Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 90.58
Oct 3 2017 08:02pm
Quote (Ontarian @ Oct 3 2017 06:01pm)
Would be nice if this site caught up with the rest of the world you mean

red herring
Gold: 691.02
Oct 3 2017 08:03pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Oct 3 2017 10:02pm)
red herring

You do just like to bitch about everything just stfu

This post was edited by Ontarian on Oct 3 2017 08:03pm
Gold: 691.02
Oct 3 2017 08:08pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Oct 3 2017 10:02pm)
idk this site has kinda pretty smileys :wub: ! mobile ones arent nowhere near that quality :cry: !

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩
Oct 3 2017 08:15pm
Quote (Ontarian @ Oct 3 2017 06:03pm)
You do just like to bitch about everything just stfu

not really.

this is all i see when you post those silly mobile only emojis

you should have some respect and realize not everyone uses jsp on their mobile devices. and why njaguar incorporated native emojis into the forum
Gold: 1,975.00
Oct 3 2017 08:22pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 3 Oct 2017 21:07)
Iron golem was nowhere near impactful as holyshield when using it. that's a false equivalence

Da fuq? Why do you keep comparing those two things? You're trying to use diablo 2 as a "better" example, but you keep miserably failing to do so. Instead, you're proving that D2 had it right with persistent annoying minions. Iron golem persisted through games. Spectres now persist through logouts. Both minions have no duration.

You wanna feel powerful spamming minions? Spam the ones that HAVE A GOD DAMN DURATION TAG. Animate weapon, skeles, etc.

Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 3 Oct 2017 21:07)

that's like the same logic as saying no one has time to cast the hurricane skill on the druid all the damn time! was it annoying af? yes, but was it worth it? yes (for pve mostly)

What the fuck...

Is that how you try to "win" arguments? By just babbling nonsense for so long that people just give up. Your strategy is idiotic tenacity?
Oct 3 2017 08:28pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Oct 3 2017 06:22pm)
Da fuq? Why do you keep comparing those two things? You're trying to use diablo 2 as a "better" example, but you keep miserably failing to do so. Instead, you're proving that D2 had it right with persistent annoying minions. Iron golem persisted through games. Spectres now persist through logouts. Both minions have no duration.

You wanna feel powerful spamming minions? Spam the ones that HAVE A GOD DAMN DURATION TAG. Animate weapon, skeles, etc.

What the fuck...

Is that how you try to "win" arguments? By just babbling nonsense for so long that people just give up. Your strategy is idiotic tenacity?

Ofcourse diablo 2 had the iron golem thing right, but ontarian was using that to compare with my holy shield analogy which was a false equivalence.. You should really read the other posts i've made instead of just nitpicking stuff out of context

i'm not babbling at all, lol. I'm saying the more automation you have for skills will in essence create less gameplay immersion. I am using the hurricane and holy shield as analogies of how using a skill that has a duration feels impactful. Summoning minions and whatnot is supposed to feel impactful and it was, now it's going to be automatic (do it once and forget). It's dumbing down the game.

Also, nice ad-hominem again at the end, you're really good that

This post was edited by JohnMiller92 on Oct 3 2017 08:28pm
Gold: 1,975.00
Oct 3 2017 08:37pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ 3 Oct 2017 22:28)
Ofcourse diablo 2 had the iron golem thing right, but ontarian was using that to compare with my holy shield analogy which was a false equivalence.. You should really read the other posts i've made instead of just nitpicking stuff out of context

i'm not babbling at all, lol. I'm saying the more automation you have for skills will in essence create less gameplay immersion. I am using the hurricane and holy shield as analogies of how using a skill that has a duration feels impactful. Summoning minions and whatnot is supposed to feel impactful and it was, now it's going to be automatic (do it once and forget). It's dumbing down the game.

Also, nice ad-hominem again at the end, you're really good that

I think you need to make a spectre build and tell me how "powerful" you feel looking for the right minions every time you log back in.

Those changes were all purely quality of life the community as a whole has wanted since spectres were even a thing.

Automation changes that would kill immersion are things like an integrated auto clicker for fusing items, auto-clicker for chaosing items where you set certain mods as priorities and it stops rolling when it hits at least 2 of those mods, etc. That's actual dumbing down. The auras and spectres changes are welcomed by apparently everybody except you.
Gold: 1,444.13
Oct 3 2017 08:42pm
Quote (JohnMiller92 @ Oct 3 2017 08:20pm)
Sounds like personal problems tbh.

Summoners are by nature (d2 speaking), something that was summoned for a xx period of time. POE is starting to slowly remove these inherit APRG traits one by one is my point (which obviously you missed)

So now everyone can use spectre gems and just have a buffer of minions following them around all the time... sounds like path of fucking skeletons to me.

so much for casting holy shield on my d2 paladin.. now we got aura persistence! now i just have a holy shield 100% of the time! (obviously a skill you use and not an aura), but some auras like wrath make you feel good when you use them, so same thing applies there

ruins immersion and is a detriment to the longevity of the game imo

WRONG, you sound like a d3 player (where summons are temp) and clearly don't actually know much of anything about d2.
The only summons on d2 that were temp were revives, and those were easily located and not as necessary for specific ones as spectres. the only revives that really mattered were nihli snakes for pk.

Oct 3 2017 08:50pm
Quote (Caulder10 @ Oct 3 2017 06:42pm)
WRONG, you sound like a d3 player (where summons are temp) and clearly don't actually know much of anything about d2.
The only summons on d2 that were temp were revives, and those were easily located and not as necessary for specific ones as spectres. the only revives that really mattered were nihli snakes for pk.

TIL summoners on d2 were persistent.. rofl you couldn't be more wrong
Oct 3 2017 08:58pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Oct 3 2017 06:37pm)
I think you need to make a spectre build and tell me how "powerful" you feel looking for the right minions every time you log back in.

Those changes were all purely quality of life the community as a whole has wanted since spectres were even a thing.

Automation changes that would kill immersion are things like an integrated auto clicker for fusing items, auto-clicker for chaosing items where you set certain mods as priorities and it stops rolling when it hits at least 2 of those mods, etc. That's actual dumbing down. The auras and spectres changes are welcomed by apparently everybody except you.

i agree with those? but i believe automating player skills is part of dumbing it down as well

hurricane skill on d2 = cast it, had duration

holy shield = duration

each time you activate these skills it felt immerseful and empowering

if d2 devs made it so the hurricane skill would just be activated all the time, not much of a skill anymore is it? more of a permanent buff. same shit for spectres.. so you just use the skill once and they are all persistent never have to re summon them? sounds like so much fun!
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Prev13456712Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll