d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Pro Choice > In The Party Of Family Values
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,169.82
Oct 4 2017 06:06am
Quote (majorblood @ Oct 4 2017 01:42pm)
because of adversity and 'shitty parents' life should be terminated? This is your central argument on the morality of abortion?

It is a central argument pro-abortion, but no, it is not related to the morality at all. My main argument on the morality of abortion is the fact that there is no reasonable morality argument against it. An embryo or early-stage fetus is not a child, and aborting it is murder just as much as anti-conception is.
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 4 2017 07:11am
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Oct 4 2017 05:51am)
Oh, like when they force a victim of rape to carry to term with no regard what that will do to the woman? Or when they forced a man to watch his brain dead wife stay hooked up to tubes and wires because the state wouldn't respect her wishes, the family's wishes and his wishes?
Having a choice does not equate to pro infanticide as much as you want to pretend it does to avoid the elephant in the room, but drafting policies and voting to pretty much abandon the fetus once it's born pretty much does illustrate the point he was making and you're lying if you claim otherwise.

How about we work to reduce the need for abortions before trying getting rid of them, how about republicans stop defunding teen pregnancy programs,
stop promoting abstinence education that doesn't work and teach actual sex ed and provide access to contraceptives and stop defunding women's reproductive healthcare.
While also providing help and support once the child is born instead of abandoning them. You know, if they really want to claim to be pro life and actually be sincere about it.

Or don't and be hypocrites about it. Which one is more likely?

Sorry, but I get to decide which labels I will apply to baby killers. Calling people pro-choice while they actively take one away from the victim? I refuse.

This post was edited by Santara on Oct 4 2017 07:14am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 4 2017 07:13am
Quote (Arsenic_Touch @ Oct 4 2017 03:51am)
Oh, like when they force a victim of rape to carry to term with no regard what that will do to the woman? Or when they forced a man to watch his brain dead wife stay hooked up to tubes and wires because the state wouldn't respect her wishes, the family's wishes and his wishes?

Damn, sounds like you had a troubled life, sorry about that.

Gold: 285.00
Oct 4 2017 09:28am
I'm pro choice.

Freed can be hard for some.

We can't trample the rights of actual people in favor of the rights of non-people.

Quote (Santara @ Oct 4 2017 08:11am)
Sorry, but I get to decide which labels I will apply to baby killers. Calling people pro-choice while they actively take one away from the victim? I refuse.

You realize it is extreme hyperbole though.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 4 2017 09:29am
Gold: 7,371.00
Oct 4 2017 09:42am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 4 2017 08:28am)
I'm pro choice.

Freed can be hard for some.

We can't trample the rights of actual people in favor of the rights of non-people.

You realize it is extreme hyperbole though.

Not at all. Abortion proponents purposefully use a vague term such as "pro-choice" to give it a positive feel. Pro choice to do what exactly? Why not be honest of what you're proposing instead of putting a spin making your position sound as if it's some moral good.

Instead you guys refer to it as "pro-choice" so when someone say they are against "pro-choice", in our libertine culture they can automatically be labeled as some sort of oppressor and wrong.

Less than 1% of all abortions are due to rape or incest but yet it's used to justify the other 99% of abortions. Worldwide, there have been a billion people aborted since the 70s. You take all the wars, genocides, murders ever committed and they are a small fraction of abortion murders.

This is greatest crime against humanity of all time. You guys choose to rationalize and excuse murder because selfish ambitions and hedonism takes precedence over life.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Oct 4 2017 09:45am
Gold: 500.00
Oct 4 2017 09:51am
pro life until you need an abortion :rofl:

though this is normal for republicans on virtually any issue that doesn't affect them until it does -_-

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 4 2017 09:52am
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 4 2017 10:47am
Quote (ofthevoid @ 4 Oct 2017 16:42)
Not at all. Abortion proponents purposefully use a vague term such as "pro-choice" to give it a positive feel. Pro choice to do what exactly? Why not be honest of what you're proposing instead of putting a spin making your position sound as if it's some moral good.

Instead you guys refer to it as "pro-choice" so when someone say they are against "pro-choice", in our libertine culture they can automatically be labeled as some sort of oppressor and wrong.

Less than 1% of all abortions are due to rape or incest but yet it's used to justify the other 99% of abortions. Worldwide, there have been a billion people aborted since the 70s. You take all the wars, genocides, murders ever committed and they are a small fraction of abortion murders.

This is greatest crime against humanity of all time. You guys choose to rationalize and excuse murder because selfish ambitions and hedonism takes precedence over life.

silly talking point. pro choice does not mean pro abortion. it means just what it says: allowing everyone to HAVE the CHOICE - something even outspoken opponents of a woman's choice seem to agree with once they are personally affected.
the REALLY misleading term is the side that calls itself "pro life", which really should be labeled "anti choice". they couldn't care less about "life" in general (guns / healthcare / food programs / poverty / unjustified wars / environmental protection / capital punishment...), they only care about restricting a woman's choice for their own (mostly religious and ideological) reasons.

This post was edited by fender on Oct 4 2017 10:54am
Gold: 2.70
Oct 4 2017 10:51am
women can do w/e they want with their bodies.. no care here
Gold: 285.00
Oct 4 2017 11:25am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 4 2017 10:42am)

Calling a zygote or fetus a person is the hyperbole and rests on equivocation of things not the same.

They can call it pro abortion for all I care.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 4 2017 11:26am
Gold: 2,570.91
Oct 4 2017 11:28am
Quote (Santara @ 4 Oct 2017 15:11)

WHat choice are they taking away from the fetus? Can a fetus chose to die or not?

Quote (fender @ 4 Oct 2017 18:47)
silly talking point. pro choice does not mean pro abortion. it means just what it says: allowing everyone to HAVE the CHOICE - something even outspoken opponents of a woman's choice seem to agree with once they are personally affected.
the REALLY misleading term is the side that calls itself "pro life", which really should be labeled "anti choice". they couldn't care less about "life" in general (guns / healthcare / food programs / poverty / unjustified wars / environmental protection / capital punishment...), they only care about restricting a woman's choice for their own (mostly religious and ideological) reasons.

That's a pretty big generalization. Many of the "pro-life" or "anti-choice" people I know are in fact women that are simply unsettled by the idea of killing what they consider to be a human being.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234510Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll