d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > Are Lakers That Bad
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73.65
Oct 23 2017 10:02am
Kept thinking of Ball as like a better shooting Rondo, because they are both elite passers/rebounders. While Rondo was good out of the gate as a defender, and Ball isn't, (can't expect most rookies to be anyways,) I would've expected similar struggles. But it seems like even Ball's shooting is worse. Brutal 41% TS through 3 games, (Ronod's career TS% is 50%), but I presume him and Fultz may have better chance of ROY, given Laker's hype machines, and plenty of empty triple doubles in the long run.

EDIT: To answer OP's question, yes the Lakers really are that bad. Ingram isn't panning out too well, he's a project, but man.. His woeful .39% FG is really awful... Randle apparently is displeased with his role, and it seems like the Lakers are intent on keeping Clarkson. All I can hope is that the Lakers end up being the worst team next to the Suns, and we end up with a top 2-5 pick, lol.

I think it was too early to shoot the gun on trading D'Angelo Russell. While that back court would be horrible defensively, I felt like Russell could play off ball occasionally, especially in C&S opportunities, and spot up.

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Oct 23 2017 10:07am
Gold: 16.80
Oct 23 2017 10:05am
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ Oct 23 2017 10:02am)
Kept thinking of Ball as like a better shooting Rondo, because they are both elite passers/rebounders. While Rondo was good out of the gate as a defender, and Ball isn't, (can't expect most rookies to be anyways,) I would've expected similar struggles. But it seems like even Ball's shooting is worse. Brutal 41% TS through 3 games, (Ronod's career TS% is 50%), but I presume him and Fultz may have better chance of ROY, given Laker's hype machines, and plenty of empty triple doubles in the long run.

Wait... rondo got drafted to the Celtics when they had the big 3 didn't he? Was the number 4 option on a team and you're comparing his defense and shooting percent to the number 1 option on a shit sandwich team?
Gold: 73.65
Oct 23 2017 10:14am
Quote (Fezbang @ Oct 23 2017 10:05am)
Wait... rondo got drafted to the Celtics when they had the big 3 didn't he? Was the number 4 option on a team and you're comparing his defense and shooting percent to the number 1 option on a shit sandwich team?

Comparing their similar skill sets and yeah I agree being very harsh on Ball, but high expectations on him. Lakers nation is depending heavily on him. So while everyone struggles rookie season, fultz has had it even worse lol.

Who's your ROY?

This post was edited by pAiLiXziX on Oct 23 2017 10:14am
Gold: 7.27
Oct 23 2017 10:17am
Quote (pAiLiXziX @ Oct 23 2017 12:14pm)
Comparing their similar skill sets and yeah I agree being very harsh on Ball, but high expectations on him. Lakers nation is depending heavily on him. So while everyone struggles rookie season, fultz has had it even worse lol.

Who's your ROY?

He goes by the name of Lauri Markannen.
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll