d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > Runescape Population Discussion > For You Rs3 Vs Osrs Lovers
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 19 2017 12:50pm
Quote (Kokua @ Oct 19 2017 12:46pm)
Honestly never used reddit before, so idk wtf I'm supposed to be looking at.

Keeping a game running is one thing, making profit is another thing.
If introducing something that gives people the option to spend extra money on their product boosts their profits by 30%, why wouldn't they do it?
Mtx is a fairly standard thing now-a-days, hardly anything to be outraged over.
Almost everything obtainable via Treasure Hunter is obtainable without having to spend any money.
There are no explicit benefits from wearing a lucky version of T70/chaotics compared to their regular counterparts, apart from a cosmetic difference.
Many of the previously SoF/TH exclusives are being made obtainable from simply playing the game.
On top of that, they do SO MUCH to give you these things for free.
They give you the option to buy keys, but they also make keys obtainable for free every day, as free extra rewards for quests, and obtainable from spending bonds on keys - no money needed.
If one person is willing to spend a years worth of subscription for a week or two's worth of bonus experience, who seems to be benefiting more out of this situation?
What hurts more? Someone who pays for bxp and then goes out to earn that exp, or someone who runs a simple macro and gains 30m+ xp at the risk of a 1 day temp ban, minor macro offense, and no xp rollback?
Does one individual's rate of experience gain really affect you that much?
More often than not, you won't know and won't care, unless you personally know someone who just loves to tell you about how much they spend and what they gain.
The game is old enough to where those people paying for boosts in experience are more often than not years behind anything noteworthy on the high scores.
For anyone who wants to make an argument of people buying keys to get "ez gold" then please, find the statistics of hitting the 200m pot of gold, and compare it to bonds at least. Then compare it to the fg:rsgp ratio. Then compare it to other sources.

I'd actually be curious as to which parts of mtx that people dislike.
I understand the experience, tied along with people's general lack of knowledge that all forms of bonus xp and xp rewards are excluded during the only times skills are actually competitive - when they're just newly released.
I don't understand why people think keys are a legitimate and reliable source of gold, as literally anything else would give you more gold for your money, with less than 1% chance of this not being a true statement in a few specific cases.
Any lucky gear obtainable is mostly for cosmetic purposes, as obtaining the regular version would be much cheaper to do. Obtaining a lucky chaotic might be a fast pass to obtaining the item, but you still need tokens to charge it.
Many of the skilling outfits are already made or will become available through playing the game, when they were exclusive for so long.
Protean items and dummies offer decent afkable experience, but absolutely zero chance of obtaining the pet for that skill from those items, and are rarely obtained outside of their promotions.
The skill related rewards from treasure hunter are almost all trash, or things that you'll leave in your bank and forget about, and are the most recommended rewards to block.
Portables are absolutely loved by the community, and random people will thank you for dropping some down when you want to use it, plus it's convenient skilling at the bank.
Silverhawks, dragon necklaces, springs, notepaper and such items offer different ways to do things, and are by no means necessary, but may prove beneficial to those lower levels, and people mindlessly grinding, or simply dislike agility.
Yep, I was one of those people who paid 200m gold for silverhawks so I didn't have to run agility courses, and got 99 agility while I skilled my way to max. Notice I spent gold on a specific item from TH as opposed to purchasing keys with hopes of obtaining it.
From that 200m gold spent, it's quite likely that came from several hundred people making a few hundred thousand gold each, and likely many of those were obtained from free keys, possibly purchased by someone else who was flipping them for a small profit.
Now some people think it's absolutely crazy to spend 200m on a skill that would otherwise be free to train, but hey, it's gold I earned in game, and how I decide to spend my gold is my choice based on whats available, right?

Can't read this wall of text anymore, but I'm referring to Jagex as a company keeping their game running.

Runescape is their only successful game, all their other projects have failed.
Gold: 1,065.00
Oct 19 2017 02:14pm
For pepole who dont have much spare time I would say RS3 over OSRS.
So I'm an RS3 player.

I have played Runescpae since 2004/2005. I dissliked EOC at first, but when they added revolution combat its ok.

Top 5 what I like about RS3(never played OSRS so maybe you guys have some of these):

1) Bank presets
2) Priff and golden city(speeds skilling up by a ton)
3) Hop world function
4) Action bars( I sucked at prayer switching at RS2 :D )
5) Dungeoneering/ Invention/ 120 slayer (divination is cancer)

What I miss from RS2

1) PVP
2) Nice little community of nerds
Gold: 2,420.00
Oct 19 2017 03:19pm
Quote (meyer545 @ Oct 19 2017 12:52pm)
basically all pages speaks for themselves, roasting rs3 and talk about how the game is dying.
look at the osrs reddit pages, you'll see people quitting rs3 and coming to osrs.
a huge part of the community uses reddit to make their voices heard because the mods actually reads posts there.
i believe if that rs3 has the potential to become great again, all they need to do is to listen to the players once in a while..

https://i.imgur.com/Y2099jI.jpg
https://i.redd.it/d1x5dfl61osz.png

Reddit is shit and people who use it are shit
Gold: 2.00
Oct 19 2017 03:30pm
Quote (Tapir @ Oct 19 2017 03:14pm)
For pepole who dont have much spare time I would say RS3 over OSRS.
So I'm an RS3 player.

I have played Runescpae since 2004/2005. I dissliked EOC at first, but when they added revolution combat its ok.

Top 5 what I like about RS3(never played OSRS so maybe you guys have some of these):

1) Bank presets
2) Priff and golden city(speeds skilling up by a ton)
3) Hop world function
4) Action bars( I sucked at prayer switching at RS2 :D )
5) Dungeoneering/ Invention/ 120 slayer (divination is cancer)

What I miss from RS2

1) PVP
2) Nice little community of nerds

Definitely agree, I appreciate the action bars and preset functionality.

Oct 19 2017 03:31pm
Quote (Noobalator @ Oct 19 2017 01:50pm)
Can't read this wall of text anymore, but I'm referring to Jagex as a company keeping their game running.

Runescape is their only successful game, all their other projects have failed.

Rip that transformers moba
Gold: 0.00
Oct 19 2017 03:46pm
Quote (Jupe @ Oct 19 2017 11:19pm)
Reddit is shit and people who use it are shit

it's shit because you're in denial.
but you're Jupe so i forgive you.
nice ironman btw. :^) i'd probs continue as well with stats like that.

This post was edited by meyer545 on Oct 19 2017 03:48pm
Oct 19 2017 03:48pm
Quote (meyer545 @ Oct 19 2017 04:46pm)
it's shit because you're in denial.
but you're Jupe so i forgive you.

Reddit attracts the worst kind of people it's an objective fact
Gold: 0.00
Oct 19 2017 03:49pm

Quote (Jupe @ Oct 19 2017 11:48pm)
Reddit attracts the worst kind of people it's an objective fact

You should browse jsp sometime :lol: