d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Who's Smarter? Trump Or Tillerson?
Prev1131415
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9,106.00
Oct 12 2017 02:05pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 12 2017 12:54pm)
Supports death while opposing death. Your morals are without any merit.

Never did i say i "support the death" penalty, you simply implied it little man.

Even if i did support it, the distinction of innocents vs guilt is a pretty big one.

On the one hand you have a innocent child, blameless by all accounts, on the other you have a convicted human that committed some heinous crime awaiting judgement deemed appropriate by society, pretty big distinction don't you think?

Death penalty is one of those issues that i'm on the fence about, both sides provide a compelling argument. Maybe slightly leaning against it, simply for the fact that it's too expensive to the taxpayer.

Sorry i don't fit in your little box mate.
Gold: 90.58
Oct 12 2017 02:13pm
i like how inkthedaggers emits he's a christian but criticizes and puts down christians at the same time

not nice, sir

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Oct 12 2017 02:13pm
Gold: 10.77
Oct 12 2017 02:22pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Oct 12 2017 01:13pm)
i like how inkthedaggers emits he's a christian but criticizes and puts down christians at the same time

not nice, sir

I put down apostate protestants for claiming their religion is behind scores of laws which are completely anti-Biblical.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 12 2017 02:24pm
Can't believe so many people still support trump
Gold: 9,106.00
Oct 12 2017 05:11pm
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 12 2017 01:22pm)
I put down apostate protestants for claiming their religion is behind scores of laws which are completely anti-Biblical.

Yes in the twilight zone in which freedom of religion and freedom of speech are anti-Biblical.

Here's a break down of the signers religious affiliations:

http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers_Religion.html

I know logic is not your strong suite but why on Gods green earth would so many Christians put the clause of "freedom of religion" if it's anti-Biblical?

I could spam this thread with hundreds of quotes from our founding fathers like the one below but why bother when your confirmation bias wont let you budge an inch?

Thomas Jefferson

"all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among them are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - that to secure these rights governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed ...."

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" He also wrote: "Almighty God hath created the mind free. ... All attempts to influence it by temporal punishments or burthens...are a departure from the plan of the Holy Author of our religion..."

Notice, it's the same thought process as one of my previous posts, equality for all being God-given? But yes please tell me more how Christianity had nothing to do with this. :rolleyes:

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Oct 12 2017 05:18pm
Gold: 1.50
Oct 12 2017 05:27pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 12 2017 06:11pm)
Yes in the twilight zone in which freedom of religion and freedom of speech are anti-Biblical.

Here's a break down of the signers religious affiliations:

http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers_Religion.html

I know logic is not your strong suite but why on Gods green earth would so many Christians put the clause of "freedom of religion" if it's anti-Biblical?

I could spam this thread with hundreds of quotes from our founding fathers like the one below but why bother when your confirmation bias wont let you budge an inch?

Notice, it's the same thought process as one of my previous posts, equality for all being God-given? But yes please tell me more how Christianity had nothing to do with this. :rolleyes:

You know Jefferson rejected the resurrection of Christ, correct?

Are you aware of the Jefferson Bible?
He literally wrote his own religious works, without the parts of the bible that are contradictory to logic. (corpse reanimation, angels, the flood, the second coming, heaven, eternal life, etc)
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 12 2017 07:28pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Oct 12 2017 04:13pm)

not nice, sir

He has to establish fake credibility before he attacks the people more successful than him.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1131415
Add Reply New Topic New Poll