d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Pro Choice > In The Party Of Family Values
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Oct 5 2017 03:24pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 5 2017 03:22pm)
It was kosher too. And Islam has a long tradition of abortion. I have an ethics book on abortion. Only frowned upon in modern America. Hell is new too, a lot of people don't know that...and priests got married throughout most of history, lol.

Some modern people just kind of rewrote history and said it was always this way and got enough people saying it.

St. Augustus based his abortion position on the bible and said that it was kosher until 16 weeks for females, and 8 weeks for males.

If we're actually going on scripture though it should be kosher until it's 3 years old.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 5 2017 03:25pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 5 2017 04:21pm)
I may be wrong, but I believe virtually all of the modern "pro life" position can be traced back to the faulty observation that fetuses were tiny, fully-formed humans from the moment of conception.

This is so true. It drives me nuts. There just isn't a baby in there. I love the PaRD libertarians who believe that the Bill of Rights are cool things for white dudes and that women should be forced to have children that men can sell. I think it's pick on Cam day so I'm just piling on :lol:

Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 5 2017 04:24pm)
St. Augustus based his abortion position on the bible and said that it was kosher until 16 weeks for females, and 8 weeks for males.

If we're actually going on scripture though it should be kosher until it's 3 years old.

St. Aquinas, Doctor of the Church, had similar timelines I'm pretty sure. He was a very smart man too. He is a strong philosopher in his own right.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 5 2017 03:25pm
Gold: 260.11
Oct 5 2017 03:31pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 5 2017 03:25pm)
This is so true. It drives me nuts. There just isn't a baby in there. I love the PaRD libertarians who believe that the Bill of Rights are cool things for white dudes and that women should be forced to have children that men can sell. I think it's pick on Cam day so I'm just piling on :lol:

St. Aquinas, Doctor of the Church, had similar timelines I'm pretty sure. He was a very smart man too. He is a strong philosopher in his own right.

It was Aquinas. I got the names mixed up.

In other news, I still can't get any pro-lifers to even acknowledge that in-vitro fertilization kills dozens of children.

The best response I've gotten was from Santara who basically said it was worth it because it was in pursuit of a birth.

Kind of disgusting conclusion, and really demonstrates the absurdity of calling them pro-life.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Oct 5 2017 03:33pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 5 2017 04:02pm
Quote (Skinned @ 5 Oct 2017 22:22)
It was kosher too. And Islam has a long tradition of abortion. I have an ethics book on abortion. Only frowned upon in modern America. Hell is new too, a lot of people don't know that...and priests got married throughout most of history, lol.

Some modern people just kind of rewrote history and said it was always this way and got enough people saying it.

well i am aware that there has been a long "tradition" of abortion. there is a very old german word for people performing abortions: "engelmacher" (which translates to "angel maker") and i always thought that sounds extremely sinister (even though the opposite was clearly the intention) - and that's not because i was raised catholic, luckily my grandparents refrained from indoctrinating me with bumper sticker postitions regarding such highly controversial topics... maybe it's the fact that angels ARE portrayed as fully developed people, as kids or adults, and i always thought you just slap on a pair of wings on whoever just died and there goes your angel...
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 5 2017 07:09pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 5 2017 04:22pm)

Gold: 1,895.00
Oct 6 2017 06:25am
Quote (Leevee @ Oct 4 2017 11:56pm)
I find this the difficult part.

I am 100% pro abortion during the first, let's say, 15 or 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
I am 100% against abortion during, for instance, the 7th month of the pregnancy.

I am aware of the fact that it's an argument completely based on sentiment, but I feel like an abortion should not happen be done at a stage where the baby would already be able to survive if it was given birth.

The 20 to 30 weeks period is a grey zone to me, and I am not sure how I feel about it.

Yeah a lot of those who are pro choice don't like the idea of late term abortion since as you said it's able to survive outside of the mothers body so they can't act like it wouldn't feel pain or be a pretty developed baby at birth at that point. I also don't think you're being sentimental since you're considering the development of the fetus which is a rational thing to do.

This post was edited by dark-soul on Oct 6 2017 06:28am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910
Add Reply New Topic New Poll