credit they took, so he/she should be able to fix it since they took credit for "making it". Play hardball with these people just like they play hardball with you.

3. Hard drive crashes *happen all the time*, would be unfortunate for a hard drive crash to delete all the templates and codes you wrote as that would be beyond your control.

4. Sounds like your boss is a woman; is your boss a woman?

This post was edited by D2JSPUserII on Oct 24 2017 07:20am
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Prev123
Closed New Topic