d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > We Need To Be Smart About Our Firearms > Simply Owning A Gun Is Not Enough
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Oct 11 2017 06:37pm
Quote (Knaapie @ Oct 11 2017 04:43am)
Hmm might be me, but it seems like your brother thought it to be better, to not carry a gun in the heat of the moment. He didn't wish to have one and be educated about it.

My brother is educated on firearms, which is why he's able to come to the conclusion that his gun would have been to no use to him on that day. He understands that simply being able to fire back doesn't make the situation better
Gold: 1,002.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 11 2017 06:54pm
Quote (TCassa89 @ 12 Oct 2017 01:37)
My brother is educated on firearms, which is why he's able to come to the conclusion that his gun would have been to no use to him on that day. He understands that simply being able to fire back doesn't make the situation better

Yes, he even came to the conclusion that there were times he wished he had a gun, but was unsure that, with the practice and education, he would be able to have the common sense to not draw his weapon in the heat of the moment, combine that with something unexpected happening around the corner (someone else drawing a gun) and things can go bad very fast..

Quote (TCassa89 @ 11 Oct 2017 08:43)
He explained further that at the time he wished he had his gun on him, because as he was having to go around corners, he did not know what he would encounter on the other side, but in hindsight he was glad he was not carrying that night, as 1. He could not have stopped the gunman 2. He is unsure if in the heat of the situation that he would have had the common sense not to draw his weapon, and 3. When he used his shirt as a tourniquet to prevent a woman who had been shot from bleeding out, the gun on his hip would have been left exposed. Had any of the officers who were trying to get control of the situation had seen him with his weapon, they might have mistook him for another gunman.

So in this situation he seemed it to best best if the entire crowd would not have small weapons at all.

I do think a high number of accidents around the house can be reduced with some sort of requirements. Sauccision posted something about how guns ownership is allowed in France if you are 18+ affiliated with a gun club, have 3 sessions with a teacher to be granted a license to buy and own guns for 5 years. To after that be repeated again. /e ow and they need a medical declaration as well. kinda important ^^

Imo it can reduce the quite a few of the accidents. Would imply gang members to list up in shooting clubs, which is interesting.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Oct 11 2017 06:58pm
Gold: 2,384.99
Oct 11 2017 06:57pm
Quote (TCassa89 @ Oct 11 2017 07:37pm)

You fact that a gun would have been of no use to someone that night in Vegas doesn’t equate to having a gun in the event of a shooter doesn’t make the situation better. There are certainly no guarantees, & every situation is going to have different variables. However, if I was in that office in San Bernardino, or that nightclub in Orlando, I certainly would feel the situation was better, even if it was marginally, if I or someone with me was able to fire back.
Oct 11 2017 07:01pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 12 Oct 2017 01:57)
You fact that a gun would have been of no use to someone that night in Vegas doesn’t equate to having a gun in the event of a shooter doesn’t make the situation better. There are certainly no guarantees, & every situation is going to have different variables. However, if I was in that office in San Bernardino, or that nightclub in Orlando, I certainly would feel the situation was better, even if it was marginally, if I or someone with me was able to fire back.

probably, but you'd have more of those if everybody is carrying guns in every bar.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Oct 11 2017 07:02pm
Gold: 260.11
Oct 11 2017 07:21pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Oct 11 2017 06:57pm)

A dark club where everybody starts shooting at each other...

definitely better. Friendly fire doesn't exist after all.
Oct 11 2017 07:22pm
Quote (Knaapie @ Oct 11 2017 08:01pm)
probably, but you'd have more of those if everybody is carrying guns in every bar.

You can only carry a concealed weapon in a bar in 4 states in America. It should probably be zero. I wasn’t advocating everyone carrying everywhere. Albeit, again, if I was in one of those situations I’d rather myself or someone that’s sufficiently trained be armed, then defenseless.

This post was edited by IgoSoHard on Oct 11 2017 07:42pm
Gold: 246.00
Oct 11 2017 07:23pm
Quote (majorblood @ Oct 11 2017 01:58am)
NRA does a good job with firearm education and training though some posters here see them as terrorists (really never understood this one)

the ignorance of guns reminds me of when after a police shooting people ask "why didn't he just shoot him in the foot or the hand to disarm him?"

this.
the echo chamber of the left has turned the IRA into some white supremacist arms dealer and the police into thugs, i always hear shit like "no where else in the world do the police shoot people like america"
thats because other countries with the amount of weapons per person have military's that do it 10 fold, and are actually corrupt
Oct 11 2017 07:36pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 11 2017 08:21pm)
A dark club where everybody starts shooting at each other...

definitely better. Friendly fire doesn't exist after all.

You know I didn’t say, nor would it be anywhere near everybody. They were trapped in that dark club with that asshole for over 3 hours. One person armed could’ve made a difference. If friendly fire becoming a factor is the consequence I have to deal with in order to change the situation from an armed shooter shooting at an unarmed group of people, to an armed shooter shooting at a group of people shooting back...I’ll take those odds every time.
Oct 11 2017 07:50pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 12 Oct 2017 02:22)
You can only carry a concealed weapon in a bar in 4 states in America. It should probably be zero. I wasn’t advocating everyone carrying everywhere. Albeit, again, if I was in one of those situations I’d rather myself or someone that’s sufficiently trained be armed, then defenseless.

So you're arguing me while you might actually be for creating legislation like they have in France ?
/e language

/e2 not talking about carrying in public part of French legislation for now. Just see my previous posts.

This post was edited by Knaapie on Oct 11 2017 07:57pm
Gold: 171.76
Oct 11 2017 10:22pm
We licence people to drive but we can’t require that they have training and licencing because apparently that’s tyranny.

You can’t take away the right for mentally ill people to own guns
Because that’s tyranny .

You can’t take away a violent criminals right to buys gun if they were convicted to less than a year in jail because that’s tyranny .

Private gun sales at gun shows or private sales between 2 parties don’t require a background check at all.... and if you took away someone’s right to sell a gun to a stranger off the internet... that is also tyranny.

Americans are proud of gun ownership and a society built on loving their firearms.

But you can keep the second amendment in place and have reasonable gun laws in place to protect the public as well.

This post was edited by bitg_pj on Oct 11 2017 10:22pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll