d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile >
Poll > Hypothetical Scenario 1. > New End Game
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 489.12
Oct 20 2017 05:56pm
Trading part: 26:15-27:15
And trading is a very difficult topic in path of exile because unanimously all the vocal players want it to be easier. the fact that we're not making trading easier, is a major they don't understand, they have no idea why we have that policy and this is difficult because we don't want to hurt the players but at the same time we don't want the effects that you get when you can trivialy upgrade your character to max within a few days of his starting. I mean like when I played using the auction house both in Diablo 3 and other games I was playing the auction house a lot more than I was actually killing monsters. 99% of my upgrades came from there and it was a completely different game and one that i enjoyed less than actually killing monsters. the nice thing about no trade in Diablo 3 of course is that you actually get the experience of finding and upgrade your character and that's a really good feeling and kind of the core behind action rpg's and that's why we want a hybrid approach where trading is cumbersome. you know you can't do it trivially, there's a cost to it in terms of time and frustration and we want to take some of that frustration away but at the same time it's never gonna become particularly fast.

https://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/path-of-exile-interview-chris-wilson-podcast

Chris Wilson, D2 podcast
Gold: 12,916.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 20 2017 06:01pm
Quote (Lamperouge @ Oct 21 2017 01:56am)
Trading part: 26:15-27:15
And trading is a very difficult topic in path of exile because unanimously all the vocal players want it to be easier. the fact that we're not making trading easier, is a major they don't understand, they have no idea why we have that policy and this is difficult because we don't want to hurt the players but at the same time we don't want the effects that you get when you can trivialy upgrade your character to max within a few days of his starting. I mean like when I played using the auction house both in Diablo 3 and other games I was playing the auction house a lot more than I was actually killing monsters. 99% of my upgrades came from there and it was a completely different game and one that i enjoyed less than actually killing monsters. the nice thing about no trade in Diablo 3 of course is that you actually get the experience of finding and upgrade your character and that's a really good feeling and kind of the core behind action rpg's and that's why we want a hybrid approach where trading is cumbersome. you know you can't do it trivially, there's a cost to it in terms of time and frustration and we want to take some of that frustration away but at the same time it's never gonna become particularly fast.

https://www.diabloii.net/blog/comments/path-of-exile-interview-chris-wilson-podcast

Chris Wilson, D2 podcast

tldr: chris doesnt like auction houses so we will never have one :mellow:
Gold: 90.58
Oct 20 2017 07:58pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 20 2017 05:01pm)
tldr: chris doesnt like auction houses so we will never have one :mellow:

good

don't need automation or an item's worth will be slowly degraded. we don't need that

glad he's actually sticking to some core values

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Oct 20 2017 07:58pm
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll