d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Compendium Of Wwid To Change The Game > Wwid= What Would I Do
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,465.71
Oct 16 2017 01:05am
This is not the absolute 'Would Do' - This is a list of subjects that I would ask the balancing team would be ideal, a step in the right direction, or feasible. I wouldn't use any of these numbers without testing as this is all purely hypothetical and some of these changes would probably break the game in some unforeseen way I have not thought of.

These changes are incomplete because I have work and stayed up too long and am forcing myself to stahp b4 I have to chug a 5hr energy all day tomorrow =-=

tl;dr is tl;dr d2jspna thread, downvote.
tl;dr Made Boss loot cool, Changed some Skills/Mechanics, Made Hybrid cool, Made Physical Spells less gay, Fuck Headhunter, Fuck current bosses being a dps race, Fuck Vaal Pact, and Fuck Golemancer kill all content by being dead bullshit
//
Explosive Arrow changes
Explosive Arrow explosions now deal 15% more damage per charge if only 1 target is hit. Maximum 300% more damage.
Explosive Arrow will automatically explode upon reaching 20 stacks.
Explosive Arrow Mana cost reduced from 27 at level 20 to 18.
//
Elemental Hit changes
Elemental Hit mana cost reduced from 12 at level 20 to 8.
When Lightning is selected 2 bolts of electricity will hit the target. (Projectile)(Cannot Pierce)(Can Chain)(Cannot Fork)
When Cold is selected a frost arrow will explode from the target's location(Cold Snap size). (Projectile)(Cannot Pierce)(Cannot Chain,)(Can Fork)(Area of Effect)
When Fire is selected a flaming projectile. (Projectile)(Can Pierce)(Cannot Chain)(Cannot Fork)
Quality grants 1-10% chance to Shock, Freeze, and Ignite.
//
New Jewel:
Primeval Aches
Limited to 2.
+2-5% Increased Chance to Shock, Freeze, and Ignite.
Elemental Hit has a chance to Chain 2 Additional Times equal to your chance to Shock.
Elemental Hit has a chance to Fork 2 Additional Times equal to your chance to Freeze.
Elemental Hit has a chance to Pierce 2 Additional Targets equal to your chance to Ignite.
//
Zana
Killing a boss in a map that has been modified by Zana now grants experience equal to a mission of that map tier at 10/15/20% effectiveness.
Multiple bosses that are in a map must ALL be defeated for this experience to be granted.
Rolling double boss will grant double the experience if all bosses are defeated, and the same experience if one SET of boss/bosses are defeated.
//
All bosses now have telegraphed wide Area of Affect skills that are either block-able or dodge-able. You most likely won't survive these in red maps.
Example: Shaper's Slam
//
All bosses now are Arena based and protect 3 chests.
Chests are affected by rarity and quantity of the map mods only.
Chests items are itemlevel of the boss +2.
Chest 1 - Completion / Kill
Chest 2 - Rare Map / Kill
Chest 3 - New Map Mod - Panic ; Bosses have 4 tiers above their normal Health (T5 = T9 Life pool)
Chest 3 - A Boss possessed will always unlock this chest if defeated
Chest 3 - Always drops a tier of the same map level or above. Is not affected by Completion Bonus.
//
All bosses have been revamped to have a minimum life pool depending on tier of map
Tier 1-5 500,000 Base Life
Tier 6-10 1,000,000 Base Life
Tier 11-15 3,000,000 Base Life
(Each tier grants 10% Increased life)
- Boss Corpses cannot explode
//
Normal Maps (White) have 50% Less boss health (Does not apply to Guardians)
Magic Maps (Blue) have 25% Less boss health (Does not apply to Guardians)
//
New Skill: Generic type 'Block'
You are invulnerable to incoming attacks/spells for 0.5 seconds, you cannot move, cannot be used while stunned or frozen, cooldown: 15 seconds.
Templar = The Hand of God
Witch = The Evil Within
Shadow = Meld
Ranger = Ultra Instinct(Episode 112 is going to be lit af fam)
Duelist = Danse Macabre(Duelist seems Spanish/French)
Marauder = Brute Resolve(Face Tank)
//
Completely remove Vaal Pact
New Stat:
Critical Leech - Leech that is instantly applied(Health=Life & Energy Shield)
Critical Leech cannot bypass the 20% Maximum per second cap. This cap can be increased by various sources.
Critical Leech does not require you to critically strike your target. You must HIT to Critically Leech.
Tier 1: 12-15%, Tier 2: 8-11%, Tier 3: 4-7%
ilvl Req: 70, 77, 84

- Health Gain on Hit prioritizes life before energy shield. Health Gain on Hit will always prioritize Life before energy shield while Eldrich Battery is allocated, and will not grant energy shield on hit for health gain unless Ghost Reaver is allocated.
//
Removed/Changed Mods:
Life %Physical Damage Leech on Gloves/Amulets/Rings/Weapons
Mana %Physical Damage Leech on Gloves/Amulets/Rings/Weapons
Life Gain on Hit on Rings/Claws/All Implicits
//
Implicit Changes:
All Life Gain On Hit is now Health Gain on Hit
//
New Prefixes:
Gloves: Instant Health Leech 4-11% of leech is applied instantly(Critical Leech)
Amulets: Instant Health Leech 4-15% of leech is applied instantly(Critical Leech)
Gloves: Instant Mana Leech 4-11% of leech is applied instantly(Critical Leech)
Amulets: Instant Mana Leech 4-15% of leech is applied instantly(Critical Leech)
Weapons: +10% of your maximum health per second to maximum Health Leech Rate, 0.4% of Attack Damage leeched as Health
Rings: Instant Mana Leech 4-11% of leech is applied instantly(Critical Leech)
Steel Rings: Instant Health Leech 4-11% of Physical Damage leech is applied instantly(Critical Leech)
Opal Rings: Instant Health Leech 4-11 of Elemental Damage leech is applied instantly(Critical Leech)
Marble Amulet: Instant Mana Leech 4-15% of leech is applied instantly(Critical Leech)
//
Atziri's Acuity - 50% Critical Life and Mana Leech
//
New Suffixes:
Rings: Health gain on Hit
//
Replacing Life Gain on Hit with - Health gain on Hit - Applies to Life & Energy Shield
//
Acrobatics no longer has dodge
Phase Acroboatics no longer has spell dodge
Acrobatics now grants 25% MORE evasion - 50% Less Armor & Energy Shield. 30% Less Chance to block spells and attacks.
Acrobatics buff - Reduce damage taken by 20% for 1 second when hit by physical damage. (4 second Cooldown)
Phase Acrobatics now grants phasing if you have been hit recently. Phasing gives you 5% damage reduction.
Phase Acrobatics buff - Reduce damage taken by 15% for 1 second when hit by spells. (4 second Cooldown)
The 3 nodes between Acrobatics and Phase acrobatics now grant 5% evasion and 25% chance to phase when hit for 4 seconds(Each)
//
- Physical spells double stack this damage reduction but put both on cooldown. (EK/Bladefall/ECT)
//
Items that grant %Dodge increase the effectiveness of the buff
For example: Quartz Infusion would grant 6% Increased effectiveness of acrobatics damage reduction
//
Arrow Dancing remade
Arrow Dancing now reads " Reduces your stationary and in-motion hitbox "
Arrow Dancing reduces your projectile hitbox by 35%
//
Iron Reflexes now grants Base armor equal to your dexterity attribute
There are now 4 nodes behind Iron Reflexes
A larger Keystone called Astral Infusion is now behind Iron Reflxes, between 3 nodes (Like Acrobatics/Phase)
The nodes between Iron Reflexes and Astral Infusion increases global defenses by 5%
Astral Infusion is a new keystone that converts all energy shield into base armor at 200% value
//
- Having 0 Energy shield is considered having full energy shield 0/0.
//
Eldrich Battery has been changed
Eldrich Battery now grants 25% of your unreserved mana as extra energy shield.
Eldrich Battery now converts 30% of your mana regeneration as energy shield regeneration.
Eldrich Battery now converts 30% of your mana leech as energy shield recovery.
Recharge Rate of Energy shield now increases the effectiveness of energy shield regeneration.
//
Ghost Reaver now reads Health leech can be applied to Energy Shield.
Ghost Reaver now prioritizes Energy Shield before Life Pool for leeching.
Ghost Reaver will divide leech according to the percentage loss of each pool.
IE: 50% life 50% Energy Shield = 50% of the leech going to both ways. Maximum rate will remain the same (20%/second of pool)
+10% Increase of maximum health per second to maximum leech rate will increase health maximums to 30% and divide only that pool. 15% Life 10% Mana
//
Frenzy Charges, Power Charges, and Endurance Charges have been changed.
//
Frenzy Charges now Grant 4% more Damage, Cast Speed, Movespeed, and Attack speed
Power Charges now Grant 4% more Ailment Damage, 8% more Critical Strike Chance, 4% more Critical Strike Multiplier
Endurance Charges now Grant 3% less Damage taken(Works on Traps and bleeds, not degens), 8% less Critical Strike Damage taken, and 3% more life regeneration
//
Perfect Agony has been changed
Initial Hit Critical Damage reduced by 30% instead of all Hits
//
Templar Ascendency Hierophant " Illuminated Devotion " has been changed
Illuminated Devotion added:
Skills from your Weapons and Shield grant Arcane Surge Buff on use (Level of active skill gem -5 levels)(Level 21 Active Skill = Level 16 Arcane Surge)(Minimum level 1 Arcane Surge)
The node before "Illuminated Devotion" has been changed, now reading 10% Increased Area of Effect of Area skills rather than 10% Increased Damage.
//
Golems now disappear after 2 seconds when the summoner has died
Golems follow you from zone to zone.
Golems heal whenever the player levels or the gem levels up.
Golems do not move when a player enters a zone.
Golems are not aggressive during grace period when a player zones in.
Golems will prioritize targets the player is attacking with default attacks or spells specifically aimed at a target for more than 1 second.
//
Divination Cards:
The Doctor has been removed from specific maps.
The Fiend has been removed from specific maps.
All Unique-granting cards have had their requirement to turn-in doubled. The chance to drop has also been doubled.
//
Divination Cards are now affected by rarity. Cards of low tier are now affected by rarity to increase the tier of the drop.
IE: Rain of Chaos which drops in Castle Ruins may be changed to find The Fox or The Road to Power.
Gold: 489.12
Oct 16 2017 01:10am
:baby:

Kinda long, I'll read it when I wake up.
Gold: 1,399.31
Oct 16 2017 01:41am
I feel some of your changes would not be in spirit of the game, i.e. tying ascendancy passive (Illuminated Devotion) to certain skill (Arcane Surge).

On the other hand there are some ideas I really like.

Giving power charges and endurance charges more things they change like frenzy charge.
I'd leave endurance charge as is (phys and elemental reduction) plus add 4% reduced extra damage from critical strikes.

I also like Iron Reflexes increasing your base armour by your dexterity, and maybe having something behind that keystone that also does something with armor and it's effectiveness with big hits, so people would actually consider investing into armor.
Gold: 489.12
Oct 16 2017 01:42am
Quote (Lamperouge @ Oct 16 2017 08:10am)
:baby:

Kinda long, I'll read it when I wake up.

All these changes seems rather minor, What you're purposing is.... Rather small in the grand scope of game design, you're just tweaking numbers, there is only a very few amount of game play/ playstyles, Poe offers, PoE is a ARPG, with no endgame in sight, or rather, quote from a few years ago, "Dried lake" is the "END GAME", our last 3.0 expansion, is content at lower levels, as in, it is content that you only run ONCE for questing, in the grand scheme of things, including mapping etc, 3.0 expansion has expanded 2-5% of actual game play, evidently, it'll be included in 3.1, but like i said, numerical only.

There's a certain amount of support gems / new gems that comes out, These take time, and obviously GGG are stretched thin on this department, but does that really offer a solution to the real problem? Players reroll and play a different character, because they are bored, they are bored because the core game play is the same, there is essentially no goal, level 100? It takes a good player 4 days, 15 if you play SSF, playing 20 hours aday, say you play 5 hours aday, and is semi competent level 100 should only take 60 days of of consecutively playing (sounds alot, but really isn't), most the playerbase have reached, on average lvl 93 to even get the "Online" status on poe.trade, 3-4 years ago, that "online" ladder was level 83.

Offering new Playstyles in the form of New gems as NEW content is lazy, numbers tweaking is shit, ARPG's is a dungeon crawler, you collect, and you craft, Let's face it, all of us here knows, its better to buy GG Shit off noobs, rather than making it themselves, As in, the "Fun" of crafting is nullified, and not everyone can experience it.

M12
Gold: 0.69
Oct 16 2017 02:21am
How do I downvote?
Gold: 5,408.30
Oct 16 2017 02:46am
When Reset?
Gold: 90.58
Oct 16 2017 02:49am
Quote (InfinityCyrax @ Oct 16 2017 12:46am)
When Reset?

when d4 ?
Gold: 1,341.48
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2017 03:31am
Stop
Gold: Locked
Oct 16 2017 04:05am
Quote (mesmerist @ 16 Oct 2017 10:21)
How do I downvote?

When redit isn't enough you copy paste to jsp i guess...
Gold: 12,916.00
Warn: 30%
Oct 16 2017 11:03am
hi all!
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll