d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > RuneScape > Runescape Population Discussion > For You Rs3 Vs Osrs Lovers
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,146.53
Oct 16 2017 04:29am
Quote (Kokua @ 16 Oct 2017 01:05)
Gimme data over the last 4 years that provides the following:
The number of bots active
The number of users running multiple accounts, and the number of accounts
The unique number of users online at any given point
Provide that data in every 5 minute interval over the past 4 years
Also, the unique number of users online on a daily basis
Then I'll compare the data for you
If you want me to relate it to a specific topic afterwards, I'll gladly do that for you too

And to those who don't understand why I posted those specific time frames, feel free to re-read on your own

Goal: Get people to think and talk beyond the 3-5 word slam posts
As mentioned, the 3-5 word slam posts were obviously expected and are evident as a result of the thread's existence
Ultimately, the goal was still met with other people capable of reading more than 1 line and typing more than half a sentence

I cant though
neither can you
that's why I thought this was going to be a good thread because I thought op had the info
turned out he didn't
just said some shit any one can think of
Gold: 0.00
Oct 16 2017 08:14am
Quote (MakinClouds @ Oct 16 2017 05:43pm)
Also they poll everything for OSRS, which i actually really like. GE Barely passed the poll.

Hobo i miss u bud. we should play some arams sometime my dude

I barely logged into LoL this month :lol: but I'd be down for some arams

Gotte take those 774 skins out for a walk every now and then y'know B)
Oct 16 2017 09:02am
This was gonna be an edit, but I ran out of time to edit :lol:

To those who might wonder why I "cherry picked" that specific time frame to display, feel free to read what I wrote related to it previously; whether you read it for the first time after posting or if you have to re-read it
Also I don't know if anyone realized this yet or not, but this thread relates to the previous 2 rs3 vs osrs threads that were closed
And one of the possible reasons why this thread hasn't been closed yet is because it's not a biased argument with the sole purpose of shit talking the other game
There are many more reasons apart from comparing current online player count for both games for both games to be active, rather than, taking their words, trashing one game and merging everyone into the other
I left the general discussion open to such separate but relevant sub discussions
Someone previously asked this:
Their question is: given the basic population stats, would Jagex even still be able to support RS3 if OSRS wasnt brought out?
And if I were to respond to that question, I would respond with another question
My question is: Given their profit and loss statements, do you believe that Jagex would even be able to support OSRS if RS3 was taken down?
As Ctrain mentioned with data to support his claim, it is in Jagex's best interest to keep both games going

And remember the next time you complain about someone paying for mtx, whether it's keys, bonds, or cosmetics, remember that the money they spent allowed many of those who choose not to spend to continue playing without having to spend
One of my clanmates recently argued that nobody should spend money on RS, not for membership, not for bonds, not for keys, not for cosmetics
I challenged his thought, and said, if nobody spent money, then nobody would be a member, and the game would shut down
He replied with, "yes, people will have bonds for their membership"
How do you think those bonds come into the game? Do you think Jagex throws in 1000's of bonds into the GE every day for you to buy with your gold? No. Someone paid for it with money, and sold it to you for gold.
Also, if Jagex received no money, they would be operating completely at a loss, and unless they were some insanely wealthy non-profit company out to give everyone some free joy (they aren't, it's a business), that isn't gonna last long.

Here's something to think about.
How much am I really affected if a group of people spent $100s on their accounts? Not at all, thanks for your support.
How much am I really affected if a group of people spent $1000s on their accounts? Not at all, thanks for your business.
How much am I really affected if a group of people spent $10000s on their accounts? A little bit. Thanks for potentially funding some future update.
How much am I really affected if a group of people spent $100000s on their accounts? A fair bit. Thanks for investing in this game so we can all continue to play and enjoy the game.
Do I really care whether or not someone has 200m xp in a skill with a fraction of the effort spent? Not really. Because if they spent their money instead of time and effort, guess who benefits from that?... everyone?
"But then people are just gonna buy their way to the top of the leader boards" - yes, I've seen this claim. 100% false, as all forms of bonus experience in newly released skills do not affect newly released skills.
This includes treasure hunter, events and all minigames that reward experience, yes including tears of guthix.
How long does this last? 3 months for regular skills, 6 months for elite skills (first one being invention).
For those who don't know, many people obtained 99+ invention and regained access to max guild within 1-2 weeks, and those who weren't in such a rush could have easily obtained 99 within a month.
After the hype died to regain max/comp/trim, the skill became much cheaper to train, and people had more knowledge of how to effectively level it from everyone before them

I understand that people who can't even afford to pay for their monthly membership with money might feel shafted by the idea that someone else paid for something when they were unable to, and therefore dislike the whole mtx idea...
... but here's an idea... get a minimum wage job and start saving. Work your way up in position, or find a better paying job as you acquire more experience in that thing called irl.
If you have money but don't would rather spend it elsewhere, that's your choice. Why get upset when other people given the exact same choice end up choosing differently? It's not your life, not your money, not your problem. And guess what? Their spending habits benefit you as someone who plays the game without spending.

Enjoy the read, or TL;DR and reply like many others seem to have done so already, doesnt affect me one bit either way
Gold: 300.00
Oct 16 2017 10:52am
Quote (Kokua @ 16 Oct 2017 08:02)
This was gonna be an edit, but I ran out of time to edit :lol:

To those who might wonder why I "cherry picked" that specific time frame to display, feel free to read what I wrote related to it previously; whether you read it for the first time after posting or if you have to re-read it
Also I don't know if anyone realized this yet or not, but this thread relates to the previous 2 rs3 vs osrs threads that were closed
And one of the possible reasons why this thread hasn't been closed yet is because it's not a biased argument with the sole purpose of shit talking the other game
There are many more reasons apart from comparing current online player count for both games for both games to be active, rather than, taking their words, trashing one game and merging everyone into the other
I left the general discussion open to such separate but relevant sub discussions
Someone previously asked this:
Their question is: given the basic population stats, would Jagex even still be able to support RS3 if OSRS wasnt brought out?
And if I were to respond to that question, I would respond with another question
My question is: Given their profit and loss statements, do you believe that Jagex would even be able to support OSRS if RS3 was taken down?
As Ctrain mentioned with data to support his claim, it is in Jagex's best interest to keep both games going

And remember the next time you complain about someone paying for mtx, whether it's keys, bonds, or cosmetics, remember that the money they spent allowed many of those who choose not to spend to continue playing without having to spend
One of my clanmates recently argued that nobody should spend money on RS, not for membership, not for bonds, not for keys, not for cosmetics
I challenged his thought, and said, if nobody spent money, then nobody would be a member, and the game would shut down
He replied with, "yes, people will have bonds for their membership"
How do you think those bonds come into the game? Do you think Jagex throws in 1000's of bonds into the GE every day for you to buy with your gold? No. Someone paid for it with money, and sold it to you for gold.
Also, if Jagex received no money, they would be operating completely at a loss, and unless they were some insanely wealthy non-profit company out to give everyone some free joy (they aren't, it's a business), that isn't gonna last long.

Here's something to think about.
How much am I really affected if a group of people spent $100s on their accounts? Not at all, thanks for your support.
How much am I really affected if a group of people spent $1000s on their accounts? Not at all, thanks for your business.
How much am I really affected if a group of people spent $10000s on their accounts? A little bit. Thanks for potentially funding some future update.
How much am I really affected if a group of people spent $100000s on their accounts? A fair bit. Thanks for investing in this game so we can all continue to play and enjoy the game.
Do I really care whether or not someone has 200m xp in a skill with a fraction of the effort spent? Not really. Because if they spent their money instead of time and effort, guess who benefits from that?... everyone?
"But then people are just gonna buy their way to the top of the leader boards" - yes, I've seen this claim. 100% false, as all forms of bonus experience in newly released skills do not affect newly released skills.
This includes treasure hunter, events and all minigames that reward experience, yes including tears of guthix.
How long does this last? 3 months for regular skills, 6 months for elite skills (first one being invention).
For those who don't know, many people obtained 99+ invention and regained access to max guild within 1-2 weeks, and those who weren't in such a rush could have easily obtained 99 within a month.
After the hype died to regain max/comp/trim, the skill became much cheaper to train, and people had more knowledge of how to effectively level it from everyone before them

I understand that people who can't even afford to pay for their monthly membership with money might feel shafted by the idea that someone else paid for something when they were unable to, and therefore dislike the whole mtx idea...
... but here's an idea... get a minimum wage job and start saving. Work your way up in position, or find a better paying job as you acquire more experience in that thing called irl.
If you have money but don't would rather spend it elsewhere, that's your choice. Why get upset when other people given the exact same choice end up choosing differently? It's not your life, not your money, not your problem. And guess what? Their spending habits benefit you as someone who plays the game without spending.

Enjoy the read, or TL;DR and reply like many others seem to have done so already, doesnt affect me one bit either way

Something people are quick to forget is that the money isn't just going to Jagex to make their pockets fatter. That's the money that goes into update development and new content as well as servers and all that good shit.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 16 2017 08:44pm
Quote (Kokua @ Oct 15 2017 09:14pm)
Thanks to both of you for your typical expected response with your personal unsupported opinions with no relevant information to add or discuss. ^_^

This same thread is you looking for these responses.
Oct 16 2017 11:59pm
Quote (MakinClouds @ Oct 17 2017 02:52am)
Something people are quick to forget is that the money isn't just going to Jagex to make their pockets fatter. That's the money that goes into update development and new content as well as servers and all that good shit.

Lies.
My money went to charity during the last event B) I just happened to gain a... couple... million... dungeoneering tokens... and several times more xp and bxp out of it...

Quote (Noobalator @ Oct 17 2017 12:44pm)
This same thread is you looking for these responses.

I'd be even more satisfied with the thread if none of these responses found their way here, but good observation.
I'm not looking for those responses, but rather I expected them based on our lovely community's history with threads that mention both OSRS and RS3.
Gold: 45.00
Oct 17 2017 12:01am
Quote (MakinClouds @ Oct 16 2017 11:52am)

what content? name me 1 piece of content that wasnt dead or broken on release over past 3 years excluding bosses
Oct 17 2017 12:22am
Quote (southpark247 @ Oct 17 2017 04:01pm)
what content? name me 1 piece of content that wasnt dead or broken on release over past 3 years excluding bosses

Why are you excluding content? :bouncy:
Gold: 200.00
Oct 17 2017 12:30am
rs3 vs osrs in 2017 :wallbash:
Gold: 300.00
Oct 17 2017 02:10am
Quote (southpark247 @ 16 Oct 2017 23:01)

zeah
Go Back To RuneScape Topic List
Prev1234568Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll