d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > A Different Abortion Thread
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,945.00
Oct 4 2017 11:53am
Quote (djman72 @ Oct 4 2017 11:49am)
Because one is a choice and one is out of the persons control.

Why is this hard for you?

You don't think at some point, after that many failed pregnancies, that you should stop?

Because I think at that point it is within that person's control to stop losing fetuses, therefore it's as much of a choice as terminating. Welcome to a debate, I know it's hard when it's not the same old argument that's black and white and it's easy to pick a side.

Quote (djman72 @ Oct 4 2017 11:49am)
E: Also, why the fuck would dropping it to manslaughter change anything? You are trying to charge someone with a crime because a miscarriage that is unpredictable.

Look at yourself in a mirror and say "I think people who have had a miscarriage or multiple miscarriages should be charged with a crime" out loud and then come back here and tell me you aren't a crazy moron.

I'm not suggesting charging anyone with anything, lol. This is from a pro-life view, all embryos matter, etc etc.

You are completely missing the point so I think I'm done responding to you. You'll just continue seeing what you want to see, go pretend to be morally outraged elsewhere.

Quote (Leevee @ Oct 4 2017 11:50am)
Xandriia, you are trying to reason people out of a position they did not reason themselves into.

That's what I'm trying to get at though. It's not the first, second, maybe even not the third time. You're aware at this point of the probability of what will happen. That's the one question I'm trying to get answered, at this point how is it not a choice?

This post was edited by Xandriia on Oct 4 2017 11:56am
Gold: 18,534.02
Oct 4 2017 11:53am
Quote (djman72 @ Oct 4 2017 12:49pm)

Look at yourself in a mirror and say "I think people who have had a miscarriage or multiple miscarriages should be charged with a crime" out loud and then come back here and tell me you aren't a crazy moron.

did you do this yet?
Gold: 152.00
Oct 4 2017 11:54am
I think people are missing the point. OP raises a valid point.

The mother is willingly conceiving, knowing that the baby will die. What significant moral difference is there between that and having an abortion?

This post was edited by Voyaging on Oct 4 2017 11:55am
Oct 4 2017 11:56am
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 4 2017 11:54am)

The mother is willingly conceiving, knowing that the baby will die. What significant moral difference is there between that and having an abortion?

Thank you, yes. See my edit above.
Gold: 5,169.82
Oct 4 2017 11:58am
Quote (Xandriia @ Oct 4 2017 07:53pm)
That's what I'm trying to get at though. It's not the first, second, maybe even not the third time. You're aware at this point of the probability of what will happen. That's the one question I'm trying to get answered, at this point how is it not a choice?

What I am trying to say is that you are asking questions at a certain level, while your target audience does not have the intention of approaching the topic at that same level. You will have a hard time getting serious answers to this.
Oct 4 2017 12:00pm
Quote (Leevee @ Oct 4 2017 11:58am)
What I am trying to say is that you are asking questions at a certain level, while your target audience does not have the intention of approaching the topic at that same level. You will have a hard time getting serious answers to this.

Ah, I see. That's a shame, this is a debate I've wanted to have for quite some time.
Gold: 18,534.02
Oct 4 2017 12:01pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 4 2017 12:54pm)

Wrong. That is not his point, which is the entire problem with his argument.

I would agree with both of you that, in this one scenario, that a mother was purposely getting pregnant knowing that with 100% certainty (that's the important part here, folks) that the child will die then it's wrong.

If there is a chance she can bring a child into this world, then it's absolutely fine.

I have no moral outrage here, it's simply common sense.
Gold: 5,169.82
Oct 4 2017 12:03pm
Quote (djman72 @ Oct 4 2017 08:01pm)
Wrong. That is not his point, which is the entire problem with his argument.

I would agree with both of you that, in this one scenario, that a mother was purposely getting pregnant knowing that with 100% certainty (that's the important part here, folks) that the child will die then it's wrong.

If there is a chance she can bring a child into this world, then it's absolutely fine.

I have no moral outrage here, it's simply common sense.

Great! This means we just need to develop an abortion procedure with 80% success rate, and pro lifers will approve.
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 4 2017 12:03pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 4 2017 12:54pm)

There's a difference between knowing the unborn baby will die, and knowing there's a good chance the unborn baby will die. It's an interesting question, but I don't think it's comparable. Miscarriages are very common, nature made it that way, and intent is the major factor here.

I suppose there's an argument to be made that if a woman knows every pregnancy will miscarriage, she's on the same moral ground as a woman who gets an abortion, but is it even possible to have that knowledge?
Gold: 8,221.00
Oct 4 2017 12:04pm
Quote (Voyaging @ Oct 4 2017 10:54am)

...except this is never the case. Even with women that have had multiple miscarriages there is a probability that the baby will survive. I challenge you to find me examples were doctors have proven 100% a baby will die due to miscarriage and the women continues on trying to make a baby.

Abortion is a rational choice on the part of the women, miscarriage is not. Why is this such a hard concept to understand?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12346Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll