d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Diablo 2 Or 3? > Return?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 31.00
Oct 20 2017 08:59am
Quote (memoism @ Oct 20 2017 09:53am)
it actually had potential. ofc was something completely different than d2 but fun, even played some lld there.

but blizzard showed so often they dont care, that in the end nobody cared anymore and the bit of pvp crowd quit the game. The whole "selffound only" change put it entirely to death.

so you just won't find anybody to play against

I remember the pvp in d3 being brain dead retarded. There was one class with one setup that completely dominated. I can’t remember specifics though, that game was so forgettable.
Gold: 0.69
Oct 20 2017 09:23am
Quote (Relm @ Oct 20 2017 10:59am)
I remember the pvp in d3 being brain dead retarded. There was one class with one setup that completely dominated. I can’t remember specifics though, that game was so forgettable.

Was the witch doctor, that was crazy op.

There was no click accuracy required for nearly all the classes. Slow paced. Player with better gear won. No skill necessary.

Needless to say, when an avid D2 player walks into a D3 brawling arena, holds shift to spam haunting spirits and win.... I gaveup all hope, and back to D2 I went

This post was edited by destroyered on Oct 20 2017 09:24am
Gold: 9,715.81
Oct 20 2017 09:50am
Quote (Relm @ Oct 20 2017 04:59pm)

yeah that was later. Barbs were viable, could heal like crazy, DHs were pretty strong, could burst WDs away with Impale and Fan of Knives, Monks could burst like crazy with Bell. For a while it was ok, then more and more op items got implemented for PvM and the 1shot fest began.

it sure was slower but you had to aim and in lower brackets good timing was essential. I mean i was probably one of max 30 people on eu who played 30 and 10 but despite the massive issues d3 got, this i did enjoy.

well.. whatever - d3 pvp was alive for maybe max a week and i doubt with their "diablo is a pvm game" talk it will be any different in d4
Gold: 31.00
Oct 20 2017 10:19am
Quote (memoism @ Oct 20 2017 10:50am)
yeah that was later. Barbs were viable, could heal like crazy, DHs were pretty strong, could burst WDs away with Impale and Fan of Knives, Monks could burst like crazy with Bell. For a while it was ok, then more and more op items got implemented for PvM and the 1shot fest began.

it sure was slower but you had to aim and in lower brackets good timing was essential. I mean i was probably one of max 30 people on eu who played 30 and 10 but despite the massive issues d3 got, this i did enjoy.

well.. whatever - d3 pvp was alive for maybe max a week and i doubt with their "diablo is a pvm game" talk it will be any different in d4

Blizzard is a completely different company than it was 20 years ago. Blizzard North doesn’t even exist anymore so don’t expect games similar to their legacy games to ever happen again.
Gold: 560.00
Oct 20 2017 11:06am
in regards to the original poster's questions, some people have already given pretty good answers (others have not) but based on my own experiences d2 is still relatively active. you just have to stop comparing it to its golden days cause those days are long gone, but for people who just enjoy playing the game solo or just for PvM / MF it's not a big deal.

and PvP definitely seems more active on US East atm, like others stated you're probably better off waiting til ladder reset but if you're non-ladder then i guess ti doesn't matter as much. i recently came back to the game as well (in August) and it's been pretty pleasant. hope this helps somewhat

This post was edited by ChumpO on Oct 20 2017 11:07am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 20 2017 11:23am
Quote (ChumpO @ Oct 20 2017 11:06am)
in regards to the original poster's questions, some people have already given pretty good answers (others have not) but based on my own experiences d2 is still relatively active. you just have to stop comparing it to its golden days cause those days are long gone, but for people who just enjoy playing the game solo or just for PvM / MF it's not a big deal.

and PvP definitely seems more active on US East atm, like others stated you're probably better off waiting til ladder reset but if you're non-ladder then i guess ti doesn't matter as much. i recently came back to the game as well (in August) and it's been pretty pleasant. hope this helps somewhat

Thanks.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll