d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > A Different Abortion Thread
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,945.00
Oct 4 2017 10:51am
I've always wanted to ask this on other forums I was once a part of, but I also didn't want to trigger anyone that had fertility issues. Didn't think I'd have an issue here since it's mostly guys, but sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

This is mostly directed at people who claim to be pro-life.

Obviously there are a lot of women out there who have trouble conceiving. Even when they do, they may have only a small chance of making it to term. Say a woman has gotten pregnant multiple times, each time resulting in a miscarriage. She knows that there's a high chance that this will always be the case with her pregnancies, but she keeps TTC anyway.

Is she a murderer?
Gold: 18,534.02
Oct 4 2017 11:01am
No

/thread
Oct 4 2017 11:26am
Quote (djman72 @ Oct 4 2017 11:01am)
No

/thread

Are you pro-life?

Also not quite, I want to hear why it's different if someone terminates at say, 10 weeks, versus someone losing multiple fetuses at 10 weeks and willingly making the choice that will likely culminate in losing more.
Gold: 8,221.00
Oct 4 2017 11:29am
No.

I'm not sure if you're stupid or really stupid to create this abortion of a thread.

Abortion is a choice, miscarriage is not.
Oct 4 2017 11:33am
I would consider myself pro life.

Your question is idiotic. Why would it be murder if they aren't sure that the baby will live or die?

Where is your threshold for death on this one? When do they become a murderer - 25% death rate, 50%, 75%? Do they need multiple opinions from doctors on what the likelihood will be?

Your dealing in uncertainty on one side "Baby might die, might live" and certainty on another "You're a murderer"

Hypothetically, if your a person who is deemed unfit to have a child in your idiotic system and you accidentally get pregnant? What if you bring a baby into the world and it dies 2 weeks after of natural causes? Murderer? Death Penalty.

This is a very, VERY stupid question.
Oct 4 2017 11:36am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 4 2017 11:29am)
No.

I'm not sure if you're stupid or really stupid to create this abortion of a thread.

Abortion is a choice, miscarriage is not.

You're not sure if I'm stupid or really stupid? Well I don't have that problem with you, believe me lol.

If you miscarry more than once and you know that in all likelihood you'll miscarry again, how is that not making a choice? Tell me the difference between the aborted fetus and the miscarried ones. Are they different somehow?

Quote (djman72 @ Oct 4 2017 11:33am)
I would consider myself pro life.

Your question is idiotic. Why would it be murder if they aren't sure that the baby will live or die?

Where is your threshold for death on this one? When do they become a murderer - 25% death rate, 50%, 75%? Do they need multiple opinions from doctors on what the likelihood will be?

Your dealing in uncertainty on one side "Baby might die, might live" and certainty on another "You're a murderer"

Hypothetically, if your a person who is deemed unfit to have a child in your idiotic system and you accidentally get pregnant? What if you bring a baby into the world and it dies 2 weeks after of natural causes? Murderer? Death Penalty.

This is a very, VERY stupid question.

In the situation multiple fetuses (not babies) have died already.

As far as the murderer angle, that's a typical pro-lifer's response to a woman that has an abortion, no matter what the situation may be that led her to that decision.

Your last point doesn't matter. They brought the baby into the world, at this point pro-lifer's have already forgotten about the baby.

E: Also if you think this thread/question is stupid, you're more than welcome to go back to other threads and make the exact same points that have been made for years, and go in the exact same circles.

This post was edited by Xandriia on Oct 4 2017 11:42am
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 4 2017 11:42am
Miscarriage is a natural death, the mother isn't intending to kill her unborn offspring. Intent matters from a moral perspective...
Oct 4 2017 11:45am
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 4 2017 11:42am)
Miscarriage is a natural death, the mother isn't intending to kill her unborn offspring. Intent matters from a moral perspective...

Okay, so strike murder and make it manslaughter then.

The way I look at this is the same as when people that are pro-life want to take away people's choice except for in situations of their choosing. At ten weeks no matter how these fetuses are out, they're all the same. So how is it any different?
Oct 4 2017 11:49am
Quote (Xandriia @ Oct 4 2017 12:45pm)
Okay, so strike murder and make it manslaughter then.

The way I look at this is the same as when people that are pro-life want to take away people's choice except for in situations of their choosing. At ten weeks no matter how these fetuses are out, they're all the same. So how is it any different?

Because one is a choice and one is out of the persons control.

Why is this hard for you?

E: Also, why the fuck would dropping it to manslaughter change anything? You are trying to charge someone with a crime because a miscarriage that is unpredictable.

Look at yourself in a mirror and say "I think people who have had a miscarriage or multiple miscarriages should be charged with a crime" out loud and then come back here and tell me you aren't a crazy moron.

This post was edited by djman72 on Oct 4 2017 11:51am
Gold: 5,169.82
Oct 4 2017 11:50am
Xandriia, you are trying to reason people out of a position they did not reason themselves into.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll