d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Freedom Of Press? > Not If You Hurt My Feelings
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 500.00
Oct 13 2017 06:40am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 13 2017 03:52am)
Let's say Trump promises to cut taxes, but half of Congress and a few of those supposed to be in Trump's party (McCain anyone) say no. Who's fault is that.

Then let's say the newpapers report ONLY that Trump made promises he didn't keep. Is that report true or is it fake (or incomplete) news?

This is exactly what has been going on since January. Add to that the far east and far west coast district courts suing Trump every time he tries to do something.
And, on top of everything else, Hillary and Obama, running around sowing dissension at every turn. Oh, I almost forgot. Hillary breaks the law...twice during the campaign, and instead of ending up in jail, (the Dems, because the lost) accuse trump of collusion with Russia to hack the election. Even though we already KNEW that Hillary was in fact doing that during the campaign. (Ukraine anyone)

If all that isn't bad enough, the media who probably know exactly what's been going on...write 100's and 100's of stories, and only manage to represent the Dems side of the truth.

Wait there's more...

Then, when Trump gets upset and accuses the media of "fake news"....that too is turned around to make Trump look bad.

Granted Trump is not the polished president we all would want. But that does NOT change the fact, that he IS trying to do what he promised against a biased Congress, a biased media and a biased public, who unfortunately believes everything the media tells them.

trump does a better job than anyone else does of making himself look bad, guy's a compulsive liar
Gold: 1,945.00
Oct 13 2017 07:04am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 13 2017 02:52am)
Let's say Trump promises to cut taxes, but half of Congress and a few of those supposed to be in Trump's party (McCain anyone) say no. Who's fault is that.

According to republicans during Obama's tenure when he faced obstruction at every turn, it was his fault. Don't pretend y'all understand the role congress plays now.

Then let's say the newpapers report ONLY that Trump made promises he didn't keep. Is that report true or is it fake (or incomplete) news?

It's still true, but maybe instead of using an outdated source you can go online and read multiple sources? At that point it's your own fault for reading one source.

This is exactly what has been going on since January. Add to that the far east and far west coast district courts suing Trump every time he tries to do something.
And, on top of everything else, Hillary and Obama, running around sowing dissension at every turn. Oh, I almost forgot. Hillary breaks the law...twice during the campaign, and instead of ending up in jail, (the Dems, because the lost) accuse trump of collusion with Russia to hack the election. Even though we already KNEW that Hillary was in fact doing that during the campaign. (Ukraine anyone)

Maybe he should quit doing shit that's sue worthy. Sowing dissension? "Very fine people". Hillary broke the law? Remember when he ran his campaign on "lock her up", then as soon as he won he said she ran a great campaign and that he wasn't going to do anything to her? Also check the news as of late, if you want her locked up for private email you better be prepared to watch half of his administration go to jail along with her.

If all that isn't bad enough, the media who probably know exactly what's been going on...write 100's and 100's of stories, and only manage to represent the Dems side of the truth.

Again, that's on you if you don't look for multiple sources. Also when you say the Dems side of the truth, do you just mean the truth that Trump supporters refuse to accept?

Wait there's more...

Then, when Trump gets upset and accuses the media of "fake news"....that too is turned around to make Trump look bad.

He's stepping all over the first amendment. He has literally called every news source out there fake news except for breitbart and fox news, both of which are not news sources. I was never one of the "He's literally Hitler" people until he started questioning freedom of the press, and well, siding with nazis. And putting Steve Bannon in the white house..but I digress.

Granted Trump is not the polished president we all would want. But that does NOT change the fact, that he IS trying to do what he promised against a biased Congress, a biased media and a biased public, who unfortunately believes everything the media tells them.

Obama was a polished and qualified president, and I don't remember any conservatives in here being upset about the obstruction he faced. Direct quotes from McConnell that every Republican salivated over:

“The single most important thing we want to achieve,” McConnell said in 2010, “is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
“One of my proudest moments was when I looked at Barack Obama in the eye and I said, ‘Mr. President, you will not fill this Supreme Court vacancy."

Whether it's been a D or R, there's been obstruction from congress. I think a lot of people would agree that they've been the true evil for years. But with Trump's behavior it's impossible to focus on getting that fixed. Now we have to worry about fighting for our basic rights. Definitely didn't have to worry about that sort of shit during either of Obama's terms.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 13 2017 07:10am
Quote (zarkadon @ 13 Oct 2017 13:07)
I'm not going to say Trump is right or wrong in his accusations towards a certain media group (I don't read their news, so I won't jusdge), and I'm sure that he's only upset about the media groups that attack him and not the ones that support him, but there are some things I agree with him on this subject.

Personally I believe that any journalist or media group that lies, deliberately spreads what can objectively be considered "fake news", or doesn't bother to check the validity of their "sources", should be punished... eventually banned from journalism if they are repeated offenders.

You can revoke a medical license from a doctor that neglects his patients, you can also ban lawyers that commit small illegalities, and you can send an architect to jail for making an accidental mistake in the calculations he makes when designing the builiding's structure... but you can't do anything to journalists when they deliberately lie or used invalid sources, just to make a headline and get more clicks/likes/RTs/sell more papers/etc.

The media has a great power over society, and I'm an unclebenist when it comes to these things... they have a responsibility to do their job properly and with full honesty... they can't use their right to free speech to avoid this responsibility.

again, let me reiterate: the snowflake whining about "fake news", and even suggesting censorship(!), has a SIGNIFICANTLY worse track record of telling the truth himself - where is HIS "responsibility to do his job with full honesty"? should he also be "punished" for deliberate lies and falsehoods and eventually "banned" from his job? the whole "fake news" narrative is not only highly hypocritical - with the latest rhetoric it's moving closer to becoming a serious freedom of speech issue...

and while i agree with the general sentiment that journalists SHOULD be honest and held accountable, outlets like fox news or breitbart do a MUCH worse job being honest than those criticised by trump and the right - strangely NO complaints about that.

Quote (ampoo @ 13 Oct 2017 13:18)
of course you fail to mention the atomic bomb arsenal expansion bullshit, that was reported and successfully triggered trump

seems to be the new tactic, spread a nothingburger or outright fake news, trigger trump into oblivion and then talk about that
but its working nicely

you'd have to be pretty naive to uncritically claim this is "fake news". not only because the outlets reporting it are way more trustworthy than trump himself, and refering to sources within the administration (of which there are plenty, trump's complete lack of real leadership apparently makes it incredibly leaky) - but also because this is something that very much sounds like him: boastful ignorance, lack of moderation, and disconnect from reality, while being obsessed with american military power.
have you seen his previous statements concerning "nuclear"? not only his weird "nuclear uncle" rant, but also his ignorance concerning america's nuclear triad and apparent lack of insight regarding the iran deal? i can most definitely see him making such comments, and tillerson's non-denial also speaks for itself.

not that ANY of that is relevant for this thread, just a deflection to "justify" his attack on the free press - but hey, what else should i expect from you?
have you seen his remarks on "nuclear", his complete lack of knowledge concerning ANY specifics in that field? do you HONESTLY think him demanding to increase the nuclear arsenal of america is

This post was edited by fender on Oct 13 2017 07:11am
Gold: 2,094.99
Oct 13 2017 07:10am
He was trolling, relax snowflakes
Gold: 18,534.02
Oct 13 2017 07:13am
Do we have Trump's pee pee tapes yet?

I'm waiting for the Russian Collusion proof.

Gold: 2,570.91
Oct 13 2017 07:25am
Quote (fender @ 13 Oct 2017 15:10)
again, let me reiterate: the snowflake whining about "fake news", and even suggesting censorship(!), has a SIGNIFICANTLY worse track record of telling the truth himself - where is HIS "responsibility to do his job with full honesty"? should he also be "punished" for deliberate lies and falsehoods and eventually "banned" from his job? the whole "fake news" narrative is not only highly hypocritical - with the latest rhetoric it's moving closer to becoming a serious freedom of speech issue...

and while i agree with the general sentiment that journalists SHOULD be honest and held accountable, outlets like fox news or breitbart do a MUCH worse job being honest than those criticised by trump and the right - strangely NO complaints about that.

you'd have to be pretty naive to uncritically claim this is "fake news". not only because the outlets reporting it are way more trustworthy than trump himself, and refering to sources within the administration (of which there are plenty, trump's complete lack of real leadership apparently makes it incredibly leaky) - but also because this is something that very much sounds like him: boastful ignorance, lack of moderation, and disconnect from reality, while being obsessed with american military power.
have you seen his previous statements concerning "nuclear"? not only his weird "nuclear uncle" rant, but also his ignorance concerning america's nuclear triad and apparent lack of insight regarding the iran deal? i can most definitely see him making such comments, and tillerson's non-denial also speaks for itself.

not that ANY of that is relevant for this thread, just a deflection to "justify" his attack on the free press - but hey, what else should i expect from you?
have you seen his remarks on "nuclear", his complete lack of knowledge concerning ANY specifics in that field? do you HONESTLY think him demanding to increase the nuclear arsenal of america is

Yes. If he's deliberately lying with a bad intent, then that should be punishable.

I understand how the world works, I'm just saying how I feel it should be the way it works and what we should aim for.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 13 2017 07:30am
another day, another cry thread filled with spam by the bash brothers from different fathers, saucy6000000 the frenchie and the german fender aka heinrich von goebbels, descendant of joseph. both getting their daily ranting about the American President in.
Gold: 1,945.00
Oct 13 2017 07:32am
Lawd, deflection is out in full force today.

And I can't even get on twitter to amuse myself ;-;
Gold: 40.42
Oct 13 2017 11:22am
Quote (excellence @ 13 Oct 2017 05:30)
another day, another cry thread filled with spam by the bash brothers from different fathers, saucy6000000 the frenchie and the german fender aka heinrich von goebbels, descendant of joseph. both getting their daily ranting about the American President in.

Hey look, more personal attacks because you're not smart enough to actually engage with people's arguments

Christ, I hope you're being paid for this disingenuous nonsense. Doing this for free would literally be the saddest thing I've ever seen
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 13 2017 11:23am
In the mean time:

Canada will rise in the press freedom index by S-231 protecting journalistic sources and whistle blowers. Something Obama did not do during his term.

Anyone believes Trump can be anti Obama and be more like Canada ?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll