d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Marijuana Growing Question > Kinda A Weird One But Im Curious
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 348.00
Oct 8 2017 02:20pm
The scenario:
So I have a handful of plants in my spare room. I'm going about this pretty lazy not going to lie.
A friend gave me them as little sprouts a few months ago and now they are around 2-3ft tall.
I don't plan on getting lights or a tent, don't want to drop anymore money into them than I have to.
Winter is coming and I know that they bud naturally going into the cold months due to the restriction of sunlight (I'm not worried about temp. I got that covered)
I think they are too small to harvest at this time.

My question: Would it be detrimental to the plants or the product if I let them do their thing through the winter and let them go a full season without harvesting them?
Would it cause damage to the plant itself if I don't harvest them?
Would it cause the current buds to lose their potency?
Or should I just let them do what they do naturally?

Thoughts, concerns, advice all welcome.

(This is legal where i live so none of that crap)
Gold: 40.64
Oct 9 2017 03:18am
If you're using natural light and they are budding just let them do their thing, but harvest them this year when the buds are mature. If you leave them too long you lose THC and CBD goes up. If you want peak THC then harvest when the trichomes are cloudy. If the trichomes are turning amber then THC levels are dropping. Cannabis plants do not normally over-winter. They grow one life cycle and die in the winter. It would be detrimental to leave them all winter, the buds would lose all their potency and become stale and dusty.

If you want bigger plants then start growing them earlier in the year and give them better growing conditions (primarily light). The plants you have are not going to get any bigger except for a few inches as they grow buds.

If you're using natural light make sure that at nighttime no light leaks into that room and don't turn on the lights. It is the uninterrupted darkness which causes the hormone changes in the plant to properly grow buds.
Gold: 30.00
Oct 9 2017 04:30pm
Quote (NatureNames @ Oct 9 2017 05:18am)
If you're using natural light and they are budding just let them do their thing, but harvest them this year when the buds are mature. If you leave them too long you lose THC and CBD goes up. If you want peak THC then harvest when the trichomes are cloudy. If the trichomes are turning amber then THC levels are dropping. Cannabis plants do not normally over-winter. They grow one life cycle and die in the winter. It would be detrimental to leave them all winter, the buds would lose all their potency and become stale and dusty.

If you want bigger plants then start growing them earlier in the year and give them better growing conditions (primarily light). The plants you have are not going to get any bigger except for a few inches as they grow buds.

If you're using natural light make sure that at nighttime no light leaks into that room and don't turn on the lights. It is the uninterrupted darkness which causes the hormone changes in the plant to properly grow buds.

:o
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Closed New Topic New Poll